Aki the Chosen

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu
Re: Aki the Chosen

Post by Klaital » September 29th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Digem wrote:
Luciandk wrote:
Echinacea wrote:ive been trying sandstorm instead of stoneskin the past few days and its actually easier
I dont like Sandstorm on Anub when facing Aki the Chosen. Because you have much harder to outdamage the heals on the first pet, doubly so if you nail yourself with a miss. Stoneskin all the way.

I use stone skin if the pet I am leveling is level 4 or above.
But this is the tamer fight I like to carry a level one in.
If I start with the level one the cricket kills it every time I just must have bad luck.
So instead I start with idol do sandstorm and switch in my carry pet then back to the idol.
Yes sometimes with misses it can take a bit to whittle it down but i always end this fight with the idol at full health.

In comes dragon do deflection the sandstorm again and the crush till dragon dead worst case scenerio idol is half life usually more.

Then comes otter deflect whenever it is about to resurface from dive.
Sandstorm is super effective so does big hit whenever up and crush till dead.
At worst case otter is half life usually dead or one life due to its dumb survive move.
Bring in flyer and dead.

This is bar none the easiest fight to carry a pet in. The one in the half hill area use to be almost as easy until the nerfed it and the sunflower actually attacks now before it never did.
I will have to disagree on that, Hyuna is the tamer that its by far easiest to carry a pet in since her last pet only attacks once every 4 rounds. :p

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » September 29th, 2014, 12:52 pm

I use carries on Aki, Thundering, Burning, Yon, Farmer. Does not matter the level or class, I can carry a 1 to 25 and get a 2nd to 20s just on those 5 guys.

The right pets can be easily carried on Seeker (a pet with some sort of avoidance), Flowing (generally an aqua), Hyuna (a pet with some sort of avoidance), Mo'ruk (generally a flier) and Shu (generally mech ability).

I found it hardest to carry on Whispering, altho you can carry generally higher level dragonkin.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » September 29th, 2014, 3:07 pm

You can easily carry any lvl 1 pet on Hyuna, just pop it out for one turn against the turtle right after it uses its headbutt.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 29th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Klaital wrote: I will have to disagree on that, Hyuna is the tamer that its by far easiest to carry a pet in since her last pet only attacks once every 4 rounds. :p
A lot of it depends on your strat. I find Thundering and Mo'ruk to be easier than Hyuna since I don't even have to swap in my carry pets and they still get EXP.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 29th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Luciandk wrote:Hrm, I always open with my lvl 1 carry pet on Aki the Chosen. Virtually any lvl 1 pet, save undead, can survive the first hit of the bug. Then swapping to Anub and cleaning house.

Same for Courageous Yon. His first pet doesnt do enough damage to kill a lvl 1 in one hit.

I have tried and tried but the level one never survives for me.
One of the three hits from the cricket always crits usually two.
Just my luck.

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » September 30th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Klaital wrote:You can easily carry any lvl 1 pet on Hyuna, just pop it out for one turn against the turtle right after it uses its headbutt.
What are your first two pets on her?

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 30th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Voskres wrote:
Klaital wrote:You can easily carry any lvl 1 pet on Hyuna, just pop it out for one turn against the turtle right after it uses its headbutt.
It is another pretty easy fight I use by emerald whelping or my nether drake both can easily take down the flyer pet and usually take down the snake unless bad RNG.
As for the one that finishes the snake and takes down the turtle I use my son of animus.
It beats the snake easily and with its shield and heal it takes down the turtle after awhile.
Yes you can switch in a carry pet inbetween any head butt.
This can take a bit to get that stupid turtle down but my animus heals up during the fight and usually ends at full health.
Gets a bit annoying if that stupid turtle stuns you repeatedly but if you have shield up take low damage and heal the next turn.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 30th, 2014, 6:21 pm

For the first pet on Hyuna, I use
Nether Faerie Dragon or Sprite Darter Hatchling
Evanescence, Moonlight, spam Arcane blast. On the snake, Arcane blast, Evanescence, Arcane blast until you pet dies. I use a moth to finish up. Cocoon strike nullifies the turtles headbutt. Alpha strike and Moth dust finish the job. Swap in the carry pet on a non headbutt round at some point.

Very little RNG with that team.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » September 30th, 2014, 6:59 pm

Voskres wrote:
I use Nether Faerie Dragon (s/s) which can usually take out both of hyunas first two pets using this rotation. Evanescence, moonfire, 2x arcane blast (wasp dies), arcane blast, evanescence, 3 arcane blast (snake dies) then the faerie dragon dies to the turtles first headbutt due to being still slowed by the snakes hiss, although sometimes it survives when one of the arcane blasts critted on the snake and killed it a turn earlier. Then bring in carry pet for one round in either case, then I switch to my lil' bad wolf (s/s again, though any breed that is faster than the turtle works), just spam claw until the turtles headbutt comes off cd, then dodge, howl, and spam claw again until the headbutt comes off cd, rinse and repeat this until the turtle dies and your wolf never takes any damage.

Note that in some rare occasions the snake actually manages to kill the nether faerie dragon, when either the one slicing wind you took from the wasp did 3 attacks and critted at least one of them, or the snake critted with something, but even in that case its fine as wolf can finish it off with a claw, it will be slowed then so you have to eat the first headbutt from the turtle but you can survive that and after that the wolf wont take any further damage.

