5.1 Pandaren Spirit Quests

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Durotan-us
5.1 Pandaren Spirit Quests

Post by Wezmerelda » November 27th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Has anyone done the new Pandaren Spirit quests in the 5.1 PTR and have any ideas as to the difficulty level we might see in about 30 mins? :D Are they going to be on par to Aki's pets? Are they legendaries? Any suggestions on pet teams to match? Just curious...

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: 5.1 Pandaren Spirit Quests

Post by Angel_02 » November 27th, 2012, 4:16 pm

they are legendary quality and each use there respective pandaren spirit and 2 others

Earth one hits hard and comes with a rat and oozling. Kept killing my pets so i didnt complete i, going to rethink my strategy and come back later

Wind isnt too bad comes with cloud serpent hatchling and moth, wind does mostly healing and wind slice that hits 3 times for around 100

Water comes with a water strider and fishy. Mostly uses tidal waves and a whirlpool thing and a healing wave on the water strider.

Fire comes with a tiny red dragon and glowfly.

(sorry my info isn't the best but hopefully it can help)

My group is: Jade Oozeling(rare), Spawn of Onyxia (uncommon), Emerald Turtle (rare)
Last edited by Angel_02 on November 27th, 2012, 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » November 27th, 2012, 4:22 pm

I just logged on and went to battle the Earth elemental since he's close to the city. His pets took me about 4-5 attempts to defeat. My pet addons aren't working for some reason so that makes it more difficult to pick a good team so I'm doing it atm by trial and error. Going to try the other 3 before reporting back.

I used Flayer Youngling, Dancing Water Skirmer and Darkmoon Zeppelin. Not a perfect team since the zeppelin seemed to take extra damage from the attacks of the beast on his team.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2012, 4:28 pm

All of them have at least one elemental pet on their team, so get out those aquatic pets/pets with aquatic attacks! ;)

One odd thing that I've found so far is that the Air Spirit Tamer has a moth that's listed as a critter. O_o Beast attacks were strong against it, so it's definitely classified as a critter atm. Not sure if this was intended or a bug lol.

Edit: And the Water Spirit Tamer has a Water Strider also listed as a critter. o_o

I would have to say that out of all them, the Earth Spirit is the most challenging overall. Yet the hardest hitting elemental would be the on the Water Spirit's team. Geyser + Whirlpool at the same time. Ouch.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Slamkovich
Pet Score:4460
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Slamkovich » November 27th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Aquatic is the way to go. I used a Spire Crab, surge and whirlpool tore everything apart. My other two pets were my old standbys of Onyxian Whelpling and Mini-Thor, but the crab could kill each of the elemental pets alone.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » November 27th, 2012, 5:24 pm

My rapana whelk did really well against the elementals. :3
Image Image

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » November 27th, 2012, 6:06 pm

I am actually having a really tough time with the air elemental. His elemental has strong attacks against aquatics and kills any aquatic pet on my team I've been trying (a crab, a turtle, a water skimmer). Also the moth-critter kills my beasts often before I even get it down to 75% hp (has an annoying sleep attack, cocoon, etc). Guess I'll keep trying. Gonna try to find a non-aquatic pet with aquatic abilities for this one if there is such a one.

Edit: Finally beat him after 8-9 attempts when I changed up my set-up. Ended up using Flayer Youngling for critter, Spawn of Onyxia for dragonkin and Jade Oozeling for elemental. Not many strong attacks against him but it worked out.
Last edited by Kagalii on November 27th, 2012, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malanade
Top Rater
Pet Score:7203
BattleTag®:Malanade#1295
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Malanade » November 27th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Kagalii wrote:I am actually having a really tough time with the air elemental.
Same. He's the last one I have, and he's super duper hard. He keeps killing me team everytime, and I don't have a humanoid high enough to fight his dragonkin.

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » November 27th, 2012, 6:24 pm

Malanade wrote:
Kagalii wrote:I am actually having a really tough time with the air elemental.
Same. He's the last one I have, and he's super duper hard. He keeps killing me team everytime, and I don't have a humanoid high enough to fight his dragonkin.
I tried using the flayer with anti-dragonkin abilities at first but it was not very successful. I used it with the beast attacks instead on the critter and used spawn of onyxia (although I'm sure other dragons might work too like jade forest hatchlings) and that worked out better.

Dizzyfly
Pet Score:2443
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Dizzyfly » November 27th, 2012, 7:52 pm

i cant seem to find the quest to go to the tamers if some one could help

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Theaah wrote:My rapana whelk did really well against the elementals. :3

Agree!

Passiko
Pet Score:2494
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Passiko » November 27th, 2012, 10:18 pm

So far I cant do a thing with Earth. He stuns first thing, causing me to have to pick another pet and gets two hits on that one. Then usually does another one of his stun moves. I can barely get any attacks in.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » November 27th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Where is the battle tamer?

