Battle stones

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Avertan
Pet Score:5549
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Battle stones

Post by Avertan » July 27th, 2014, 10:30 am

I have not seen a battle stone in a long time. Has anyone gotten one from wild pet battles recently?

Avertan

Nett85
Pet Score:4850
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Battle stones

Post by Nett85 » July 27th, 2014, 10:39 am

Best way I've found to get battlestones is to do the dailies that give loot bags. Trixie in Winterspring and Lady Acoste in Deadwind Pass are a good way to level pets and get stones.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 27th, 2014, 11:19 am

I was doing wild pet battles in Twilight Highlands the other day and got a stone. Not that I needed any, I have every kind in stacks ranging from 11 to 20, plus over a stack of the generic Marked stones from the dailies (I trade in stones whenever I go over a full stack).

Avertan
Pet Score:5549
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Avertan » July 27th, 2014, 11:23 am

Thank you for answering. I guess its just bad luck on my part. Have not seen one since December.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » July 27th, 2014, 6:36 pm

I only got a few from wild pet battles, usually get 1 to 2 a day from the tamer dailies i do on the weeekends.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2014, 7:14 am

I very seldom see one from wild pet battles either, and when I do it's usually a pointless uncommon one. However, I usually get at least one stone a day from pet dailies (thats doing all of Pandaria plus a couple of others, eg: Uldum and SMV).
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » July 28th, 2014, 8:52 am

I too have terri-bad luck with stone drops. Over the past year or so I've only had maybe a dozen drop and that includes from the tamer bags. It's gotten so bad that I'm buying stoned versions of pets I own to replace them that way. Granted I'm persistent and some-what lucky in finding rare wild pets... but I feel that's out of necessity due to my luck with stones.

Best of luck in your future endevors

Trece
Pet Score:13656
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » July 28th, 2014, 11:22 am

I'm still getting them in wild pet battles and dailies.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 29th, 2014, 3:51 am

I have had either one or two stones drop each day of the Pandaria daily circuit. However, the past two weeks the stones have dried up almost completely ..got one or two total. I was doing 5 man MoP heroic Lfr and saw someone get an elemental stone off a trash mob .. Never saw that before, maybe that's where my battle stones have gone :x

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » July 29th, 2014, 3:55 am

From Wild pet battles while leveling pets, I've gotten 5 in two days. 2x BoE, x2 Aquatic, and x1 Critter. But I've leveled nearly 30 pets in the last two days also so that's quite a few battles. Still averaging 1 or 2 from the dailies circuit (usually - some days 0).

Edit: I've also recently got a few blue stones from pet PvPs. Normally I get those crap green ones, but I've seen 2 or 3 of those in the last week (in ~150 battles).
Last edited by Wakamaru on July 30th, 2014, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
@TamerWakamaru

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 29th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Guess it's really luck of the draw, I don't think they've decreased the drop rate though. I'm still getting about 2 a day when I do the tamer dailies.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 29th, 2014, 4:07 pm

I had been getting maybe 1 a day doing MoP dailies. Granted, I don't do BoF. But still, it was working out to about .75 a day or so. I did have fairly good luck getting Aquatic stones from grinding the wild pets near No-No while leveling an alt. So now I have a stack of those. But my luck on stones is crap. Kind of like my luck on Mr. Pinchy. :? :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 30th, 2014, 5:01 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:I have had either one or two stones drop each day of the Pandaria daily circuit. However, the past two weeks the stones have dried up almost completely ..got one or two total. I was doing 5 man MoP heroic Lfr and saw someone get an elemental stone off a trash mob .. Never saw that before, maybe that's where my battle stones have gone :x

As far as I know they don't drop off of mobs at all. What you most likely saw was someone opening up one of those lootbags that you get off a boss (when you don't get any gear) and a stone being in that. I have gotten a couple of stones that way myself.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » August 1st, 2014, 8:39 pm

I've been getting battle stones at about the same rate as usual, but most of the battle stones that I've been getting recently are either Beast or Aquatic. For some reason, I can't seem to get many of the other family types of stones. I think they just hate me or something. :(

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Kel

Post by Kel » August 3rd, 2014, 3:50 pm

Well, I think the RNG just simply hates me. This makes my 3rd day of doing the Panda trainer dailies and not a single stone. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 3rd, 2014, 6:35 pm

Well the rng gods smiled on me this weekend, i got 6 stones friday night 2 on saturday and three on sunday from doing the tamer circuit and 1 days worth of beasts of fable. I guess i won't see any at all the next few weeks now lol.

Kel

Post by Kel » August 4th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Yea, I wanted to make sure I got in on the Valor buff, so I was trying to do them each day, as well as time the CT for the weekend. At least I got lots of Valor points. :?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » August 4th, 2014, 7:17 pm

I must be getting your stones (and pets). Yesterday I got 6 stones and 4 pets from the collection of trainers/legendary/Elemental bags, today 4 stones 3 pets. I've been remarking lately that I can't get over how many are dropping.