OMG they nerfed pet battle exp!!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: OMG they nerfed pet battle exp!!!!

Post by Quintessence » November 29th, 2012, 2:54 am

Misstic wrote:Found this post, looks like Mumper posted tweets that they are working on a hotfix?? Cant tell if its for the hat, the pet tamers exp or both. What do you guys gather from it?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032692
First and third Tweet are about the hat. The second one is about the Tamer XP.

A hotfix is likely going to be released soon for the Safari Hat (if it hasn't already), but there's no word or confirmation about the XP bug/nerf.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 29th, 2012, 4:23 am

Quintessence wrote:
Misstic wrote:Found this post, looks like Mumper posted tweets that they are working on a hotfix?? Cant tell if its for the hat, the pet tamers exp or both. What do you guys gather from it?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032692
First and third Tweet are about the hat. The second one is about the Tamer XP.

A hotfix is likely going to be released soon for the Safari Hat (if it hasn't already), but there's no word or confirmation about the XP bug/nerf.
Yes I did just get the hat in the mail. So the MAJOR exp NERF may not be a bug? They want the exp like that despite what the patch notes said?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 29th, 2012, 7:19 am

Misstic wrote:So the MAJOR exp NERF may not be a bug? They want the exp like that despite what the patch notes said?
They haven't said if it's a bug or an actual change to how experience is gained. Until someone officially comments on this, all we have are guesses and speculation as to what's going on with XP. My hope is that it's just a bug, but we'll see.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 29th, 2012, 8:35 am

and twitter again... if zou are not on twitter zou are lost...
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/273544412699705344

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Jordicus » November 29th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
the only XP change we are seeing is on Tamers and its a bug. Hoping we can hotfix, stay tuned.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 29th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Mumper finally confirms that they're working on both the daily bug and XP issue:

"Hotfix for the Safari Hat should be live shortly. Still working on daily quest resets and pet xp issues. Thanks and sorry!"

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 29th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Quintessence wrote:Mumper finally confirms that they're working on both the daily bug and XP issue:

"Hotfix for the Safari Hat should be live shortly. Still working on daily quest resets and pet xp issues. Thanks and sorry!"
OMG HAPPY HAPPY DANCE IN RL, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » November 29th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Jordicus wrote:Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
the only XP change we are seeing is on Tamers and its a bug. Hoping we can hotfix, stay tuned.
But the wild pet xp has been nerfed too and/or dead pets are sucking up xp. Has anyone seen them address this issue?

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 30th, 2012, 12:14 am

Nope I keep asking :(
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » November 30th, 2012, 5:50 am

I personally agree with dead pets soaking XP from a battle. In all fairness if you fight with three then all three should be considered, surviving or not.

Arve,
Balance alt.

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 30th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Just got this
.@Wynn5 @perksnpeeves Battle pet XP issues are bugs and the hotfix will be out later today. Wild pet XP same, buff to Pandaria tamers.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Gogo
Pet Score:6207
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gogo » November 30th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Thanks goodness. I really hope today's hotfix to the xp situation will bring everything back to the way it was before... At the current state, I will never level a pet again... It is beyond tedious.

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 30th, 2012, 2:36 pm

It will be faster than befor. Nishi was around 1680 xp at 3.5x normal. Now she will be 5x normal plus 10% for the hat. 5.5x total now instead of 3.5x

Ainyan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7069
BattleTag®:Ainyan#1293
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ainyan » November 30th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Arvelayne wrote:I personally agree with dead pets soaking XP from a battle. In all fairness if you fight with three then all three should be considered, surviving or not.

Arve,
Balance alt.
Except they're not. If you have a pre-25 pet dead, it does not actually gain XP, it only soaks XP. That is not right. If level 25 dead pets are draining XP away from the pet you're trying to level, then if the pet you're trying to level dies and you finish with another pet, that pre-25 pet should get its fair share of XP.

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 30th, 2012, 2:54 pm

the xp bug has been hotfixed in game. I confirmed it this morning.

About Nishi, if you have several powerful aqua pets, you can pretty much powerlvl your pet non-stoply. As compare to previous plvl mathod, it comes close to what it was i'd say..

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 30th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Ainyan wrote:
Arvelayne wrote:I personally agree with dead pets soaking XP from a battle. In all fairness if you fight with three then all three should be considered, surviving or not.