Soulean
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Soulean » November 28th, 2012, 2:56 am

The earth one hits HARD but Nordrassil wisp was able to take him out with a bit of luck. Some fights have the 50% miss chance seem like it wasn't even there. Only thing I can think of is maybe pet quality difference has an effect on hit chance? probably just luck but I like theories. Also arcane storm to combat the stun could mean a win as well.

One of the teams was very anti aquatic but don't remember having a very hard time with that fight. ( Celestial dragon soloed that one I think )

Now to figure out how to get all four of these pets without spending 100k each. ( Remember - you have to level several pets to 25 to get these guys and most people who are willing to do that will want to keep them. The few people that do get these and don't care about them will have an army of pet collectors who will buy them up. )

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 28th, 2012, 3:59 am

I thought the Earth was the most challenging. I ended up getting lucky. After killing the elemental with my aqua strider, I pulled him back with 116 health, and did fairly well against the other two but lost both when the tamer's final pet was under 100 health. Fortunately the strider is very fast and I didn't miss with his basic attack.

I found the air to be a little frustrating, but doable, while the fire was more frustrating. Water seemed fairly easy to me. For both I ended up using two dragons mainly (Lil Deathwing did most of the heavy lifting in both cases). I think I ended up using just a high attack pet to absorb damage on the air one while getting ahead of his healing so that my Netherwhelp could finish it.

I suppose that's not terribly helpful since it was two CE pets that were quite successful for me, but I think the general idea is sound. The dragons worked well on air, due to all the attacks being flying. In general, DW seemed to also be good since a couple of them have dragons on their teams and he can use Call Darkness which is humanoid. On the other hand, on the fire/earth ones (aside from the dragon on fire), I found the aqua strider to be extremely useful with rain/pump doing as much or more damage as the tamer's pets.

Diva
Top Rater
Pet Score:8034
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Diva » November 28th, 2012, 8:08 am

I found the earth spirit to be the hardest. I probably tried 20-some attempts at it before getting lucky and dodging just enough attacks to survive and get the final winning blow. I one shot water and fire, air took 10 or so tries. The pets i used for the various fights were: Bananas, Mini Thor, Fetish Shaman, Mirror Water Strider(i believe, the past one from the vale), Tiny Crimson Hatchling(or whatever its called from the cloud serpents), and the Highlands Turkey.

The dragonkin was for the air spirit, along with Bananas and the Water Strider. I used the Water Strider for every fight except the earth spirit, I ended up using Mini Thor, Bananas, and the Fetish Shaman for that one. The Turkey was used in the water spirit fight, I believe. And I believe I used Mini Thor, Fetish Shaman, and Water Strider for the fire spirit. At any rate, the earth and air were the toughest, but I chose the earth spirit from the quest because it was significantly worse for me. I don't want to repeat the experience of trying for that level of luck again! Lol.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » November 28th, 2012, 10:16 am

I've beaten today these spirit tamers. The biggest pain in the butt turned out to be the Earth spirit.
My teams for different spirit tamers.
Earth - Mirror Strider (the one that's faster than the tamer's elemental), Flayer Youngling and Stunted Shardhorn (against the critter).
Water - Alpine Foxling, Bright Kaliri and Mirror Strider
Air - Flayer Youngling, Spawn of Ony and Oily Slimeling
Fire - Flayer Youngling, Spawn of Ony and Oily Slimeling ( I didn't even expect to beat this tamer with this setup, I wanted to see what I'm facing. I guess it was just luck, that I managed to kill the team from the first try)

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » November 28th, 2012, 11:15 am

I killed all four of them using Flayer Youngling in first position (Can't go wrong with reflecting the first ability!), Shore Crab for elemental damage and Darkmoon Zeppelin for Decoy, which helps offset some of the damage they can do. Earth was the worst for me, but I managed to one shot the other three with that setup.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » November 28th, 2012, 11:39 am

Anyone else having an issue picking up the dailies today? Last night (WAAAY before daily reset, maybe at like 7-8 pm), I beat all tamers, turned in the quest, went back and beat them all again for the dailies. Today I have checked all 4 and they aren't offering me any quests. Am I missing something?

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » November 28th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Soulean wrote:]Now to figure out how to get all four of these pets without spending 100k each. ( Remember - you have to level several pets to 25 to get these guys and most people who are willing to do that will want to keep them. The few people that do get these and don't care about them will have an army of pet collectors who will buy them up. )
The bags from the elemental tamers have a chance to have the other pets you didn't choose from the quest in, so just do the dailies. (Assuming, of course, that they reset properly as they don't seem to have yet today as noted above.)
Image Image