Over the top Dodging/misses?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Over the top Dodging/misses?

Post by Azmeaiel » December 4th, 2012, 7:48 am

Hello, has anyone noticed a increase in the ammount of dodges/misses in pet battles in the last 48 hours? i'm suddenly having issues in battles that before were quite easy with certain teams, to the point of having a strong pet of every type miss or be dodged untill they die even with regular moves. A few friends are noticing similar issues too. Anyone else out there notice this, or are suddenly having issues?

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: Over the top Dodging/misses?

Post by Misstic » December 4th, 2012, 8:05 am

Azmeaiel wrote:Hello, has anyone noticed a increase in the ammount of dodges/misses in pet battles in the last 48 hours? i'm suddenly having issues in battles that before were quite easy with certain teams, to the point of having a strong pet of every type miss or be dodged untill they die even with regular moves. A few friends are noticing similar issues too. Anyone else out there notice this, or are suddenly having issues?
OMG YES!!!! I was just telling my hubby about how many dodges/misses I am getting. I was griping how annoying it was. So yes I definitely noticed a HUGE increase.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 4th, 2012, 9:57 am

Absolutely! I thought it might have been just me and my terrible luck. It's quite frustrating. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 4th, 2012, 10:03 am

Absolutely. Procs also seem down as well. No way my mojo kiss hits his polymorph 25% of the time.

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » December 4th, 2012, 10:12 am

Same here. My miss % went way up last night.

Malanade
Top Rater
Pet Score:7203
BattleTag®:Malanade#1295
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Malanade » December 4th, 2012, 10:15 am

I've noticed that as well, even the NPCs have been missing more (which I'm not complaining too much on) but it's made my grinding the Pandarden Spirits to the point where I don't even want to bother...
If I don't miss I've noticed they're one shotting me more lately too. ._.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » December 4th, 2012, 10:31 am

Maybe we been fighting more epic and legendary pets and they have a higher "evade" chance ?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 4th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Avarre wrote:Maybe we been fighting more epic and legendary pets and they have a higher "evade" chance ?
That would be my guess too, but I experienced this while battling the wild pets in Twilight Highlands. It seems unlikely that a poor quality level 22 frog could dodge so much.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jestah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2501
Realm:Crushridge-us

Post by Jestah » December 4th, 2012, 2:34 pm

This is quite annoying! Especially when it costs you the fight. The one thing I have noticed though is that the ones that have been dodging a lot have been pets with high speed, or much higher speed than my current pet. Not sure if it is just coincidence..

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 4th, 2012, 3:04 pm

I was fighting Courageous Yon in Kun Lai Summit and his Flying pet hit my flying pet when MY PET was up in the air where I should be "unattackable." He was up in the air first, then I went up. He came down first while I was still in the air but hit me anyway, then I come down on him and miss. This happens THREE TIMES! I really think this is another lovely 5.1 bug. Is it just me or in 8 years of Wow is this the MOST buggy patch EVER??

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 4th, 2012, 3:06 pm

lol i was fighting the Pet Master in Kara Wilds i had all 3 pets alive and all that was left was his turtle. He dodged every attack, killed 2 of my pets and took my last to about 200hp before i killed him....oh heres the fun part he was at 127 hp the whole time.

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 4th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Misstic wrote:I was fighting Courageous Yon in Kun Lai Summit and his Flying pet hit my flying pet when MY PET was up in the air where I should be "unattackable." He was up in the air first, then I went up. He came down first while I was still in the air but hit me anyway, then I come down on him and miss. This happens THREE TIMES! I really think this is another lovely 5.1 bug. Is it just me or in 8 years of Wow is this the MOST buggy patch EVER??
Have to agree with ya there Misstic, this patch is just high levels of buggy.

Khevyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:10351
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Khevyn » December 4th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Misstic wrote:I was fighting Courageous Yon in Kun Lai Summit and his Flying pet hit my flying pet when MY PET was up in the air where I should be "unattackable." He was up in the air first, then I went up. He came down first while I was still in the air but hit me anyway, then I come down on him and miss.
This has been possible pre-5.1. Same is true of Burrow.

Seems if the pets are at the same altitude, their "unattackableness" goes away, which makes sense if you think about it. They only reason they are unattackable is that they are too high (or too low), and if both pets are "too high", then they can definitely hit each other. ;)

That said, I've noticed an abnormal amount of misses myself, and many misses that don't even say they miss, just the animation going off, but no floating text. The combat log does state that it missed, however. The level of many pets around the world seems to have gone up by one or two as well, I've noticed. Previous areas that were level 4 are now level 6, VotFW is now level 25 instead of 23/24, etc.

Fights that I'd previously been able to solo with my kitty (vs 3 critters, for example, Devour is OP), He now can only do half of it before he dies or has to be swapped out.

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » December 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm

yeh at first i thought it was the horrible RNG of fighting against the spirit tamers but then went and did some training and noticed it happening with pretty much everything from lv 10' wild pets and even the starter area trainers against my lv 25 pets, that if the numbers were right should have about 0 chances of constant dodges and misses.

Amaninblack
Pet Score:2279
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Amaninblack » December 4th, 2012, 3:54 pm

I hear Onyxia deep breathes more often this patch, too.

Nyrina4life
Pet Score:1788
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Nyrina4life » December 6th, 2012, 5:38 am

:lol: And here I thought it was just me! My luck is miss, miss, miss and trap or if a pet dies three more misses. Love my luck.
That and look, dodge, dodge... miss on my best attacks. It drives me nuts. But I have noticed that some of the pets are using level 20 abilities when they are level 19. The one trainer I faced in Winterspring, her one pet uses a level 20 ability, but is only level 19. It killed all 3 of my pets time and again!! :cry: :cry:

I hope they fix this, because it kind of kills the fun of battling.

Florencia

Post by Florencia » December 6th, 2012, 6:48 am

I've noticed it too while fighting against farmer nishi...not my pet doing missings but the other way, the worm keep missing on its burrows and it kind of messed up my power lvling quite a bit. Glad i managed to get used to it at the end..

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » December 8th, 2012, 8:05 am

These friggin' misses/dodges mess up my fight dynamics pretty badly :x Some powerful abilities that are supposed to kill the enemy pet are dodged, and that is so frustrating. I bet nothing was said about that in patch notes or in undocumented changes in the patch notes.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » December 8th, 2012, 10:31 am

I would be okay with all abilities hitting unless it is stated in the tooltip that it has a chance to miss, even the enemy pets. Alternately, they could tie speed and/or level of pet into the equation (if it is not already there) so that I know that using a fast pet would guarantee or at least increase my chances to hit. Cooldown abilities and ramp up ablities like whirlpool that take a few turns to hit should have a lower miss chance also. Things like lil deathwing's call darkness caused blinded that increases miss chance, which should be one of the only determining factors. It would speed up battles at least.

Maybe that is Blizzard's reasoning:
'increase miss/dodge chance, pet battles last longer, pet leveling takes longer, players sub longer, PROFIT!'
Just kidding.
mykro9#1585

Sunturion
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Sunturion » December 8th, 2012, 10:39 am

i've experienced the same thing, my rare upgraded Pet Bombling is borderline useless :(