Strategies for 2 Petting the Garrison Battle Bot Daily

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us
Strategies for 2 Petting the Garrison Battle Bot Daily

Post by Beastlyserenity » December 17th, 2014, 8:14 am

Hey guys,
This is my strat for 2 petting the Garrison daily with the 3 robots (Blingtron 4999b, etc).
It's pretty simple, but it takes around 5 min each round, so if anyone has a better strategy feel free to share!

What you will need
Lil Rag
2, 1, 2
Blossoming Ancient
2, 2, 2

Carry Pet (lvl 5+ is recommended for possible AOE)

Start with Lil rag, and Magma trap, then just spam magma wave till Lil rag is dead, and by that time most of the opposing team will be low on HP.
Then bring in Blossoming ancient, Sunlight, Photosynthesis, Spam Iron Bark, and refresh Sunlight and Photosynthesis as needed.

Right when the opposing Bot uses Ion cannon switch into your carry during the recharge, and switch back into Blossoming Ancient and continue.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Strategies for 2 Petting the Garrison Battle Bot Daily

Post by Jerebear » December 17th, 2014, 8:59 am

As an alternate:
Sapphire Cub (Pounce,Screech, whatever)
Electrified Razortooth (Rip, Blood in the Water, Devour)
Carry pet that can finish off the last guy with a 200-250 damage attack (won't take damage)

This is not a crit safe strat. In fact, if you crit the first enemy, it falls apart. So keep that in mind:

1st Bot:
Pounce spam (should take exactly 4x). As long as you don't crit him, he won't cast Armageddon.

2nd Bot:
Pounce once
Screech spam until sapphire cub is down
Bring in the Electrified Razortooth
Rip
Blood in the Water (puts mech in racial round)
Devour (kills 2nd mech

3rd Bot:
Devour continues the first round against this guy
Rip
Blood in the water
Try to devour but he'll Ion Cannon you

Bring in your carry pet. You now have two rounds to kill him whiel he is frozen from the Ion cannon. He is sub 250 health, so one hit to take him into the mechanical racial, and one round to finish him. There is a bleed ticking for 117, so that will help as well.

Again, this is not a crit safe strategy and it needs to be followed exactly.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 17th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Jerebear wrote:As an alternate:
Carry pet that can finish off the last guy with a 200-250 damage attack (won't take damage)

This is not a crit safe strat. In fact, if you crit the first enemy, it falls apart. So keep that in mind:

1st Bot:
Pounce spam (should take exactly 4x). As long as you don't crit him, he won't cast Armageddon.

2nd Bot:
Pounce once
Rip
Devour (kills 2nd mech

3rd Bot:
Rip
Blood in the water

Bring in your carry pet. You now have two rounds to kill him whiel he is frozen from the Ion cannon. He is sub 250 health, so one hit to take him into the mechanical racial, and one round to finish him. There is a bleed ticking for 117, so that will help as well.

thanks! i just got those this morning.....and the other strat was purchased pets only

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 17th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Critting did not cause the whole series to fail. Actaully the only real fail I had was the sapphire cub died to blington 4999 crit so the Razortooth didn't survive the second pet.

Everything went according to the layout most often and if I stayed focused I could finish a battle in about 2 minutes 10 seconds. 15th round was the normal finishing round. Though I am not great at grinding, after a while I tend to get easily distracted. At one point I even dropped Blingtron 5000 to see what my prize was there. This was done while I still had the pet food buffs going. :roll: (got nothing worth mention in case you were wondering)

I was able to level a pet that was as low as level 9, it was a beast type and so had some extra damage, probably wouldn't have lived had it taken any hits, since the bots are all good against Beast pets.

In 2 hours (both pet food and hat each hour) I leveled 13 pets ranging from level 9 to 14. That's an average of a little over 9 minutes per pet.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214

Post by Echinacea » December 17th, 2014, 7:34 pm

i got wiped a few times this morning with the standard beast vs critter attempts.....i got home and tried widget the departed, softshell snapling and sapphire cub.

all three went down easy

Vipers
Pet Score:3725
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vipers » December 17th, 2014, 9:51 pm

1 - Anything that can take at least 75% of bling's HP and survive his armageddon (zandalari raptors, sapphire cub, crabs, xu-fu, etc)
2 - Lil' Bad Wolf (S/S) 1-2-1
3 - carry pet (if your first dude couldn't kill bling before his explosion you'll need at least 300+ hp here)

I like to use raptors (Zandalari Anklerender/Footslasher [2-2-2] because they can kill blingtron in 3 turns without giving him the opportunity to explode, but they may die sometimes.

