The Celestial Family

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us
The Celestial Family

Post by Melfice » November 20th, 2014, 2:52 pm

We have four very cool pets, and I wanted to see who uses them for PvP and even PvE. More so on the PvP side, because I'm always looking for new teams/pets to use!

I was a slacker and took over a year before I won my first Celestial Tournament! That was a big mistake, but I do have two Celestial pets to date. Xu-Fu and Yu'la. I use Xu-Fu a lot in my Moonlight teams, and he is a blast indeed. I love how he does a huge amount of damage, and even has some heals. Xu-Fu is good for PvE but I don't really use him to grind pet leveling/Tamers tho.

Xu-Fu is a great addition to any Moonlight team, and I'm sure he can fit well in other setups too. I recommend this pet big time.

For Yu'la I got her two weeks ago, and she is lv 25 but I have not really used her yet. I am planning on running some teams with Yu'la, and I think she will be an awesome addition to my PvP teams. Other than that, I don't have any real feedback/exp with this pet yet. But in the near future I will, and I'll post my exp once I do.

Chi-Chi will most likely be my next pet, and Chi-Chi looks like she will be a very good battle pet for PvP for me! No feedback in this regards...because I don't have her yet. Anyone here can post their PvP exp so I can get an idea how Chi-Chi preforms.

Last but not least is little Zao, who I MIGHT get next instead of Chi-Chi. His moves looks very good for PvP, and I really think I'll love using him in the near future. Yeah, even tho I like the Chi-Chi model look better, I just think Zao will be a great little PvP battler!

Anyway, my topic is to get some good feedback on the Celestial Family pets, and who uses them for PvP (mainly), and PvE. Please post your exp with these awesome pets, and what setup/comps work best for them. For both PvP/PvE and thanks a lot for your time!

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: The Celestial Family

Post by Topaz » November 20th, 2014, 3:09 pm

I use chi-chi in most PVE battles where the opponent has strong beast pets (JvF, dr. ion goldbloom, gargra) Tranquility has no CD and Ethereal has 3 round CD so he rarely goes below the 50% hp and never losing its flyer buff

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » November 20th, 2014, 3:28 pm

I used Chi-Chi in a lot of different teams. It never was one of my favorite pets, but it is a nice pet to have. Here are some teams that I remember using (in the previous patch).

Wild magic in combination with multi turn attacks
Clockwork Gnome, Chi-Chi, Frosty
Clockwork Gnome, Chi-Chi, Mongoose Pup
Clockwork Gnome, Chi-Ch, Death Adder Hatchling
Unborn Val'Kyr, Rabbit, Chi-Chi

As a staller with tranquility and avoidance
Unborn Val'Kyr, Singing Sunflower, Chi-Chi
Chi-Chi, Magical Crawdad, Singing Sunflower

As a defensive pet with Feign Death, because free swaps can be annoying
Unborn Val'Kyr, Scalded Basilisk Hatchling, Chi-Chi
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling, Chi-Chi, Emperor Crab
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling, Chi-Chi, Jadefire Spirt
Chi-Chi, Crystal Spider, Ruby Droplet

Melfice
Top Rater

Post by Melfice » November 20th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! Good feedback on Tamers you use Chi-Chi on, Topaz :)

Awq, I like your team setups with Chi-Chi like Unborn Val'Kyr, Rabbit, Chi-Chi! I want to give this a try in two weeks. Yeah I'm going to get Chi-Chi next...sorry little Zao!

Also, like the idea of Chi-Chi, Magical Crawdad, Singing Sunflower as well. But the one setup I'm looking forward to the MOST is Clockwork Gnome, Chi-Chi, Frosty!!! I can see Wild Magic being a gem with all the multi turn attacks. Frosty is one of my favorite pets, and his Blistering Cold + Wild Magic should do a lot of damage...if the player does not swap out.

Oh, and Chi-Chi, Crystal Spider, Ruby Droplet looks like a lot of fun too haha. You have some good comps, and ideas Awq! Btw which of these setups were your favorite, and won you the most PvP battles?

Thanks again for the feedback all! I'm going to use Chi-Chi on the Tamers you listed, Topaz. I will have her in two more weeks.

Awq

Post by Awq » November 21st, 2014, 4:44 pm

Melfice wrote:You have some good comps, and ideas Awq! Btw which of these setups were your favorite, and won you the most PvP battles?
I couldn't remember the teams in detail, so I checked my spreadsheet.

