My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Beave
 
Posts: 133
Joined: October 7th, 2014
Pet Score: 4259
Realm: Aerie Peak-US

2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Beave » December 4th, 2014, 2:26 pm

This is the garrison daily today and I have a good 2-pet strategy that you can use to quickly level a 3rd pet. The 3rd pet can be as low as lvl 1, but needs to be able to take 135dmg. The leveler does need to have a bit of a hp pool because I haven't found a way to completely shield him from attack. Manos always opens with mana storm which can do 100+ dmg to the back line pets if he gets lucky and crits, and he'll cast it a couple times. My approach blocks the 2nd cast so you can use a lvl 1 leveler. Without two mechanical dragonlings you'll probably need pets a few levels higher.

My team
Slot 1 - Leveler Pet
Slot 2 - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (breath, thunderbolt, decoy)
Slot 3 - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (breath, thunderbolt, decoy)
-or
Slot 3 - Any Dragonkin with with a strong dragonkin attack like breath, tail sweep, etc.

I've tested with both an Emerald Proto Whelp and a Nexus Whelpling in slot 3. I like my dual MPD's because I happen to have two of them and you never need the 3rd pet. With only one MPD and bad RNG you can possibly lose your two lvl 25's otherwise and be left with a leveler to play cleanup.

Battle Sequence:
Manos - Arcane Elemental #1
Start the fight with your leveler in slot 1. Manos will cast arcane storm. You can't avoid taking damage as it hits all pets, so this is when you want you leveler in. He can kill lvl 1's even on the back line.
Swap to MPD. Decoy. Breath. Breath.
Swap to your other MPD. Decoy. Breath. Thunderbolt if it will finish the job, otherwise Breath. You want to avoid another arcane storm if your leveler is about dead.

Fatos - Arcane Elemental #2
Fatos has an attack that can blind you partially for reduced accuracy and he goes invisible with 2 rounds of warning.
The first round of Fatos, keep whichever dragonling killed Manos in to absorb the blindness attack. It doesn't do a lot of damage, and helps make sure your decoys are spaced out for a future swap.
After absorbing the blindness attack, Swap. Decoy, Breathe.
Use thunderbolt when Fatos is invisible to do damage to the backline pet, then keep swapping and following that basic approach and you should plow through him. Be smart about getting in the last kill-shot on the Fatos. MPD are faster than the 2nd two pets, so if you have them on the ropes don't try to swap or cast decoy when you can land a killing blow.

Manos - Arcane Elemental #3
Manos has two damage skills and one that reduces your speed over time. The first attack is strong against mechanicals, the third slot attack is weak. He just randomly picks them after opening with the attack that reduces your speed over time. Try to have decoy up to catch that one, although it shouldn't matter. By this point you should have two dragonlings with a couple hundred health or more and a failsafe. Even if he gets lucky with a crit you should have enough health and decoys left to finish him off even if you lose one Dragonling. By this point the battle mechanics should be pretty obvious. You'll never need your leveler.

Alternative strat if you only have one MPD:
(I used Emerald Proto-Whelp with breath and ancient blessing)
Start with your leveler for one round for the Arcane Storm attack.
Swap to MPD. Cast Decoy. Breath until Manos is dead. You want to get to Manos killed before he can cast arcane storm again.
Swap to other Dragonkin after the first attack that causes blindness. Mash your strongest attack until MPD has one round of cooldown left on decoy. Manos has a round of invisibility, it's a good time to using a healing skill if you have one. Absorb the next blindness attack.
Swap back to MPD. Decoy, Breathe. Mix in Thunderbolt if you like.
Keep swapping until you can't because one pet dies. I only tried a few runs with alternate 3rd pets, but the strategy seems effective 75+% of the time. For Emerald Proto-Whelp specifically I found that ancient blessing was probably worth casting as the heals outweighed the damage taken. Emerald Dream was counterproductive.

Base this fight grants around 2500exp. You can get through it pretty fast, and with your safari hat and some pet treats you can really level a lot of lowbies pretty quickly.
Last edited by Beave on December 4th, 2014, 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Tekulve2012
 
Posts: 800
Joined: December 27th, 2012
Pet Score: 4376
BattleTag®: kingsfoiler#1479
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Tekulve2012 » December 4th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Hiya

I didn't have great luck with the combos here (my bad no doubt) so I went with:

Warbot -with mines missiles plating
MPD with breath thunder shock and decoy

Warbot plated tanks well enough ..it takes weak damages and hits well..you might even get to the third pet
Mpd ..decoy then breath

I didnt try leveling a pet but these 2 are great to take the trio out

User avatar
Abashera
 
Posts: 258
Joined: September 14th, 2013
Pet Score: 3114
Realm: Hyjal-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Abashera » December 4th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Because I don't have two Pandaren Dragonlings, I had to try a different strat. All the same, the Pandaren Dragonling totally kicks butt in this one! I can see two being able to do it.