So in short s/s nether faerie dragon and s/s lil' bad wolf are the two pets I use on hyuna every time. But pretty much any pet that has an avoidance move on 4 round or shorter cd can replace the wolf there.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » September 30th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Jerebear wrote:For the first pet on Hyuna, I use
Nether Faerie Dragon or Sprite Darter Hatchling
Evanescence, Moonlight, spam Arcane blast. On the snake, Arcane blast, Evanescence, Arcane blast until you pet dies. I use a moth to finish up. Cocoon strike nullifies the turtles headbutt. Alpha strike and Moth dust finish the job. Swap in the carry pet on a non headbutt round at some point.

Very little RNG with that team.

if the snake manages to take down the dragon the flier can get a little hurt vs the snake,
that is why I went to the son of animus might take a bit longer to down the turtle but it has zero problems with the snake.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 30th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Never had any issues with the flier. If the nether faerie dragon dies, the snake always has less health than alphastrike. Usually it is low enough a cocoon strike will kill it. Now the emerald whelp would cause me problems due to the misses. Many times on it I would have issues dying with too much health on the snake. When I switched to the nether faerie dragon it all went away.

This of course assumes you use evanescence to block the 2nd poison and to block the snakes burrow.

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » October 2nd, 2014, 12:19 pm

I used this for first time. In past I has used a wisp, robo chick and moth for team and never got to moth usually, so I guess it is sort of same thing. I used a [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] and a [pet]Amber Moth[/pet], tho I think my Nether is H/P.

Do we have any sort of running forum or someone in particular to look at online that has a full rundown of who they use for masters and teams?

The reason I ask is not because I don't have teams and/or do them daily, but I can get tunnel vision as to what my idea of beating a team is and someone else may have a really good alternate strategy.

For example I used to use the [ability]Armageddon[/ability]/[ability]Dodge[/ability]/[ability]Dodge [/ability]team for a couple of the really tough dailies ([npc=]Dos-Ryga[/npc], [npc=]Ti'Un the Wandere[/npc]r, [npc=]Lucky Yi [/npc]for examples) and thought that was the way to go until someone told me about the flying/[ability]Call Darkness [/ability]way to do it.

Just always like to see what else is going on out there.

And yes, I went overboard on the embedded links.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » October 2nd, 2014, 6:24 pm

Voskres wrote: Do we have any sort of running forum or someone in particular to look at online that has a full rundown of who they use for masters and teams?
In the past we have used the forum guides threads for this. There is a current 5.4 guide thread where we discuss teams and such. The author hasn't been posting much in the guide as of late, but the rest of us post up optimizations as we find them.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

is where all of the guides are located. Check out the 5.4 guide and see how your teams compare to the ones listed there. It gives a list of attacks and expected number of turns for better comparison.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » October 2nd, 2014, 8:28 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Voskres wrote: Do we have any sort of running forum or someone in particular to look at online that has a full rundown of who they use for masters and teams?
In the past we have used the forum guides threads for this. There is a current 5.4 guide thread where we discuss teams and such. The author hasn't been posting much in the guide as of late, but the rest of us post up optimizations as we find them.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

is where all of the guides are located. Check out the 5.4 guide and see how your teams compare to the ones listed there. It gives a list of attacks and expected number of turns for better comparison.
Here is quick list of what I use, can give more detailed write-up too if you like.

Hyuna: Nether Faerie Dragon (S/S), Lil' Bad Wolf (S/S)
Aki: Anubisath Idol, Chi-Chi (rarely even needed)
Nishi: Jademist Dancer (Any breed that has at least 281 speed), Chi-Chi
Mo-Ruk: Warbot, Chi-Chi
Shu: Chi-Chi, Jademist Dancer
Zusshi: Spineclaw Crab (P/P), Chi-Chi (rarely even needed)
Yon: Feline Familiar, Chi-Chi (rarely even needed, though can also solo the entire team)

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » October 3rd, 2014, 11:00 am

I went thru yesterday and used a combo of your info, the 5.4 thread, and Phraide's thread to carry every tamer from Cata up. Worked well.

Then my addon dumped all my teams =\

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » October 6th, 2014, 11:08 am

yesterday i soloed all 3 of aki's pets using just anubisath idol using crush, sandstorm and deflection. he was pretty low at the end and they did have a few misses but still....it can be done easily.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » October 8th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Wow, this thread just slays me. I've always done Aki with Anubisath using Crush / Sandstorm / Deflection and I've never had a problem with it. Sandstorm completely negates the first pet. Usually you are at full health when the first pet dies. Occasionally I have to let Sandstorm run out so that I can time it right for the Dragon. I always Deflect the Dragon's first attack, then Sandstorm on the next round to take the weather back. I've never had the Dragon kill my Idol using that strategy.

That being said, I rarely can solo the last pet with the Idol. He just doesn't go the full distance for me. That's why I always bring a Moth for the end if needed. But a carry pet can easily swap in during the first pet and take zero damage during the Sandstorm, even a level 1 pet. I do it all the time.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com