Arve,
Balance alt.
Except they're not. If you have a pre-25 pet dead, it does not actually gain XP, it only soaks XP. That is not right. If level 25 dead pets are draining XP away from the pet you're trying to level, then if the pet you're trying to level dies and you finish with another pet, that pre-25 pet should get its fair share of XP.
Except the pre-25 pet, if level 10, didn't really do its fair share of fighting if the enemy team consisted of 3x lvl25s, so why get the xp? A more fair way to do it, would be to calculated the xp based on how many rounds they pet had been active and the relative level compared to the enemy it fought. Too low level pet would get next to nothing because of WAY to low compared to the enemy, or if it only contributed 1 round in a 40 round fight, it would get its "fair share".

I know we all love to kill off lvl25 pets to give their share to the lowbie pets, but honestly, it seems too good to be true, right? It smells more like a fix then a nerf, but we'll see how the change it soon, I guess.

Ainyan
Top Rater
Pet Score:7069
BattleTag®:Ainyan#1293
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ainyan » November 30th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:
Ainyan wrote:

Arve,
Balance alt.
Except the pre-25 pet, if level 10, didn't really do its fair share of fighting if the enemy team consisted of 3x lvl25s, so why get the xp? A more fair way to do it, would be to calculated the xp based on how many rounds they pet had been active and the relative level compared to the enemy it fought. Too low level pet would get next to nothing because of WAY to low compared to the enemy, or if it only contributed 1 round in a 40 round fight, it would get its "fair share".

I know we all love to kill off lvl25 pets to give their share to the lowbie pets, but honestly, it seems too good to be true, right? It smells more like a fix then a nerf, but we'll see how the change it soon, I guess.
I'm not talking about sticking a level 10 into battle against a level 25 and having it killed off before it can land a move. That shouldn't get you XP, and in fact, under the old system, it didn't get you XP (you only got XP if you actually managed to do something, and that was generally hard to do when the enemy would hit first and take you out in one hit). I'm talking about a level 23 that takes a bad hit in battle. It did its fair share of battle, took a bad hit, and soaks XP without actually gaining it.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 30th, 2012, 4:36 pm

As of 1:30pm PST time this has NOT been fixed. I battled Nishi with my level 23 leveling pet and 1 level 25 pets. I had the hat on (which only one of my toons were mailed) and I got 624 exp. Then I used 2 level 25 pets and my leveling pet and got 417exp when it was 380 before, the 38 more exp is because of the hat. So dead pets are taking up exp. I still dont see how this adds up though as an increase to exp?? That is not even close to the 1680 before with 3 pets doing the battle and no hat. Someone said it was hotfixed already, please let me know what you mean? Also spirit tamers q still have not reset. :-(
Last edited by Misstic on November 30th, 2012, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 30th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Florencia wrote:the xp bug has been hotfixed in game. I confirmed it this morning.

About Nishi, if you have several powerful aqua pets, you can pretty much powerlvl your pet non-stoply. As compare to previous plvl mathod, it comes close to what it was i'd say..
Please explain. I just made a post saying it has NOT been hotfixed. If you say it has been please provide exp numbers along with pet level and how many you used. Thanks!

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » November 30th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Ainyan wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:
Ainyan wrote:Except they're not. If you have a pre-25 pet dead, it does not actually gain XP, it only soaks XP. That is not right. If level 25 dead pets are draining XP away from the pet you're trying to level, then if the pet you're trying to level dies and you finish with another pet, that pre-25 pet should get its fair share of XP.

I'm not talking about sticking a level 10 into battle against a level 25 and having it killed off before it can land a move. That shouldn't get you XP, and in fact, under the old system, it didn't get you XP (you only got XP if you actually managed to do something, and that was generally hard to do when the enemy would hit first and take you out in one hit). I'm talking about a level 23 that takes a bad hit in battle. It did its fair share of battle, took a bad hit, and soaks XP without actually gaining it.
Actually the idea of a pet taking part in a battle and not soaking XP is, in my opinion, an exploit. I already think it's cheesy enough that there isn't an XP cap on level difference, but not having all pets that take part in a battle divide the XP is even more cheese.

I stand by my original statement. The original system for wild battle XP was broken, and is now working as intended as far as I can see.

Oh and for the record I think that using tamers to super power level pets is just completely off the Cheese-O-Meter. But's that's my opinion.

Arve,
fair alt.