...Especially with the second pet Hanos. You really need to be faster than him because he blinds you on his first move otherwise.

I beat him with H/H Blackfuse Bombling, Pandaren Dragonling, and P/P Iron Starlet. Blackfuse took care of the first pet nicely; but I was never able to get off an Explode on Hanos, due to being blinded. :(

User avatar
Lunathea
 
Posts: 4
Joined: November 20th, 2013
Pet Score: 3104
Realm: Laughing Skull-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Lunathea » December 4th, 2014, 9:00 pm

I have three Mech. Dragonlings but wanted to try something different, so my two pet combo is Mech Drag (I just make sure he has Breath and Decoy) & Emerald Protowhelp (Breath, Ancient Blessing and Emerald Dream). I start out with the pet I'm levelling, let him soak the arcane winds, then swap to Dragonling>decoy>breath until Manos is dead (Dragonling should still be alive). Then I swap to Emerald>Ancient Blessing>Emerald Dream> then I heal when needed (typically during his invis/accuracy reducation phases) , breath when I can. This can finish Fatos and Hanos. If my Emerald dies I just swap back to my Dragonling!

User avatar
Beave
 
Posts: 133
Joined: October 7th, 2014
Pet Score: 4259
Realm: Aerie Peak-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Beave » December 4th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I made a few minor edits to my first post. I'm not going to map out every move, but as I was leveling pets today I started to anticipate the blind move from Fatos and not swap until after it. It doesn't do a lot of damage, and waiting the extra round or two helps make sure decoy is ready to come off of cooldown. When he's invisible you want to use thunderbolt to do ~300dmg to the back line pet.

When I tested the one MPD strat I too used Emerald Proto-Whelp, and he did a great job as a 2nd pet too. It may take a try or two to figure out what the big hitter attacks are and how to avoid the blindness.

User avatar
Lunathea
 
Posts: 4
Joined: November 20th, 2013
Pet Score: 3104
Realm: Laughing Skull-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Lunathea » December 4th, 2014, 10:13 pm

When I tested the one MPD strat I too used Emerald Proto-Whelp, and he did a great job as a 2nd pet too. It may take a try or two to figure out what the big hitter attacks are and how to avoid the blindness.[/quote]

Yea, 2 Mech Dragons are definitely faster and more efficient, as well as less RNGy. I just kind of fell into a grove with the Whelp :)

Pandairi
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 2801
Realm: Aman'Thul-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Pandairi » December 4th, 2014, 10:20 pm

I don't have two MPDs, and hence i had to do MPD + another pet to try and 2 pet these three. I've tried many variations and i found Darkmoon Zeppelin to go best with these.

The only problem with this strat is if Manos does enough damage and force resurrection on MPD early this strat will not work.

MPD vs Manos:

1) Breath
Manos Arcane storm
2) Breath
Manos Mana Surge
3) Breath
Manos Mana Surge <--- If MPD goes into resurrection here, restart
4) Breath -> Manos Dies

Hanos comes out
1) Decoy
Hanos Flash (misses)
2) Breath
Hanos misses
3) Breath
Hanos casts Invisibility
4) Breath
Hanos uses Sneak Attack -> MPD dies and ressurects
5) Breath -> Hanos dies

Fatos comes out
1) Breath
Fatos uses Forboding Curse and proceeds to kill MPD regardless what you do

Bring out Darkmoon Zeppelin:
From here on cast decoy straight away and missle until explode range (<618HP)
Carry pet doesn't have to swap in as it is the last pet standing.

Edit: Carry pet will have to be able to survive one arcane storm in the backline

User avatar
Rendigar
MVP
 
Posts: 421
Joined: August 11th, 2013
Pet Score: 5059
Realm: Ysera-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 10:49 pm

I think every strat I've seen with the MPD is making the same assumption here. Your carry pet should plan to be able to take 2 arcane storms because if you do not get HIGH damage hits with breath every time you will not kill him before he casts the 2nd one. It's a good strategy, but if you are using a carry pet specifically here, save yourself some grief by making sure it's probably level 5-6 anyway (haven't done the math myself).

