Yet Another Warlords Of Draenor Strats Post!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us
Yet Another Warlords Of Draenor Strats Post!

Post by Liopleurodon » November 14th, 2014, 10:26 am

There are a lot of new fights on this old world. Some are straightforward, like the battles we've grown to know & love. Some take us through our Garrison's Menagerie. Others have us diving deep through old content in new & dynamic ways.

The most accessible to your average player is the series of 6 new tamers sprinkled throughout Draenor. Some are more difficult than others, and some are harder to find than others (which is why I've mocked up a handy map). If you're fighting server lag, I highly recommend you do these, because they offer a double whammy of 10K-ish player XP from the fight plus an additional 13K from the quest. You're also not going to have to fight that jerk in the yak standing on the quest NPC.

The reward for those fights is pet charms, which you can turn in at your Menagerie. The Menagerie is central to your Draenor experience, not just for pet battling. A majority of the new pet battling challenges lie within the Menagerie's ring, after a quick defeat of 3 Pests (Gnawface, Gorefu & Carrotus Maximus) around your Garrison. The Menagerie's battles vary wildly, from 1 opponent to 3, and with a whole bunch of wild gimmicks to boot.

Lastly is the Awfully Big Adventure achievement, which pits you against 44 fights, dragging along your Elekk Plushie. Your Elekk Plushie's attacks are all imaginary, making for quite the challenge in some spots. The reward, a little imaginary elephant, is a middling battler. Make no mistake, this one is all about the prestige.

I also created a post detailing all the new systems changes to expect. To that post, I also included a youtube playlist with previews of a wide array of Draenor pets. If you only watch one, make it the one about the Frostwolf Pup. That tiny dog is bananas. This page also has links to all the posts above, to make an easy bookmark should you be so inclined.

Thanks for reading, & Welcome to Draenor!
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Yet Another Warlords Of Draenor Strats Post!

Post by Abashera » December 17th, 2014, 6:42 pm

I have this bookmarked, and I refer to it whenever I have to open the Menagerie on a new level 100 toon.

One thing I thought I'd say about these fights: They give very crappy leveling experience!

I put my lvl 24 P/B Gilnean in rather than my lvl 25 S/S, because I thought he'd finish leveling seeing he was already about a quarter of the way up the experience bar. His exp. bar barely moved! Even wearing my Safari Hat, he only gained a total of 218 experience.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Yet Another Warlords Of Draenor Strats Post!

Post by Rendigar » December 18th, 2014, 8:39 am

Check Jerebear's post in the guide section for the details. Many garrison fights give very good XP - you just have to know what to look for. If you are clicking on the post and it's a 3 pet battle it's well worth doing (and some can be power-grinded in very short time, especially with the free heal nearby between fights). But if it's a single legendary pet, yes the XP is terrible, just as it is for the Beasts of Fable in Pandaria.