Why isnt there a World PVP Pet Battle Tournament?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us
Why isnt there a World PVP Pet Battle Tournament?

Post by Beastlyserenity » December 16th, 2014, 5:10 am

The Celestial Tournament is an epic event for a PVE pet collector/pet battler.

However, what about the PVP Pet Battle Tournament?
I figure it could be held once a week like the Fishing contest and it would be either a single elimination or a double elimination style PVP Pet Battle tournament with some great exclusive rare prizes and titles for the top contestants of the week.

Fishing has this, why hasn't it been implemented for Pet Battles yet? Does anyone know the Twitter dev for pet battles?

Saikred
Top Rater
Pet Score:2978
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Re: Why isnt there a World PVP Pet Battle Tournament?

Post by Saikred » December 16th, 2014, 5:16 am

It's a good idea, but with I can imagine it being dominated by a few groups of very strong pets, and not seeing much variation unfortunately.

Not to say it won't work, or even that they don't have it planned
Would need a lot of work though, I don't really do pet PvP yet, I far prefer PvE :D
Collection: http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Saikred/
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/moonglade/Junara/simple

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » December 16th, 2014, 12:05 pm

I would LOVE them to add this feature to the game! One of the rules I can see being in place...You can't use the same pet more than once in a team. This would stop some of those cheesy pet comps you see in PvP!

It would be cool to have an area where Pet Battle folks can meet, and battle each other too. Like an arena, but just for Pet PvPers :)

I'm surprised how many people on the forums here, don't PvP and like the PvE elements of the Pet Battle system. PvE is good and all, but the system is made for PvP in my eyes, and people are missing out on what makes the Pet Battle system so much fun!

Anyway, I would love to see Blizzard add a World PvP Battle Tournament, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Blizzard is lazy, and they won't put the effort into making the Tournament :(

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » December 16th, 2014, 1:28 pm

There may not be enough people that enjoy doing PvP pet battles and I have not found many people that enjoy pet PvP. Even the 50% boost reward was not enough to make me keep trying pet battles PvP.

It is just reall unfun to me.

Beast_mast0r
Pet Score:3175
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Beast_mast0r » December 29th, 2014, 6:15 pm

You can always organize one, like in sc2. Set some rules: place, time, pet's allowed and possibly prizes and you are good to go :D

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » December 29th, 2014, 6:39 pm

I'd like to see a pet draft battle feature. Most battles are won or lost once you see your opponent's team if he/she plays them well. I'd like to see battle teams picked as part of the fight. i.e. You start a fight and pick one pet. You and your opponent see both pets. You both then pick a 2nd pet. You both see those pets. You both pick a 3rd pet. Then the fight starts.

It would give an advantage to people who have a deep stable of pets to choose from and can adapt to the pets out there. I'm not a huge PvP pet battle fan in part because you just see the same teams over and over.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » December 30th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Beast_mast0r wrote:You can always organize one, like in sc2. Set some rules: place, time, pet's allowed and possibly prizes and you are good to go :D
That would be a good idea! Grand prize could be gold or a rare pet maybe.