New WoD tamers and how to beat them with only two pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: New WoD tamers and how to beat them with only two pets

Post by Jerebear » October 24th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Ryazan wrote: And to Merana, I checked Tarr, both Murkalot and Deathy actually have 260 speed in the beta. So Wowhead might have some outdated data in this case.
In the last few weeks they made a change to tamer pet stats. A lot of pets lost/gain some stats in trade for others. For example, Cymre's pets lost speed and traded it for more health. Perhaps wowhead isn't up to date?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 25th, 2014, 1:05 am

Jerebear wrote:In the last few weeks they made a change to tamer pet stats. A lot of pets lost/gain some stats in trade for others. For example, Cymre's pets lost speed and traded it for more health. Perhaps wowhead isn't up to date?
Yup, I noticed that as well since Rot from Cymre's Idol hit less than I had used to. So I'm guessing WH hasn't reflected the changes yet which I find somewhat odd as they are usually decently up-to-date on things.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 25th, 2014, 8:29 am

For Cymre, a S/S Flayer Youngling and Mechanical Scorpid (a Draenor pet) work so magnificently that you can easily level with this as evidenced here; [url=http://murlocharbor.com/2014/10/24/an-awfully-big-adventure-cymre-brightblade-alternate-strategy/]Murloc Harbor's Cymre Brightblade 2 Pet strategy[/url]

I put up a permanent page for the achievement here: [url=http://murlocharbor.com/an-awfully-big-adventure-elekk-plushie-achievement/]Murloc Harbor's An Awfully Big Adventure[/url] that has strats for all 44 Tamers.

I'm considering still doing videos for the ones with more scripted moves. Some of the Celestial Tournament Tamers are very particular, but it's been a blast figuring out how to do them with only 2!

Also, Trunks is adorable! [url=https://twitter.com/jen_sketch/status/519656591058935808]Got Trunks Oct 7th[/url]
Last edited by Chibimage on October 26th, 2014, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Wolfson » October 25th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Just out of curiosity, Chibimage, is that video supposed to have sound? Otherwise, great work. Really looking forward to trying these strats out.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 26th, 2014, 3:39 am

Wolfson wrote:Just out of curiosity, Chibimage, is that video supposed to have sound? Otherwise, great work. Really looking forward to trying these strats out.
Make sure that you have sound enabled for it, I haven't checked that particular video, but lately I have had lot of issues with youtube videos being muted by default for some weird reason and having had to enable the sound in them manually.

Wolfson
Pet Score:9340
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Wolfson » October 26th, 2014, 6:30 am

Klaital wrote:
Wolfson wrote:Just out of curiosity, Chibimage, is that video supposed to have sound? Otherwise, great work. Really looking forward to trying these strats out.
Make sure that you have sound enabled for it, I haven't checked that particular video, but lately I have had lot of issues with youtube videos being muted by default for some weird reason and having had to enable the sound in them manually.
I've been watching Youtube videos all day; believe me, my sound is working fine. :)

The video uploader (I assume it's Chibimage) responded to my comment on Youtube about lack of sound and agreed that it had been lost somewhere during upload.

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 26th, 2014, 3:48 pm

Chibimage wrote:For Cymre, a S/S Flayer Youngling and Mechanical Scorpid (a Draenor pet) work so magnificently that you can easily level with this as evidenced here; Murloc Harbor's Cymre Brightblade 2 Pet strategy

I put up a permanent page for the achievement here: Murloc Harbor's An Awfully Big Adventure that has strats for all 44 Tamers.
The second link has a typo on its url but no biggie. Keep those videos coming! ( ^_^)_b

Anyhow, I finally had the time to update my Taralune tactic. I just appended the second one after the first. :p

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » October 26th, 2014, 6:12 pm

I'm interested to know how it managed to get a typo in the link -- as I simply cut and paste it here :/

That's fascinating to me! I will go edit it. Let's hope it stays put this time.

Leaderavia
Pet Score:12060
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Leaderavia » October 26th, 2014, 11:45 pm

thank you for making your guides so easy to follow with clearly separated steps and consistent structure. i tested them all today with great results. cymre was a bit iffy though it ultimately works. i'd try out chibi's combo if my beta character was progressed enough to make the new scorpid. if that ends up easier, i will eventually switch combos, but for now, your guide has helped me get ready all the pets that i need for this achievement.