vs Blingtron
- Primal Cry > Black Claw/Exposed Wounds > Hunting party and he will die (you may die here sometimes if RNGesus hates you)

vs Protectron #1

- Immediately switch out to Lil' Bad Wolf. Protectron will use Reflective Shield this round, so you will take no damage (which is kinda important if RNGesus thinks you look funny when you are angry).
- Dodge > Howl > Claw > Claw** > Claw and he will die (**in case your claw hit him low twice it's possible that he will survive this second claw without activating his mechanical ability and hit you in the face with ion cannon, but if you have more than 900 hp left you will survive it)

vs Protectron #2
- Claw > Dodge > Howl > Claw > Claw (if he didn't activate his mechanical ability yet, use claw again, if he did pass the round and let he kill your wolf)
- Send in the carry pet (if your carry pet can do 300+ damage in two rounds, you can kill him, if not...) > immediately switch out to the first pet > Hunting party (if it's a raptor)

I didn't post it earlier because the strategy sometimes fail and I don't like posting something that can fail, but fuck it. YOLO. The speed compensates for the occasional fail.
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » December 17th, 2014, 11:24 pm

1st Bot:

2nd Bot:
Pounce once
Rip
Devour (kills 2nd mech

3rd Bot:
Rip
Blood in the water

This is so much faster than my Teroclaw Hatchling strategy! Teroclaw Hatchling wastes too many round on its defenses (the fight takes 21-25 turns). Thank you.

Shialnia
Pet Score:12116
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Shialnia » December 18th, 2014, 2:57 am

I was able to solo all three bots with a Ruby Droplet.

Ruby Droplet: Absorb, Bubble and Drain Blood.

start out with a bubble, spam absorb for the next two or even three rounds, drain blood.
Keep spamming absorb, use bubble and drain blood on cooldown. as an elemental, he takes reduced
damage from all their big hits making them very survivable as he'll be nearly full health or even at full
health when they use them if you're spamming the absorb and using drain blood.

Jestergl
Pet Score:2512

Post by Jestergl » December 18th, 2014, 10:39 am

I did it all with a Singing Sunflower. Sunlight, photosynthesis and whichever first spot attack you want.
I didnt try but a shale spider from deepholm with web and leech life would probably do the job too.

Vipers
Pet Score:3725
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vipers » January 1st, 2015, 12:48 pm

Kinda resurrecting the thread but for a good reason.

I didn't post this strategy last time because I thought it was somewhat unreliable depending on the RNG, but I used it again this week and it worked like a charm. Maybe someone else can make good use of it? IDK.

1 - Zandalari Anklerender [P/P](2-2-2)
2 - Lil' Bad Wolf [S/S](1-2-1)
3 - {carry pet}

vs Blingtron
- Primal Cry > Black Claw > Hunting Party

vs Protectron #1
- Switch out to lil' bad wolf
- Dodge > Howl > Swipe until Protectron is dead

vs Protectron #2
- Swipe > Dodge > Howl > Swipe until he activates his mechanical ability > Pass the round until he uses his Ion Cannon
- Send in the carry pet
- Send in the Zandalari Anklerender > Hunting Party
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

Ichebu
Pet Score:4998
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ichebu » January 1st, 2015, 3:59 pm

Ichebu's Strategy:

The Team
Teroclaw Hatchling (Rare) (1, 1, 2)
Teroclaw Hatchling (Rare) (1, 1, 2)
Carry Pet (level 5-6)

The main points that are needed
  • Maintain Nature's Ward for the Elemental Transformation, and use Hawk Eye when needed (especially to skip the ~30% Armageddon/Ion Cannon)
  • Swap in your carry pet after you have killed first Protectron, or after an Ion Cannon if luck is not on your side with the crits from Hawk Eye.
  • Carry pet should be level 5 or 6 in case an Armageddon slips through.
  • From level 6, using the Safari Hat and 2 pet treats this will take 5 fights to ~24.5, 6 fights to 25.
The "rotation/priority":

Blingtron 4999b
Lead with the first Teroclaw Hatchling
Use Nature's Ward, then Hawk Eye, then spam Claw until he's dead. Chances are it will take 3-4 rounds to kill him twice - it could potentially take 5 if the RNG gods hate you. Maintain Natures Ward buff - only let it drop if you have the speed buff to where you will be able to apply it again before the NPC attacks.

Protectron 022481
Continue with first Teroclaw Hatchling
Use Claw, then Nature's Ward, then Hawk Eye, then spam Claw. We do this order specifically to avoid the 2 rounds of Reflective Shield. If Ion Cannon is used against you at this point, do not kill him twice, use his 2 round recovery after Ion Cannon to swap your carry in and out. If you forget, no big deal, swap in/out the carry after this Protectron is killed the second time. If Ion Cannon kills your first Teroclaw Hatchling, no worries, just clean up with your second.

