Maybe my RNG has been unlucky, but I found the SDH/MPD strategy unworkable. I had better luck with the strategy listed by Ofire on Cymre's Wohead page: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=83837/cymre- ... e#comments
"Anubisath Idol (1,1,1)
Mechanical Dragonling (1,2,2)
vs Idol of Decay
1. Deflection (unless he is around 200 hp, then he casts Dark Rebirth, so just crush, if once he has cast rebirth, prepare to Deflection) to block Rot
2. Sandstorm on CD
3. Crush as filler. Once he has dark rebirthed, just crush him until he is dead.
vs Wishbright Lantern
1. Cast Deflection if it is up, else use sandstorm.
2. Cast sandstorm if up, else just start spamming crush until your idol or he is dead, keep sandstorm on CD
3. Once your idol dies, bring in your carry pet, then instantly switch to Mechanical dragonling
4. hopefully one or 2 breaths will kill him, save thunderbolt and decoy for the last guy
1. Cast Decoy
2. cast thunderbolt
3. cast breath until you can thunderbolt him again(he might heal, just keep going)
4. Cast breath until he dies"
Anyway, just something else to try in case like me you had trouble. Also, I find Taralune really easy to handle with my Emerald Whelpling. She can usually solo that tamer but occasionally needs Emerald Proto-Whelp for backup.