Haunt is an exception as it’s an interesting effect added on top of swapping . It let you not only switch your pet but also adds damage, avoidance and AE protection to it. I would love if more spells would be added that combine swapping with an effect.
Lift-Off could be changed to work in a similar way. You cast Lift-Off and your pet flies up high. But instead of “landing” next round it would show you the pet selection like haunt does. You can now select a different pet as active pet and your bird is waiting in the air and being protected from all AE that isn’t an “air effect” (Cyclone, Arcane Storm). Whenever you select your bird as primary pet it will enter the front row by landing and doing it’s damage.
Burrow could be changed in the same way. The pet would burrow under the ground and could stay there. It would be protected from AE but underground AE like Quake.
I would also love to see some “on swap” effects.
- Whenever this pet becomes the active pet its damage is increase by 50% for the next turn.
- Whenever this pet becomes the active pet all damage is avoided for this round, but the pet is rooted for 4 turns.
- Whenever this pet is backlined it applies a shield to every pet (or your new active pet).
- This pet can attack in the round it became the active pet but it’s damage is decreased by 50% for the next round.
- While on the back row, all damage done to this pet is redirected to the attacker.