Protectron 011803
Swap in/out the carry if you have no done so yet. Otherwise, swap to your second Teroclaw Hatchling if he is not already out.
Use Nature's Ward, then Hawk Eye, then spam Claw. Maintain Nature's ward. Congrats, the fight is over.

I used these two Teroclaw Hatchlings, that I upgraded to rares, for about 45 minutes with a 100% win rate. Before that, I used 1 Teroclaw Hatchling with a Core Hound Pup (1, 1, 1) (which can also be used, since 1 Teroclaw Hatchling can pretty much solo this group). Take note, that if you use the Core Hound Pup, his dodge will negate the Reflective Shield. I was inspired by a YouTube video (can't post it, I don't have the post count yet) which showed a hatchling soloing the group - Once I'm able to post links on these forums, I'll make a video myself and show the exact method I use. Hope this helps someone!
Last edited by Ichebu on January 1st, 2015, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 1st, 2015, 5:09 pm

Vipers wrote:Kinda resurrecting the thread but for a good reason.

I didn't post this strategy last time because I thought it was somewhat unreliable depending on the RNG, but I used it again this week and it worked like a charm. Maybe someone else can make good use of it? IDK.

1 - Zandalari Anklerender [P/P](2-2-2)
2 - Lil' Bad Wolf [S/S](1-2-1)
3 - {carry pet}

vs Blingtron
- Primal Cry > Black Claw > Hunting Party

vs Protectron #1
- Switch out to lil' bad wolf
- Dodge > Howl > Swipe until Protectron is dead

vs Protectron #2
- Swipe > Dodge > Howl > Swipe until he activates his mechanical ability > Pass the round until he uses his Ion Cannon
- Send in the carry pet
- Send in the Zandalari Anklerender > Hunting Party
A decent strat for doing low level carry pets. One thing to watch out for: If the first enemy gets all of his Batters each time he uses it, your Zandalari can die prematurely.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Wavsite
MVP
Pet Score:8734
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Wavsite » January 1st, 2015, 5:28 pm

I came up with the following strategy, using several ideas above, to level ANY level carry pet (even a level 1). Also, I don't have the Electrified Razortooth yet, and I only have 1 Teroclaw Hatchling so far. :)

I've been using this for 2 hours (2 treats) worth of battles, and it's been great, with only 2 forfeits due to RNG / crits.

1 - Zandalari Anklerender (P/P) 2,2,2
2 - Teroclaw Hatchling (H/P) 1,2,2
3 - Carry Pet (any level)

vs Blingtron
Start with the Anklerender, do Primal Cry for the speed buff, then Black Claw and Hunting Party. Blingtron 4999b will die after the 2nd Hunting Party round.

vs Protrectron 022481
Switch to the Teroclaw Hatchling. Start with Nature's Ward, which also changes your type to Elemental so his attacks are weak against you.

Use Claw until the Protrectron is under 429 HP. If you get lucky with crits and he dies and mech rezzes from this, just Claw again to finish him. Otherwise, as soon as he's under 429, use Dodge to avoid his Ion Cannon. Refresh Nature's Ward while he's recovering, then Claw twice more to kill him.

vs Protrectron 011803
Start with Nature's Ward, then Claw and Dodge (or Dodge then Claw), depending on your own HP. The Dodge is important, to maintain your HP and keep that Flying racial speed buff going. If he gets you too low on HP, to where you lose the Flying speed buff, you will probably have to Forfeit.

If you're not leveling a pet, just keep using Claw to kill him.

But if you have a level pet, Claw until he's under 429 (even if he dies and mech rezzes). Then use Nature's Ward and take the Ion Cannon hit. Switch to the carry pet and back to the Teroclaw while the Protrectron's recovering, and finish him with 1 or 2 Claws.

Edited to update HP limit above and add:
This strategy takes about 20 rounds, or about 4 minutes. So I can usually use "Revive Battle Pets", without running back to the pet master, which saves a little back-and-forth, but it definitely takes longer than the Birds daily.

Alesis
Pet Score:2472
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Alesis » January 16th, 2015, 9:17 am

I'm trying to work out a good fast 2 pet strat for powerleveling this fight, haven't locked it down yet though. I will say that both the Molten Corgi and the Cinder Kitten decimate these guys.

Alesis
Pet Score:2472
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Alesis » January 16th, 2015, 10:38 am

Ok so here's what I've been using all morning to power level a lvl 3+ carry on these guys, 4 min fight.

