Ashlei Single Pet - Levelling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Saikred
Top Rater
Pet Score:2978
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Ashlei Single Pet - Levelling

Post by Saikred » December 8th, 2014, 7:08 am

Morning all, this is my first new thread on the forums, hopefully it's useful.
I did a quick search, but wasn't able to find anything which covered this.

Basically it's a strategy to consistently beat Ashlei in Draenor with a single pet, allowing you to level 2 other pets with the boatload of XP you get (it's enough to level a pet from 1 to 10 in a single fight)

Pets used:
Mini Mindslayer
Levelling Pet
Levelling Pet.

The setup you want with Mini Mindslayer (Mine is P/S, not sure how vital that is) is:
Mana Surge
Amplify Magic
Life Exchange

Strategy:
First off, cast Amplify Magic, for +50% damage for 2 rounds.
Ashleis pet will then cast Arcane Winds (I think), and do a little damage to you

Then cast Mana Surge, after the 3 rounds you should have killed her first pet (only once did this not happen in 10+ days trying).
She'll then put her Plushie into the game, at which point you want to cast Life Exchange.

This will almost fill up your health again, and as the plushie can't attack it's a free big heal.
When her next pet is switched in, you'll need to "Pass" as you'll be CD Locked, then
Next round cast Amplify Magic again
Then cast Mana Surge again, which will kill the pet in 3 rounds.

You can then wail on her with the levelling pets, and finish off as required.

=)
Last edited by Saikred on December 10th, 2014, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collection: http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Saikred/
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/moonglade/Junara/simple

Beast_mast0r
Pet Score:3175
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Re: Ashlei Single Pet - Levelling

Post by Beast_mast0r » December 8th, 2014, 9:18 am

MPD

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » December 8th, 2014, 9:47 am

Hi,

thx for this, sounds quick :)

one question:
is the exp divided to both lvl1 pets or do they get full exp?

thx
Rakrath

Saikred
Top Rater
Pet Score:2978
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Saikred » December 8th, 2014, 9:56 am

Rakrath wrote:Hi,

one question:

thx
Rakrath
Sorry I'm not 100% certain, I do know that with 2 levelling pets you can get one from level 1 to 10 using this method, but I haven't tried it with just one to see if they get extra.
I know that's not helpful, sorry

Also, with regards to the second poster, what is "MPD"?

Thanks
Saikred
Collection: http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Saikred/
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/moonglade/Junara/simple

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 8th, 2014, 10:47 am

Rakrath wrote:is the exp divided to both lvl1 pets or do they get full exp?
From what a friend and I have tested, exp is always split between two pets.

But it averages out to the same. Someone putting one pet on a team will level the same as someone leveling two pets per team. The first person will level one pet twice as fast; whereas the second will level two pets half as fast, but both people will level two pets in the same amount of time.

I often put two pets on a team, especially throughout old Outland where a two pet carry with an Emerald Proto-Whelp is a cake-walk.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 12:35 pm

MPD = Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, though how that relates to the OP I couldn't tell you.

As for the other, you've been answered (XP is split), but this trainer would be a great way to get those 23-24's to 25 without needing to run 4+ individual battles for each one. Of course you could also just buy levelling stones and finish them that way, too. But I find I have more 23's after capturing all the Draenor pets so I might have to try this.

Tigerrose
Pet Score:3830
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Tigerrose » December 8th, 2014, 12:56 pm

How the mechanical pandaren dragonling relates to this post is that you can also use it to level two pets while defeating Ashlei. Simply use Breath to defeat them all. Combined with Bombing Run for the extra dmg to quickly get rid of the third pet. Once the Elekk plushie is left you can swap in your two carry pets for them to get credit then finish off the Elekk with Breath.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Tigerrose wrote:How the mechanical pandaren dragonling relates to this post is that you can also use it to level two pets while defeating Ashlei. Simply use Breath to defeat them all. Combined with Bombing Run for the extra dmg to quickly get rid of the third pet. Once the Elekk plushie is left you can swap in your two carry pets for them to get credit then finish off the Elekk with Breath.
See, that is a much more useful response post than just an acronym. And it even fits in with the OP in that it describes the strat (granted it's simplified, but it's still more than just an acronym).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 8th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Saikred wrote:
Rakrath wrote:Hi,

one question:

thx
Rakrath
Sorry I'm not 100% certain, I do know that with 2 levelling pets you can get one from level 1 to 10 using this method, but I haven't tried it with just one to see if they get extra.
I know that's not helpful, sorry
If the two pets are the same level, it splits the experience between them equally. If they are different levels, the higher level of the two gets slightly less than 1/2 the exp while the lower level gets slightly higher than 1/2. I haven't figured out the exact equation for the "slightly" more or less parts, but it isn't linear as far as I can tell.

There's not really any huge time benefit to levelling 2 pets at once (if anything it is often times slower due to the fight itself). Though one reason to do it is you have two level 24 pets and you don't want to waste EXP on just one, you can split it between them.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829