Pet Battle bugs 5.1

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Pet Battle bugs 5.1

Post by Mrbeankc » November 27th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Ok, this thread is for listing bugs you're seen so far in 5.1

Looks like a number of combat graphics are missing. In my current 3 man group my Flayer Youngling's reflection graphic is not showing in combat. Neither is the missile on my Darkmoon Zepplin. The abilities work they simply do not show the graphic in combat.

I like the new interface. It does a lot that my add ons use to. The only thing missing is when I mouse over the opposing pet it lists if I have the pet but doesn't show the level i.e. rare, uncommon ect. I like being able to quickly see if the pet I am battling is an upgrade which I could do with the add ons I was running (Pet Theory and Pet Quality Glow). Might have to put those add ons back on to be able to see that.

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Pet Battle bugs 5.1

Post by Diamondsoul » November 27th, 2012, 4:16 pm

I just defeated the Burning Pandaren Spirit in battle, and no credit... Anyone else have this happen?

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » November 27th, 2012, 7:11 pm

With Kalimdor Safari, I've gone from needing just the Qiraji Guardling to needing it and a "Crested Owl" (despite already having 2).

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Diamondsoul wrote:I just defeated the Burning Pandaren Spirit in battle, and no credit... Anyone else have this happen?

I just had this happen as well with the earth spirit. :-(

EDIT: I came back later and it worked.
Last edited by Misstic on November 27th, 2012, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » November 27th, 2012, 8:13 pm

Not sure if you'd call it a bug exactly but Taming the World doesn't appear to reward the safari hat as advertised.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » November 27th, 2012, 9:08 pm

The tooltip (while active in battle) for the Petability, "Repair" (or atleast on my Clockwork Gnome) doesn't list a value to be healed. Instead, it says "... then repairs DATA ERROR health."

>> Mat

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » November 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Mairin wrote:With Kalimdor Safari, I've gone from needing just the Qiraji Guardling to needing it and a "Crested Owl" (despite already having 2).
Same. I went out, captured another one (poor) and it gave me credit.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Mrbeankc wrote:
Mairin wrote:With Kalimdor Safari, I've gone from needing just the Qiraji Guardling to needing it and a "Crested Owl" (despite already having 2).
Same for me, this is a bug for sure!

Eeekk
Pet Score:1722
Realm:Bonechewer-us

Post by Eeekk » November 28th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Not sure if it's just me so if someone else would like to check on it. Dead pets soaking up XP. I did a battle and I got the same amount of XP for my little one even though I exploded my mech dragon compared to when I kept it alive.

It was the same XP also when I used an undead and did the die at end trick to get a rez and then die at end again for a simultaneous death.

If it's not just me or if it is a stealth nerf then I guess it's good and bad. Bad because it's an XP nerf. Good because now we can take our L1 into battle with L25s and not worry about their survival since they will still get XP.

Then again maybe they added an XP gain cap.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 28th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Misstic wrote:
Mrbeankc wrote:
Same for me, this is a bug for sure!
I fourth this. (Is that a thing?)

Also, the Frog Kiss ability graphics seem to be messed up. The pet now makes the kiss noise/graphics *before* hopping over next to the opponent.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » November 28th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Eeekk wrote:Not sure if it's just me so if someone else would like to check on it. Dead pets soaking up XP.
Good because now we can take our L1 into battle with L25s and not worry about their survival since they will still get XP.
The first is definitely happening, the second, not so much. I was leveling two lower-level pets together, and if one died the other would still only get half the experience as if the first pet were still alive and getting experience. But, even though the dead pet was gimping the experience of the pet left alive, it was dead and NOT getting experience. The remaining experience is just lost.

I really hope this is a bug and it gets fixed soon.