Molten Corgi 1,2,1 (cauterize)
Cinder Kitten 2,2,1
Carry (lvl 3+ has to survive bling's suicide aoe)

Cinder Kitten opens
-Prowl - Leap - Rend - Rend (Bling kills self)

Protectron #1 comes in
-Leap - Rend (Kitten dies)
*sometimes kitten kills self on first rend hit but continues to hit from the ground after death, hardcore little guy*

Switch to Corgi
-Puppies - spam Bark till ion cannon hits you - Cauterize - spam Bark till protectron dies

Protectron #2 comes in
-Bark - Puppies - spam Bark till ion cannon hits you - Cauterize

Switch to Carry
(protectron is recovering do nothing)

Switch to Corgi
-spam Bark till he's dead

4 minutes. not too shabby, not as good by far as the birds, but solid for an off day. only thing that could screw it up that i've come across is a few unlucky crits could throw off the order.

If anyone has any ideas on how to streamline this any better please let me know. :D

NeverFinal
Pet Score:10986
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » January 16th, 2015, 12:10 pm

NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A FULL STRAT. TESTING TO BE ABLE TO USE LEVEL 1 PETS TO AVOID ARMAGEDDON.

Im working on a reliable strat to help level my pets while they are level 1.

Blingtron 4999b can be killed without him ever using Armageddon. To do this I used an B/B Alpine Foxling Kit.

Ive done Blingtron 20 times just testing this and casting Howl, then Bite, then Leap will kill him, he revives, then you can bite again and due to the speed boost from Leap he will die before being able to use Armageddon. Once the first Protectron came out the Fox Kit can sometimes get off a Howl/Bite combo and take a good chunk of its HP but dying in the process. This only happened about half the time though as usually only a Howl can be used before he dies the next round.

I tried this with an S/S Alpine Foxling but he died due to lower HP sometimes. Other times Blingtron would live with just a sliver of hp.

Tried it with a H/P Fjord Worg Pup thinking the higher HP and Power would be better as speed didnt matter until after Leap went off. Blingtron kept casting Armageddon during the Leap turn. Never happened while using the B/B Alpine Foxling Kit.

Other pets with similar builds may work but Im still testing. Now Im trying to figure out how to do the two Protectron with another pet.

I can use Blossoming Ancient to do it but its a long fight so I want to find something quicker.

I dont have Ruby Droplet or Molten Corgi available so I cant test them.

If you have a B/B Alpine Foxling Kit try using him against Blingtron.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 16th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Wavsite wrote:I came up with the following strategy, using several ideas above, to level ANY level carry pet (even a level 1). Also, I don't have the Electrified Razortooth yet, and I only have 1 Teroclaw Hatchling so far. :)

I've been using this for 2 hours (2 treats) worth of battles, and it's been great, with only 2 forfeits due to RNG / crits.

1 - Zandalari Anklerender (P/P) 2,2,2
2 - Teroclaw Hatchling (H/P) 1,2,2
3 - Carry Pet (any level)

vs Blingtron
Start with the Anklerender, do Primal Cry for the speed buff, then Black Claw and Hunting Party. Blingtron 4999b will die after the 2nd Hunting Party round.

vs Protrectron 022481
Switch to the Teroclaw Hatchling. Start with Nature's Ward, which also changes your type to Elemental so his attacks are weak against you.

Use Claw until the Protrectron is under 429 HP. If you get lucky with crits and he dies and mech rezzes from this, just Claw again to finish him. Otherwise, as soon as he's under 429, use Dodge to avoid his Ion Cannon. Refresh Nature's Ward while he's recovering, then Claw twice more to kill him.

vs Protrectron 011803
Start with Nature's Ward, then Claw and Dodge (or Dodge then Claw), depending on your own HP. The Dodge is important, to maintain your HP and keep that Flying racial speed buff going. If he gets you too low on HP, to where you lose the Flying speed buff, you will probably have to Forfeit.

If you're not leveling a pet, just keep using Claw to kill him.

But if you have a level pet, Claw until he's under 429 (even if he dies and mech rezzes). Then use Nature's Ward and take the Ion Cannon hit. Switch to the carry pet and back to the Teroclaw while the Protrectron's recovering, and finish him with 1 or 2 Claws.

Edited to update HP limit above and add:
This strategy takes about 20 rounds, or about 4 minutes. So I can usually use "Revive Battle Pets", without running back to the pet master, which saves a little back-and-forth, but it definitely takes longer than the Birds daily.
About 10% of the time, Bling kills my Anklerender, then uses Armageddon and lowers the health of my team, making it a lot more difficult to finish, if not impossible. That being said, I've been doing this for a few hours, and I think my average pet level has to have come up a bit.

This was the most attainable of the teams in the strategies presented, and I'm getting good at it. ;)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » January 31st, 2015, 11:53 am

1st Bot:

2nd Bot:
Pounce once
Rip
Devour (kills 2nd mech

3rd Bot:
Rip
Blood in the water

Thanks for this so much Jerebear, I've been leveling pets all morning :) It's only been a no-go maybe 3 times!