My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lightening

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Arrianya
 
Posts: 2
Joined: October 23rd, 2014
Pet Score: 2314
Realm: Moonglade-EU

Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lightening

Postby Arrianya » October 23rd, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi everyone!
I have a few questions about the combination of these abilities
1: I heard that the Uncanny Luck + Moth Balls combination was bugged and did not work. Is this true, and if so, has the bug been fixed yet?

2: Does the total additional dmg from Lightening Storm apply to each attack or each round? For example: If the Storm says "Does 16 additional dmg" and the Moth Ball hits 4 times, does it then do 4, 4, 4, 4 extra dmg, for a total of 16 extra dmg, or does it do, 16, 16, 16, 16 extra dmg for a total of 64 extra dmg?

3: Does any other pets have an ability that is similar to Uncanny Luck?

4: What do you guys think about this triple combo. Are there other, even more efficient abilities to combine with these? I heard about an ability called Tympanic Tantrum?

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3576
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Postby Luciandk » October 23rd, 2014, 8:00 am

The damage of Call Lightning is added to each hit, so it really shines with multihit attacks. Im just 4 pets shorts of getting Stormwing, as it packs Call Lightning, Flock and Quills. Flock is a stampede type move with 3 hits per round, as well double damage debuff. Call Lightning will be added to each hit, then doubled once the debuff kicks in.

User avatar
Klaital
 
Posts: 204
Joined: August 24th, 2014
Pet Score: 4169
Realm: The Sha'tar-EU

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Postby Klaital » October 23rd, 2014, 8:04 am

Hit chance modifiers (both positive and negative) only apply to the first hit of any multi hit attacks, the rest use their default hit chance, so for example with moth balls, the +hit chance from uncanny luck would only apply to the first ball, the other three use their default hit chance of 50%, this goes other way too, like if your pet is affected by blinding poison (-100% hit chance) that also would only make the first ball miss, the other three would have the regular 50% hit chance once again.

User avatar
Jerebear
 
Posts: 999
Joined: September 15th, 2013
Pet Score: 4623
Realm: Llane-US

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Postby Jerebear » October 23rd, 2014, 4:32 pm

Arrianya wrote:Hi everyone!
I have a few questions about the combination of these abilities
1: I heard that the Uncanny Luck + Moth Balls combination was bugged and did not work. Is this true, and if so, has the bug been fixed yet?

The reasoning for this was described above. However, this is not a bug. It's intentional. It used to affect all hits, but was change specifically to counter the type of scenario you described.

Arrianya wrote:3: Does any other pets have an ability that is similar to Uncanny Luck?

Lots of pets do, though in different forms and not all are exactly the same. Nimbus provides 20% hit for 9 rounds, Rain dance provides 50% hit and crit for 2. If you use some of the search tools here a lot of pets do have this type of buff.

Arrianya wrote:4: What do you guys think about this triple combo. Are there other, even more efficient abilities to combine with these? I heard about an ability called Tympanic Tantrum?
Look for lil XT or landro's XT for Tympanic Tantrum.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

User avatar
Kpb321
 
Posts: 938
Joined: April 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 3924
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Postby Kpb321 » October 23rd, 2014, 5:00 pm

Stormwing looks absolutely brutal against beasts. Call lighting will hit fairly hard to start off with and flock will destory them with multiple call lighting procs and the debuff. On top of that they will be taking reduced damage from beast attacks.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Questions about Moth Balls + Uncanny Luck + Call Lighten

Postby Hootstwo » October 23rd, 2014, 5:42 pm

Klaital wrote:Hit chance modifiers (both positive and negative) only apply to the first hit of any multi hit attacks, the rest use their default hit chance, so for example with moth balls, the +hit chance from uncanny luck would only apply to the first ball, the other three use their default hit chance of 50%, this goes other way too, like if your pet is affected by blinding poison (-100% hit chance) that also would only make the first ball miss, the other three would have the regular 50% hit chance once again.


Wow, this is great to know. As soon as you mention this it makes total sense, but I've never read this before (that I recall).


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests