Stitches Jr - Two Pet Strat

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Stitches Jr - Two Pet Strat

Post by Abashera » December 3rd, 2014, 12:33 pm

Today's Scrappin' daily is Stitches Jr. I read through several strats on wowhead, and I decided to try my own thing. It turned out that I beat him with just two pets. My 2nd Strider died while the Carp was fighting, but I still had plenty of health on my Carp when I made the killing blow.

So if you feel up to it, give this a shot. And if it works for you, please vote up my comment on wowhead (JamesDevlin).

PETS

Pet 1) Eternal Strider - P/S (1-2-2)
Pet 2) Tiny White Carp (1-2-1)
Pet 3) (your choice)

STRATS

Strider: Pump > Cleansing Rain > Pump > Cleansing Rain whenever it's available.

Carp: Healing Wave > Dive > Water Jet until you can Healing Wave and Dive.

NOTES: Your third pet could easily get killed, so I recommend one with high health if you want it to survive. An Emerald Turtle might be a good choice. Or you could put an Unborn in first for Unholy Ascension, just for good measure; but I didn't really need her. Chrominius would be a good choice for last place as well, for some serious BURST, in case something goes wrong with the Carp.
Last edited by Abashera on December 4th, 2014, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Stitches Jr - Two Pet Strat

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2014, 10:28 pm

Just for the heck of it I tried this one out and it did not do well at all. He never had less than 1300 health after killing all 3. If your dive rolls low, if he crits on his big attack, you lose badly. Are you sure you didn't get a crit in there when you did it?

Also there is only 1 breed of aqua strider, but an eternal strider comes in P/S so that's what I used to test with.

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » December 4th, 2014, 5:37 am

I couldn't get him below 1.5k with these pets. tried 4 times with several hard hitters as 3rd pet. They were all near-dead when they got into play due to his cleave. Went easy-mode with valkyr, water spirit chrom after and killed it in 2 tries.

Zevira
Pet Score:3017
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Zevira » December 4th, 2014, 8:05 am

I used a nether faerie dragon to do life exchange twice in a row, finished up with a stider. I used an undead as third pet, in case the pet returning would finish my team off for a draw, but it wasn't the case.

Jaedia
Top Rater
Pet Score:7252
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Jaedia » December 4th, 2014, 9:11 am

Zevira wrote:I used a nether faerie dragon to do life exchange twice in a row, finished up with a stider. I used an undead as third pet, in case the pet returning would finish my team off for a draw, but it wasn't the case.
Perfect. I had the Unborn Valkyr with Curse of Doom and Unholy Ascension then Pandaren Water Spirit with Geyser and Whirlpool but struggled with a third to get him down enough before he killed my pets. Nether Faerie Dragon's Life Exchange did the job nicely! Just started off with it, then switched to Valkyr, then the Water Spirit, and back to Nether Faerie. Just threw out a Moonfire to finish him off. :)

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » December 4th, 2014, 10:45 am

Try using the [pet]Mini Mindslayer[/pet] in place of the [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet]... both have Life Exchange but the Mindslayer is Magic and can't lose more than 35% health on a hit.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 4th, 2014, 3:42 pm

since you cant realy tell when he will enrage i find it easy just using 3 striders, sometimes i win with 2, sometimes with 3 no real attack pattern to know how to avoid it. another great pet is stinker (517 dmg with scratch and can heal twice)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 4th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Well it worked like a charm for me, and I tried this after losing twice with three Striders and the Cleansing Rain, Pump method.

And Rendigar, yeah I meant Eternal Strider, hence the P/S.

Either way, I'll be trying my strat again next time Stiches stops by. But I'll likely put Chrominius in 3rd place; or I may try an H/H Blackfure Bombling EXPLODE! in first place just to hit him as hard as I can before my strider gets in there.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 4th, 2014, 8:22 pm

The bombling will only explode for 720'ish damage (assuming H/H) w/o the buff from Sunlight-type effects. Not really an efficient use of the slot, really. Better to have Life Exchange hit for 2k than just settle for a 1-hit 720.