I did not use Chi-Chi a lot. I do not like the flying racial on any pet, I find it awkward to use. I try to avoid flying pets. I prefer Sen'Jin Fetish and Corefire Imp as Wild Magic setters*. Chi-Chi is a strong Wild Magic setter though!
*This does not include Kovok.

My highest win teams were (in this order):
Unborn Val'Kyr, Rabbit, Chi-Chi (with Tranquility)
Unborn Val'Kyr, Death Adder Hatchling, Chi-Chi (with Tranquility)
Clockwork Gnome, Frosty, Chi-Chi (with Wild Magic)
Unborn Val'Kyr, Rabbit, Chi-Chi (with Wild Magic)
Darkmoon Tonk, Fiendish Imp, Chi-Chi (with Wild Magic)

While all these teams had 80%+ winrate, they performed worse than some of my other teams.
If I changed my Frosty team to a defensive team (with Touch of Animus instead of Wild Magic) I won a lot more.
If I changed the passive avoidance into other types of avoidance my winrate went up (Unborn Val'Kyr).

While I did use a Crystal Spider, I switched to a Venomspitter Hatchling (H/H) later on. This spider made the team more versatile (easier Feign Death swaps). I would say that this is my favorite Chi-Chi team. It just felt so rewarding to trap an opponent into taking a Wild Magic + Spiderling Swarm combo. No pet could replace Chi-Chi in this team, although the winrate was quite a bit lower.

Do not get me wrong. I like Chi-Chi as a pet and I've seen it used effectively against me. While it isn't a pet that I love,
I would still recommend Chi-Chi to anyone. It is a unique pet that gives you lots of options!

Melfice
Top Rater

Post by Melfice » November 21st, 2014, 5:42 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Can't wait to give a few of your comps a try soon. I'll log and see how well I do next month. I'll have Chi-Chi on December 2nd, and I'll level her up that day to test out.

Oh, and going back to my Moonlight team. I really love using Celestial Dragon, Xu-Fu and Infected Squirrel. Last night I had three matches, first one I lost. It had too many counters, and weather changes (since I only have moonlight on my dragon). I was unable to get things going smoothly during the match.

The second was a Lil' Bling, Lil' Rag and a new Junglebeak. Rain Dance was tough, but I was able to win the match. But I was on the ropes most of the time. Then I reque and I got the same dude. But I changed things up a bit. I healed early, and saved moonlight for Lil' Rag. I was beating Lil' Bling, then he swapped to Lil' Rag, and my Celestial Dragon took him out easy.

After that, the guy quit the match and I won haha. I love how you have to adjust during PvP, and a small mistake will cost you.

I love my moonlight team, but only having one pet to cast moonlight can be an issue. Good times nonetheless and I'm going to start a new moonlight comp with Moon Moon and NFD with Sprout. See how that comps does, but I like the Infected Squirrel being on my team tho

Melfice
Top Rater

Post by Melfice » November 24th, 2014, 5:02 pm

I'm starting to PvP with Yu'la now, and I'll post how she does soon.

Here is a comp I plan on using with Yu'la soon:

Fossilized Hatchling
Yu’la
H/H Spirit Crab

A bit undead heavy, but it will take a while for people to beat these pets. It should be a fun team, and I hope to win some matches with it.

Yu’La
H/H Spirit Crab
P/P Ravager Hatchling - Yu'la will protect the Ravager to tear teams apart! Or that's the plan at least

Also, I'm building a comp with Yu'la to use Grommloc.

First team was ok but I need to counter all the Unborn I face.

Yu'la
Grommloc
S/S Prairie Mouse/Spring Rabbit

Awq

Post by Awq » November 26th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Can't wait to give a few of your comps a try soon. I'll log and see how well I do next month. I'll have Chi-Chi on December 2nd, and I'll level her up that day to test out.
Np. I had fun dusting up old Chi-Chi teams. Chi-Chi gave me quite some wins throughout the weekend (although the relative team strength has changed).
I love my moonlight team, but only having one pet to cast moonlight can be an issue. Good times nonetheless and I'm going to start a new moonlight comp with Moon Moon and NFD with Sprout. See how that comps does, but I like the Infected Squirrel being on my team tho
Moonlight is a lot of fun! Have fun experimenting.
If you have the spare time, remember Cursed Birman as a potential Moonlight user :D
I'm starting to PvP with Yu'la now, and I'll post how she does soon.
I love Yu'La. Celestial Blessing makes a lot of pets (with weak defenses) stronger!

I've read in another thread that you are debating between Lift-Off and Life Exchange. Both can work. For AoE teams I would recommend Lift-Off, for other teams it is more situational.