Pandairi
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 2801
Realm: Aman'Thul-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Pandairi » December 4th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Rendigar wrote:I think every strat I've seen with the MPD is making the same assumption here. Your carry pet should plan to be able to take 2 arcane storms because if you do not get HIGH damage hits with breath every time you will not kill him before he casts the 2nd one. It's a good strategy, but if you are using a carry pet specifically here, save yourself some grief by making sure it's probably level 5-6 anyway (haven't done the math myself).


Yep, and hence for my strat i avoided using decoy on the first pet to not have a second arcane storm. No other mechanical pets other than MPD makes it possible such that there will only be one arcane storm, and if you use a dragonkin for the first pet there will be problems 2 petting the whole fight.

User avatar
Rendigar
MVP
 
Posts: 421
Joined: August 11th, 2013
Pet Score: 5059
Realm: Ysera-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 11:13 pm

If you get all lows it takes 5 breaths to kill him, you'll still get 2 arcane storms, no matter if you use decoy or not. Your backline pet can suffer a max of 506 damage if a non-flyer and he gets 2 crits on it. That's your worst case scenario. Still with free heals it's not like it's a big deal - but I felt it worth pointing out that taking a level 1 thru this (especially a flyer) is likely as not because of RNG to not work so well.

User avatar
Rendigar
MVP
 
Posts: 421
Joined: August 11th, 2013
Pet Score: 5059
Realm: Ysera-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 11:32 pm

And with regards to the MPD + Zep combo, a couple useful things to note:

MPD open with Breaths until either Manos is dead OR you have him below 198 health. On the turn he is at <198 use Thunderbolt.

When you are then fighting the next pet (opening with Decoy to absorb the blind) you again breath until he is dead OR you have him down to 296 health, at which point you Thunderbolt.

This effectively stacks up to the equivalent of a free low breath on the 3rd pet before he even steps out - making it much simpler for the zep (since it's missles only do around 250).

It's not a must do, by any means, but it speeds things up by a round or two (depending on crits and the like).

Pandairi
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 2801
Realm: Aman'Thul-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Pandairi » December 4th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Rendigar wrote:If you get all lows it takes 5 breaths to kill him, you'll still get 2 arcane storms, no matter if you use decoy or not. Your backline pet can suffer a max of 506 damage if a non-flyer and he gets 2 crits on it. That's your worst case scenario. Still with free heals it's not like it's a big deal - but I felt it worth pointing out that taking a level 1 thru this (especially a flyer) is likely as not because of RNG to not work so well.


Yep you are right. My point was that the strat offers a higher possibility to bring a level one pet for this fight, whereas other strats (at least those that i have tried that uses one MPD) almost certainly brings it to a second arcane storm.

Rendigar wrote:And with regards to the MPD + Zep combo, a couple useful things to note:

MPD open with Breaths until either Manos is dead OR you have him below 198 health. On the turn he is at <198 use Thunderbolt.

When you are then fighting the next pet (opening with Decoy to absorb the blind) you again breath until he is dead OR you have him down to 296 health, at which point you Thunderbolt.

This effectively stacks up to the equivalent of a free low breath on the 3rd pet before he even steps out - making it much simpler for the zep (since it's missles only do around 250).

It's not a must do, by any means, but it speeds things up by a round or two (depending on crits and the like).


You make good points here! Well i'm quite lazy so i just end up smashing buttons and don't think so much about it. Definitely useful points for people using this pet rotation to level up pets quick!

User avatar
Beave
 
Posts: 133
Joined: October 7th, 2014
Pet Score: 4259
Realm: Aerie Peak-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Beave » December 5th, 2014, 12:28 am

The strategy I mapped out with two MPD only results in one arcane storm hitting your leveler. Even if you get low hits or choose to use thunderbolt to weaken the back line pets, you keep getting decoy up for arcane storm if you keep switching MPD's. At least through 3 casts.

Pandairi
 
Posts: 9
Joined: January 31st, 2013
Pet Score: 2801
Realm: Aman'Thul-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Pandairi » December 5th, 2014, 12:45 am

Beave wrote:The strategy I mapped out with two MPD only results in one arcane storm hitting your leveler. Even if you get low hits or choose to use thunderbolt to weaken the back line pets, you keep getting decoy up for arcane storm if you keep switching MPD's. At least through 3 casts.


That is if you have 2 MPDs, some people like me don't like to have duplicate pets =p

User avatar
Ichebu
 
Posts: 4
Joined: December 30th, 2014
Pet Score: 4329
Realm: Stormrage-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Ichebu » January 3rd, 2015, 7:17 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for the Guide - it has worked well today!

