Darkmoon Tamer

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Darkmoon Tamer

Post by Imthedci » December 3rd, 2012, 1:28 pm

Dear God does that Monkey hit for a lot. I swear the bananas that he drops are solid gold. That's the only explination I can see for them hitting for over 115 damage each time. :o Those things leave tons of scratches on my Cogblade Raptor... :oops:

I was elated when I finally downed the little bastard. Only took ten or so tries... :lol:

Wasn't as elated when the bag only gave me happy pet treats.

How'd you all fare against them?

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Darkmoon Tamer

Post by Zaelo » December 3rd, 2012, 1:42 pm

I forgot about that guy! Thanks for the reminder :D

I've beaten all the pandaren spirits every day since last Tuesday now, so hopefully I'll do fine against that rambo monkey hehe

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 3rd, 2012, 2:16 pm

The monkey can get bug and keep taking turns with out you going that's why it hits so hard.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 3rd, 2012, 2:17 pm

I do fairly well with Flayer Youngling(#4) + Fel Flame(#9) + Tranquil Mechanical Yeti(rare). I choose either a pet that does more damage against one of them, or one that takes less damage from one them, or both. And cover my rear end that way :)

Pitchblack
Pet Score:3907
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Pitchblack » December 3rd, 2012, 2:48 pm

I beat him on my first try with my Celestial Dragonling, Core Hound pup, and a rare Shrine fly. My dragonling was the only one that died, but he took out the eyeball first. :D Core hound hits like a truck, he killed the tonk in no time (got a burn crit for over 1k O.o). Then the shrine fly took out the monkey with no trouble at all. They all got a hug afterwards. XD

Bag had a couple bandages and a fetch ball in it, but now that I know I can beat them, I'll just keep trying til I get my eye.

Tennberg
Pet Score:2251
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Tennberg » December 3rd, 2012, 2:52 pm

The combo I have that worked best was: Grunty (against the monkey), Water Waveling (against the tonk), and Wild Crimson Hatchling (against the magic eye). It took me a few tries every day, but I finally got it each time. If my Hatchling's deep breath misses or Grunty gets stunned repeatedly by the monkey, I just forfeit and try again.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 3rd, 2012, 3:08 pm

I like opening with Lil Deathwing since I usually get the eye first; he takes out the eye even with the reduced damage debuff and I like him go as long as he can. Bring out Lil Ragnaros for the tonk, or Mini Thor for the monkey. Ragnaros does a number on the tonk with a buffed Conflagarate.

I assume most any combination of counter-pets makes it very easy. I usually barely use the 3rd pet.

Radnok
Pet Score:4023
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Radnok » December 3rd, 2012, 5:04 pm

Wynn wrote:The monkey can get bug and keep taking turns with out you going that's why it hits so hard.
That explains why he's so hard. It looked like I missed out on some attacks, and this explains it.

took me four tries for a bag of stale food and some biscuits. :-(
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2012, 10:56 pm

Wynn wrote:The monkey can get bug and keep taking turns with out you going that's why it hits so hard.
He has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. Not only can he bug out, he can straight up kick you out of the battle.

Ok, maybe not him specifically, but the battle just ended for no reason. No one won. There wasn't any reward. Just cut me off as I was battling the monkey. I had to restart the fight all over again. It can be a pretty buggy encounter. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 4th, 2012, 12:38 am

Down with the devil monkey!
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » December 4th, 2012, 8:12 am

I killed that nasty monkey a few times with my ando robo cub with 2k NON-crits several times ~_~ . tends to miss sometimes though lol .

Tolerant
Pet Score:2564
Realm:Gorefiend-us

Post by Tolerant » December 4th, 2012, 8:41 am

I Beat Jeremy Feasel <Master Pet Tamer> (Darkmoon Island) with:
Wild Crimson Hatchling (25) (Dragonkin) vs. Judgement (Magic)
Water Waveling (24) (Elemental) vs. Honky-Tonk (Mechanical)
Clockwork Gnome (25) (Mechanical) vs. Fezwick (Beast)

It did take a couple tries and a proper team.