WoD daily pet battle routes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Leaderavia
Pet Score:12060
Realm:Sargeras-us
WoD daily pet battle routes

Post by Leaderavia » November 17th, 2014, 12:14 am

i'm asking specifically for alliance, but feel free to chime in for horde as well. what is the route you take to get all the WoD tamers done with the least amount of travel? do you set your hearth in a specific place? right now, i'm going from smv>spires>talador>gorgrond>nagrand>ffr. but that travel time from the nearest fp to ring of blood to tarr and then taking an azure strider across the water into ffr is taking a huge amount of time. i was wondering if anyone has been able to streamline that part better. maybe gorgrond to the east alliance fp of ffr?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: WoD daily pet battle routes

Post by Jerebear » November 17th, 2014, 8:35 am

If you are doing this to quickly level pets, then I suggest still using the MoP tamer circuit for that. Aside from Ashlei, all of the other WoD tamers give the same EXP as the MoP tamers do and you can still use flying in Pandaria.

If you are just doing them to get the bags, I'll have to practice routes to see, but perhaps maybe someone else has a good route.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 17th, 2014, 9:19 am

I had the quickest time as Horde by starting at the Garrison, doing FFR -> Gorgrond -> Talador -> Spires -> SMV, Garrison Hearth -> Nagrand. I'd conjecture that the fastest path for Alliance would be SMV -> Spires -> Nagrand, Garrison Hearth -> Talador -> Gorgrond -> FFR, but I didn't get a chance to time paths Alliance-side. Like Jere said, both are relatively inefficient for leveling purposes, but this seems the fastest path to bang out that Menagerie daily. & of course, if you have the Mage Tower, all bets are off.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Leaderavia
Pet Score:12060
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Leaderavia » November 17th, 2014, 10:27 am

it's just for the pet charmer achieve, not leveling pets. and if i use my garrison hearth in the middle, wouldn't it still be on cd when i'm trying to get out of ffr? D: i guess there's no way for that part not to be time-consuming.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 17th, 2014, 10:44 am

Yeah. I use my regular hearth on the last one, because by then I tend to have a ton of fish, herbs, etc in my bags. In that vein, there are a lot of additional semi-side quests you can do along the way too, like the Stables taming quests, gathering random stuff for your LM/Barn, etc. I don't think pure pet-focused efficiency is the key here, but organizing all the activities you need to perform on a semi-regular basis to make the whole trek worthwhile.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/