User avatar
Vipers
 
Posts: 19
Joined: January 25th, 2013
Pet Score: 3725
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Vipers » January 3rd, 2015, 8:29 pm

I started working on this strategy last week, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to perfect it. Now, with more time in hands, I would say it's pretty good, considering how annoying the magic racial can be.

It consists in abusing the advantage elementals have over negative weather effects and damaging heavily with dots. I tend to prefer fast and tight strategies over slower and more reliable alternatives, like using Mechanical Dragonling or [SS]Mechanical Scorpid.

1 - Fel Flame* [H/H] (2-2-2)
2 - {carry} (500+ health required)
3 - Ominous Flame [-](2-2-2)


*: I tried different breeds and also tried Searing Scorchling, they may work, but you will have to juggle those Flashes between your carry pet and whoever is in your first slot. Assuming you don't have the correct breed (like me last week) this strategy will be a lot more unreliable.

vs Manos
- Scorched Earth > Flame Breath > Immolation > Flame Breath

vs Hanos

- switch to carry pet (he needs to soak this flash)
- send in the Ominous Flame > Forboding Curse > Scorched Earth > Spiritfire Bolt

vs Fatos
- Forboding Curse > Spiritfire Bolt > Scorched Earth**

**: If the RNG kills Ominous here and fatos is still alive, just send in the Fel Flame and use Scorched Earth.

RNG, as always, can screw you over big time, but this is how blizzard likes it, I guess.
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

User avatar
Stormseeker
Top Rater
 
Posts: 60
Joined: September 19th, 2013
Pet Score: 4617
BattleTag®: Stormseeker#1145
Realm: Anvilmar-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Stormseeker » January 3rd, 2015, 11:33 pm

Vipers I can't say enough how much more i enjoy your strat than the MPD one. Lots faster and less rng of stupid breaths.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

User avatar
Puluz
 
Posts: 39
Joined: December 30th, 2009
Pet Score: 4363
Realm: Darksorrow-EU

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Puluz » January 4th, 2015, 11:12 am

another 2pet tactic, courtesy by my friend Darker, using S/S cogblade raptor and nexus whelping, 3rd pet midway leveling

1. Start with raptor, expose wounds
2. spam batter, refresh expose wounds on fresh enemy
3. Switch to Nexus whelpling, spam tail sweep.
4. Cleanse your debuff with sear magic when 3rd enemy enters. Spam tail sweep until dead.
5. Finish up with 3rd pet

User avatar
Papazol
 
Posts: 187
Joined: October 19th, 2012
Pet Score: 4904
Realm: Balnazzar-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Papazol » January 4th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Anub+scourged whelp. Anub gets first 2, whelp - last. Rude and faceroll.

User avatar
Alesis
 
Posts: 16
Joined: January 11th, 2015
Pet Score: 2472
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Postby Alesis » January 18th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Vipers wrote:I started working on this strategy last week, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to perfect it. Now, with more time in hands, I would say it's pretty good, considering how annoying the magic racial can be.

It consists in abusing the advantage elementals have over negative weather effects and damaging heavily with dots. I tend to prefer fast and tight strategies over slower and more reliable alternatives, like using Mechanical Dragonling or [SS]Mechanical Scorpid.

1 - Fel Flame* [H/H] (2-2-2)
2 - {carry} (500+ health required)
3 - Ominous Flame [-](2-2-2)


*: I tried different breeds and also tried Searing Scorchling, they may work, but you will have to juggle those Flashes between your carry pet and whoever is in your first slot. Assuming you don't have the correct breed (like me last week) this strategy will be a lot more unreliable.

vs Manos
- Scorched Earth > Flame Breath > Immolation > Flame Breath

vs Hanos

- switch to carry pet (he needs to soak this flash)
- send in the Ominous Flame > Forboding Curse > Scorched Earth > Spiritfire Bolt

vs Fatos
- Forboding Curse > Spiritfire Bolt > Scorched Earth**

**: If the RNG kills Ominous here and fatos is still alive, just send in the Fel Flame and use Scorched Earth.

RNG, as always, can screw you over big time, but this is how blizzard likes it, I guess.



Just tested this strat this morning, back to back fights for an hour (with biscuits), and i have to say its brilliant. 100% success rate, rng only threw me off hard once and i was able to down the last guy with my carry.

This strat is fast and easy, and makes this daily almost as good as the birds. I'm using this from now on.

Nice work! :D

Next

Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests