New WoD tamers and how to beat them with only two pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: New WoD tamers and how to beat them with only two pets

Post by Iibis » November 2nd, 2014, 2:04 am

Flohsakk wrote:WeakAuras... if you want it, I can put the String in here tomorrow.
I was thinking it might be. I'd like to test the string if you don't mind :)

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » November 2nd, 2014, 8:57 am

http://pastebin.com/u/PattiFord

There's one aura that reminds you to use the Safari Hat (if you own it) when there is at least one pet below level 25 (okay and when you start a fight with dead pets, wasn't aware of this *g*) in your team when pet battle starts and a warning, if you have pet buff-food active and all your pets are max-level.

Another aura is for the frame you've seen in the upper left corner of my screen (my plan is to add a clock and maybe the number of actual round in the future).

The third one adds the 2 bars for health percentage of active pets (idk I always wanted something like that and if I ever figure it out, the bar will change with it's value).

Something else I want to do is an icon display of (specific) debuffs next to my backline pets (with rounds remaining as number in it), so I don't have to mousover to check if a poison on my carry pet has faded ;-)

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » November 2nd, 2014, 10:23 am

Lovely, thanks! Please let us know if you update them with those new features you're thinking about ;)

(sorry for the off-topic!)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 2nd, 2014, 4:49 pm

Pattiford, you might consider adding one more frame for the Darkmoon Tophat. It stacks with all 3 of the other buffs. Only available during DMF, so up to you on that.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Sound
Top Rater
Pet Score:5501
BattleTag®:Sound#1785
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Sound » January 2nd, 2015, 12:51 am

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I've been following your strategies the past few days on the WoD tamers and they have been wonderful! Thank you so much for all the extremely detailed explanations you give, I would be lost without them! <3

Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Kiowa » January 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am

tag for laterz :twisted:

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » January 3rd, 2015, 11:26 am

Awesome of you to make this guide, I didn't really think to check one exept when I was stuck on the one in Talador(2 pet).
So I might have taken that from your guide.
I'll just post the pets I used to take out all the tamers as well, in case someone miss certain pets or something.
Shadowmoon: Clockwork Gnome(think he can actually solo this), Darkmoon Tonk, carry pet.
Spires of Arak: Father Winter's Helper, Servant of Demidos/Wisp, carry pet.
Talador: Chrominius, Sprite Darter Hatchling, carry pet. (think the strat for this is described on wowhead)
Gorgrond: Flayer youngling, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, carry pet. (Anubisath shield vs rot).
Nagrand: Fossilized Hatchling, Ghostly skull, carry pet. (start with BONESTORM and work from there, it's pretty easy)
Frostfire Ridge: Clockwork Gnome, Mr. bling, carry pet.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 3rd, 2015, 11:56 am

This is awesome! Been working on my Plushie achievement. Some of the WoD are easy peasy like Ashlei, who let's face it we all take some low level over to Ashlei for power leveling (she has her own plushie). But those moths over in Talador have been giving me struggle with 2 pets (I can take them out easily as 3 pets and can even level a 3rd pet as long as it's around level 15 or higher and can do some damage).

Good Stuff.

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » January 3rd, 2015, 12:32 pm

Abbotta wrote:This is awesome! Been working on my Plushie achievement. Some of the WoD are easy peasy like Ashlei, who let's face it we all take some low level over to Ashlei for power leveling (she has her own plushie). But those moths over in Talador have been giving me struggle with 2 pets (I can take them out easily as 3 pets and can even level a 3rd pet as long as it's around level 15 or higher and can do some damage).

Good Stuff.
They can be tough, what pets are you using for them?