Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Buruan » January 11th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Updating this with the best method from the entire thread : (Credit to Badpathing)

Nexus Whelp (P/P) 1-2-2
Chrominius (H/H) 1-1-2
Carry Pet
(note, mechanical and magic pets can be any level and survive, otherwise you need 300 hp or so..though, you can gamble and live with as low as 150 hp depending on the pet type and RNG).

1. Mana Surge #1
2. Mana Surge #2, Jahan dies 99% of the time (on very rare occasions, he will survive)
3. Mana Surge #3 - one of two scenarios below

~Samm lives
4. Arcane Storm - kill Samm and damage Archimedes
5. Swap Carry pet, absorb Wild Magic
6. Swap Chrominius
7. Surge of Power

~Samm died
4. Swap Carry pet, absorb Wild Magic
5. Swap Chrominius
6. Howl
7. Surge of Power
Last edited by Buruan on January 26th, 2015, 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liadain
Pet Score:3923
Realm:Blackhand-us

Re: Fastest Strat for Jahan / Samm / Archimedes

Post by Liadain » January 11th, 2015, 2:01 pm

This is the first time I've tried to post any "statistics" so they might not be perfect, but the strategy I have been using takes about 6 rounds and about 1 minute. There is a lot of RNG of course, so sometimes there is an extra round or two.

1. Carry pet
2. Chrominius 1-1-2
3. Nexus Whelpling (P/P) 2-2-2

I use the carry pet first, since they will get hit whether they are in the front or the back. Hit once and pull them out.

Put in Chrominius. Howl > Surge of Power

Chrominius dies, put in Nexus Whelpling. Mana Surge > (if Archimedes doesn't die before mana surge is over, hit arcane storm)

Occasionally chrominius dies before getting off surge of power. (I counted 5 times out of 31) But this didn't effect the outcome of the fight, just added an extra round or two. Also, occasionally rng causes the need for an arcane storm at the end, whether Chrominius dies or not.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 11th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Arcane Eye (2,2,2)
Disgusting Oozeling (2,1,1) Any oozeling would do.
Carry Pet

Most of the time I didn't need the Oozeling

Start with Drain Power, then Mana Surge - most of the time that would get me down to Archimedes. Sometimes I might have to do a hit with Drain Blast to get it down to about 300-500 and at that point of the eye had any life I would just pass until it died bringing in the carry pet.

I'd do one hit with the pet then if it didn't kill it I'd switch to the oozeling to finish it off.

Alesis
Pet Score:2472
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Alesis » January 11th, 2015, 2:40 pm

The 2x Nexus Whelpling (P/P) strat has worked for me so far 100% of the time.

Jahan casts arcane storm for you at the start of the fight, just spam mana surge till everything is dead but 1 nexus whelp (usually at 20%-50% health) and your carry pet (swap carry in when arch comes out).

super easy and super fast. love it =)

Knots
Pet Score:9641
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Knots » January 11th, 2015, 2:49 pm

1 - Nexus Whelpling (P/S) 1 2 2
2 - Leveling Pet (Minimum 300 Health to survive Arcane Storm)
3 - Nether Fairy Dragon (S/S) 2 2 1

1 - Start With Mana Surge - Jahan will Cast Arcane Storm for you
2 - Jahan should die in the second round
3 - Samm comes in and takes the last round of Arcane Storm
4 - Use Tail Sweep to clean up Samm (in some 5% of fights Samm doesnt die here, and i restart)
5 - Bring in Leveler
6 - Archimedes casts Wild Magic
7 - Bring in NFD
8 - Life Exchange
9 - MoonFire
10 - Arcane Blast (in some rare cases NFD dies before, if there is life left on Nexus I recover, if not, i restart)

I am leveling the (P/P) versions of Nexus and NFD right now to see if the results become even more reliable.
This can be cut down to 7 rounds. If you use Arcane Storm instead of Tail Sweep to clean up Samm, it will do some damage to Archimedes in the background as well. Then Arch is low enough that you can use Chrominius and kill him in one move with Power Surge.

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » January 11th, 2015, 4:14 pm

FWIW, your carry pet just have to survive a Arcane Storm crit of 234, while flyers have to survive a strong crit of 351 (I think?).

What I usually do is, if I've exhausted the various dailies, I strap on my safari hat and head for Seradane in The Hinterlands. Loads and loads of level 11'ish critters around, which won't kill your carry pet (unless you're unlucky with an undead carry), but will go down hard to, say, a Flayer Youngling with Rampage. The humanoid heal on Flayer Youngling means you can keep going forever, and a single battle won will get your carry enough hp to survive the Arcane Storm hit. Two battles are necessary for most flyers, although there's a couple that will probably require another one.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 11th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Knots wrote: This can be cut down to 7 rounds. If you use Arcane Storm instead of Tail Sweep to clean up Samm, it will do some damage to Archimedes in the background as well. Then Arch is low enough that you can use Chrominius and kill him in one move with Power Surge.
Indeed it does. Cutting down failure rate to < 5% (Failed 1 of 30 attempts)
Thanks much!!!

Robotusch

Post by Robotusch » January 12th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Swapped over to the Nexus Whelpling-Carry pet-Chrom for this round of power levelling, and I must admit it's been a heck of a lot smoother than the last time it was up.

I've levelled 49 pets so far spread over ~10 hours, which I find acceptable given that I've been slacking off a bit. I've only used the Safari Hat and the +25% treat (from the Fabled dailies), as I've been burning my Pet Charms on upgrade stones (I've had a -lot- of pets to upgrade) instead of the +50% treat.

My only beef is that despite buying Lil' XT yesterday (I forgot I hadn't bought him yet), Blizzard still haven't unlocked it for me. The same thing happened with Argi, but a friendly GM unlocked it then. This time, the message I got was that I had to wait for the payment to finish processing :(

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » January 12th, 2015, 2:28 pm

I recently finished leveling my 690th pet to 25 using, primarily, this daily to do the bulk of the leveling over 3 different occurrences. Having said that, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of how this fight goes. So, here is what I found to work best. If you get that crazy unlucky RNG where Jahan survives 2 Mana Surges, you can always restart or just adapt and follow through; it's still doable.

Nexus Whelp (P/P) 1-2-2
Chrominius (H/H) 1-1-2
Carry Pet
(note, mechanical and magic pets can be any level and survive, otherwise you need 300 hp or so..though, you can gamble and live with as low as 150 hp depending on the pet type and RNG).

1. Mana Surge #1
2. Mana Surge #2, Jahan dies 99% of the time (on very rare occasions, he will survive)
3. Mana Surge #3 - one of two scenarios below

~Samm lives
4. Arcane Storm - kill Samm and damage Archimedes
5. Swap Carry pet, absorb Wild Magic
6. Swap Chrominius
7. Surge of Power

~Samm died
4. Swap Carry pet, absorb Wild Magic
5. Swap Chrominius
6. Howl
7. Surge of Power

Robotusch

Post by Robotusch » January 12th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Mechanical pets should be able to survive anything, courtesy of their racial, but if you want to play it safe, the most they can be hit for is a 156 crit (them being strong against Arcane Storm negates the +50% crit damage).

Flyers need to be able to take a 351 strong crit, and they'll be fine.

Everyone else needs to be able to take a 234 crit.

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » January 15th, 2015, 6:26 am

I use the exact method Badpathing posted. Leveling all my pets revolves around this daily. For a level 1 that isnt mechanical or magic I have been doing random low level battles where my 25's can one shot them but will get my level 1 enough experience to get level 3. Some H/H pets only need level 2. Takes one battle and i switch to the next. I pool all my pet charms and just buy random level stone bags. A typical pet will go 1-3-12-17-21-24 with hat/25/50% treats. (This may be a bit off. Im going by memory) I then use a level stone for the last level rather than another battle.

Knots
Pet Score:9641
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Knots » January 15th, 2015, 11:56 am

NeverFinal wrote:I use the exact method Badpathing posted. Leveling all my pets revolves around this daily. For a level 1 that isnt mechanical or magic I have been doing random low level battles where my 25's can one shot them but will get my level 1 enough experience to get level 3. Some H/H pets only need level 2. Takes one battle and i switch to the next. I pool all my pet charms and just buy random level stone bags. A typical pet will go 1-3-12-17-21-24 with hat/25/50% treats. (This may be a bit off. Im going by memory) I then use a level stone for the last level rather than another battle.
IMO that leveling stone you use from 24->25 would be better spent getting a pet from level 1->2. An extra fight against the birds is a lot faster than leaving to go find a low level fight to get that first level. Any pet besides a flier can live through the non-crit arcane storm at level 2 (if a crit kills you just reset, it takes only a few seconds).

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 26th, 2015, 12:33 pm

I did a bit of this yesterday, to lead into today, but next time this comes around, I'm going to use Grubbles, et al, with the Lil' Bad Wolf/Iron Starlette Strat to take ALL my lvl 1 rares through one fight each.

That brings them to level 8, MORE than high enough to survive this fight, using the Nexus Whelpling/Chrominius Strat.

I leveled 20 or so pets to 8 yesterday, then this morning queued up 70 level 5+ rares into rematch. Then it was an hour of pure grinding until I fell back to sleep to catnap before work. Got four or five of those leveled to 25.

I'll continue with the queue tonight. I'm hoping to get through 10-20 of those queued up pets to 25 tonight.

Note, I do not have the Safari Hat (I'm at 39 trainers and need to figure out another to hit), nor do I use Pet Treats, since I use all my charms for upgrade stones.

Hope this helps people plan for two weeks from now!

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 26th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Make a Horde/Alliance toon, depending on where you got the first 39.
The first trainer you hit on the other side will be #40 and will grant you the hat.
Dont think you will need to level far, maybe lvl 7-10 or so (when I did it I had 90s on both sides so wasnt an issue).

My Belf refuses to wear, damn proud races.....

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 26th, 2015, 1:38 pm

I updated the initial post with the general consensus of best / fastest method.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » January 26th, 2015, 1:45 pm

The RNG on this fight is atrocious.

I've had numerous fights where Samm lives through both Mana Surge and Arcane Storm. As well as fights where Archimedes kills Chrominius before he can get off Surge of Power.

So. Much. Facepalm.

All I can do is laugh, though. Such is my luck. Lol.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 26th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Do you have a P/P Nexus Whelp?
Never had Jahan survive round 2, my problem was killing Samm in round 3 and messing up the order, but thats recoverable.
Other breeds of the whelp may fail to get Jahann sorted more often.