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 27th, 2014, 1:21 am

Leaderavia wrote:thank you for making your guides so easy to follow with clearly separated steps and consistent structure. i tested them all today with great results. cymre was a bit iffy though it ultimately works. i'd try out chibi's combo if my beta character was progressed enough to make the new scorpid. if that ends up easier, i will eventually switch combos, but for now, your guide has helped me get ready all the pets that i need for this achievement.
You're welcome. I have spent quite some time to write (and format) them so it's always nice to see they are useful to others. :)

And yeah, while my Cymre tactic is rather solid, it's far from simple (doesn't help others if I know it pretty much by heart :). chibi's tactic is definitely more streamlined and it works well. The difference is that his tactic doesn't (currently) seem to have a support for using a lowbie for experience - correct me if I'm mistaken though. :)

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » October 27th, 2014, 7:57 am

If you're using an Elekk Plushie, you can use a lowbie for experience. Cymre doesn't do AOE dmg, you can even use a level 1.

edit; just did it on the beta with a level 1 pet switched out after the Mech Scorpid dies. Worked like a charm.

http://i.imgur.com/kiN9igB.jpg <--- can see here.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » October 27th, 2014, 3:40 pm

I'm working on 2 pet strategys since these tamers made it into the Beta and I keep the Youtube videos (no voice explanation but I try to add strategy texts to all my vids until release) updated when it's necessary or I figure out something more effcient...

For the tamer dailys (you can use Level 1 pets in alle fights) you find my playlist here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsn3zo72l3Rl7eevzsaa7YTmhvwv15f5P

I took a long time for Blizzard to do something about the Wishbright Lantern bug in the Cymre Brightblade fight and I don't think it's fixed, but we won't see it happen because Lantern doesn't use Wish in it's first round followed by Illuminate.

The Flayer Youngling & Mechanical Scorpid thing looks interesting too, but I don't like the fact that it needs both pets with a specific (their fastest) breed. And to be honest, I wasn't aware of this potential stun to stop a Repair heal and it makes me sad. Not only does it feel completely wrong that this pet can't perform actions for two rounds and then the result *poff* vanishs into thin air... for me this one begs for a fix and not to be a hint from a developer. If this is intended... why you can't stun a Wish heal?

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 28th, 2014, 12:06 am

Flohsakk wrote:If this is intended... why you can't stun a Wish heal?
Probably because Wish isn't a "channeled" spell, it's just a buff applied to the team. I think casting Repair could be parallelized with a player casting heal.

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » October 28th, 2014, 7:41 am

Ryazan wrote:Probably because Wish isn't a "channeled" spell, it's just a buff applied to the team. I think casting Repair could be parallelized with a player casting heal.
Thanks, but I wasn't asking for the technical reasons exactly :-)

For me it feels weird, that you can get rid of the heal effect with a stun or similar effect (forced pet swap?) when the casting pet is already forced to idle for two rounds. At least your pet can perform actions again if it is stunned in the first idle round even if the Repairing icon is still there and saying it can not ;-)

For me it would make sense, if...
  • There is absolutely no possibility to stun Repairing (not [ability]Repair[/ability]), the heal will be applied to the casting pet in idle round 2 depending on pet's speed. (I prefer this one, I'm thinking of a robot stopping all actions, starting an internal repair, taking all the damage on the outside and the only way to stop the "heal" is to kill the robot while it's doing this... of course then Repairing should be removed by Failsafe)
  • You can stun Repairing in idle round 1 and the enemy pet can perform actions again, if you don't do something in idle round 1, Reparing is replaced by a pet specific aura, the caster still can't perform any actions in idle round 2 but the heal effect will be there, no matter if the pet is stunned, swapped to back line or whatever.
  • other stuff (like the Wish heal) can be stunned too

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » October 31st, 2014, 9:28 pm

Blingtron 4000... maybe faster without Shale Hatchlings http://youtu.be/4TDuY-4Muy8

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 1st, 2014, 12:32 pm

Flohsakk wrote:Blingtron 4000... maybe faster without Shale Hatchlings http://youtu.be/4TDuY-4Muy8
What's the addon that shows the actual pet xp bonus? :)

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » November 1st, 2014, 3:13 pm

Any idea how to deal with the new darkmoon guy coming tomorrow? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519#comments (for the Elekk Plushie achievement)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 1st, 2014, 3:34 pm

Moksu wrote:Any idea how to deal with the new darkmoon guy coming tomorrow? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519#comments (for the Elekk Plushie achievement)
Check out the more recent posts in the Awefully Big adventure thread right next to this one.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Flohsakk

Post by Flohsakk » November 1st, 2014, 6:40 pm

Iibis wrote:What's the addon that shows the actual pet xp bonus? :)
WeakAuras... if you want it, I can put the String in here tomorrow.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » November 2nd, 2014, 1:27 am

Jerebear wrote:
Moksu wrote:Any idea how to deal with the new darkmoon guy coming tomorrow? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519#comments (for the Elekk Plushie achievement)
Check out the more recent posts in the Awefully Big adventure thread right next to this one.
Thanks, seems like they are using xt whati don't got.. hoping someone will come up with a better plan