Thoughts on Engineering Pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Thoughts on Engineering Pets?

Post by Abashera » December 8th, 2014, 2:36 am

I'm about to make the three new engineering pets. Any thoughts on which I should put priority to leveling? Has anyone tried any in battle?

Wilken
Pet Score:6748
BattleTag®:McNuggit#1470
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: Thoughts on Engineering Pets?

Post by Wilken » December 8th, 2014, 4:58 am

http://murlocharbor.com/an-awfully-big- ... hievement/

Recommends the scorpid for 2 petting, so I picked it up first.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 8th, 2014, 6:26 am

I ended up favoriting all of them (favorited pets mean they're either battle-worthy, or about to be leveled).

I like the move-sets on all three. It's just a matter of - is one any more useful than the rest?

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 8th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Careful though on the Mechanical Scorpid, the Murloc Harbor strat requires the breed 5 (aka S/S) version and there are 5 different breeds IIRC. I got the breeds 4x1, 7x2, and 11x2 IIRC out of the 5 I built :( Ended up having a great guildmate who doesn't pet battle sell me a 5 for 1k, and for the record it was after I told him why and what it was worth. And to top it all off it was the first scorpid he built... some guys have all the luck. I sold a 7 and and an 11 for 850g each and gave the others away to guildmates who are getting into pet battling just so they have them.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » December 8th, 2014, 4:30 pm

I would strongly recommend the Mechanical Scorpid. It is very unique pet. It has 4 unique utility moves. The Mechanical Scorpid has multiple move-sets that are viable.
It has a very defensive Extra-Plating + Blinding Poison combo. It has a strong support move with Black Claw, which I combine with Blinding Poison. It even has a RNG move-set that could work (Barbed, Puncture, Black Claw), although I haven't tried this.
I am a huge fan of S/S Mechanical Scorpid. It's a somewhat awkward pet to use though (overkill with Wind-Up versus Barbed Stinger), but I really like it. I am tempted to buy a P/P version of this pet (and possibly S/B).

I find Mechanical Axebeak interesting. It's a Flying pet with Decoy, which makes it unique. This pet can be (and probably will be) very useful. I would like this pet a lot more if it was Mechanical instead of Flying.

I have not tried the Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar, so I can't give any feedback.