Triple Croc

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu
Triple Croc

Post by Vek » June 13th, 2014, 10:41 am

This is a pretty neat team that is quite good in the current meta with Valk'yrs and Death Adders. But is handles a lot of other teams well. Only real trouble is of course you can be soloed by a bird.

So I today I run this a couple of times, have some nice fights against a Direhorn/Moth/Zandalari Raptor. Log off for a bit. Come back on for a quick fight and run into double croc with Electrified Razortooth. That was an interesting fight until it was down to Toothy vs the Razortooth. Fittingly got an Aquatic stone for my troubles. Ah the randomness of the PvP queue sometimes. :)

Vek
Top Rater

Re: Triple Croc

Post by Vek » June 13th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Karma gave me triple crows when getting back after a couple of hours. :)

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » June 14th, 2014, 4:50 am

Sorry for bumping this crap. After doing the trainer run I decided to one fight before going off. Three Crocs vs Three Vengeful Porcupettes. Whats happening? No DAH's or Valk's.... meeting these odd teams. :)

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » June 14th, 2014, 8:50 am

Vek wrote:Sorry for bumping this crap. After doing the trainer run I decided to one fight before going off. Three Crocs vs Three Vengeful Porcupettes. Whats happening? No DAH's or Valk's.... meeting these odd teams. :)

I ran into triple Vengeful Porupettes a couple of times recently. I'm going to have to try the triple crocs, just for fun.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » June 14th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Vek wrote:Sorry for bumping this crap. After doing the trainer run I decided to one fight before going off. Three Crocs vs Three Vengeful Porcupettes. Whats happening? No DAH's or Valk's.... meeting these odd teams. :)
I know, right? It's awesome. XD

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 14th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Are you using three different crocs or all the same croc?

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » June 14th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Toothy, Snarly and Muckbreath. If I would min/Max I would cut Muckbreath and add another Snarly. I like the speed of Toothy to be faster with Blood in the water against 260 speed pets.

I quite like the mindgame when facing a Death Adder.
If you think they will do Blind on the first turn then you do Surge.
If you think they will do Poison Fang then do the Bleed attack.

Of course very depending on the experience of your opponent. If you made the wrong decision just switch to another croc, being aquatic they take less damage from DoTs.

But once you get the Bleed up they are screwed. Blood in the water will ALWAYS hit, even if Blinded or darkness. But again you have to make a decision. Is my opponent smart enough to switch then I am better of doing another Bleed on the incoming pet. Or will it stay in? Then of course it is Blood in the Water time.

Since then Bleed lasts 5 turns sooner or later they will be hit by a blood in the water.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 16th, 2014, 2:26 am

Now try a P/P [pet]Spineclaw Crab[/pet] instead of one croc. :-)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 17th, 2014, 9:34 am

Vek wrote:But once you get the Bleed up they are screwed. Blood in the water will ALWAYS hit, ....
Since then Bleed lasts 5 turns sooner or later they will be hit by a blood in the water.
Sorry this will only work if you fight against an unexperience Pet Battler - you rip, I switch, you miss I switch back to the ripped pet an kill you :D

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » June 17th, 2014, 10:13 am

Or you can read the whole post?

Now you got two pets with Bleed on them? Want to risk a third or a BitW. As I said Rip Bleed lasts 5 turns, so soon all your pets are bleeding and BitW will hit you, unless you got avoidance. Ofc keep switching and take Bleed damage I dont mind. You can't possibly know when im going to do BitW just as I dont know for certain if you are going to stay in or switch. It's a mindgame.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » July 6th, 2014, 7:05 am

Sorry mate you could just read mine.....

you always do your bitw right AFTER your RIP so YOU ARE predictable.
So after you do your rip switch to pet 2 bitw misses switch back to pet 1 - where do YOU see 2 pets with rip on them?
PS: Did I tell you pet a will be my anubis in this case -> sandstorm lowers your hit chance on bitw even more and your aquatic pets "love" my sandstorm :D

So as said your strategy ONLY works against inexperienced players

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » July 6th, 2014, 2:40 pm

Drudatz wrote:Sorry mate you could just read mine.....

you always do your bitw right AFTER your RIP so YOU ARE predictable.
So after you do your rip switch to pet 2 bitw misses switch back to pet 1 - where do YOU see 2 pets with rip on them?
PS: Did I tell you pet a will be my anubis in this case -> sandstorm lowers your hit chance on bitw even more and your aquatic pets "love" my sandstorm :D

So as said your strategy ONLY works against inexperienced players
Eh? You, yourself, would always do that I guess... Not sure who You you are talking about otherwise. And I guess you missed the part where BitW will always hit a bleeding target, no matter the sandstorm.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » July 6th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Vek wrote:Eh? You, yourself, would always do that I guess... Not sure who You you are talking about otherwise. And I guess you missed the part where BitW will always hit a bleeding target, no matter the sandstorm.
How does that work then? I mean, in comparison to darkness and NS. If NS is subject to the environment (despite it saying it always hits if the target is blinded -- this would be the same situation with a bleed and bitw), then why would that not be true for everything else?

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » July 6th, 2014, 3:14 pm

Different wording. If target is bleeding then it will always hit, even while Blinded from Death Adders. Nocturnal strike does not say always hit. Also it is easiest to get a pet Blinded with a weather change, since you can't change away unless to an elemental. Bleed is target specific.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » July 6th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Vek wrote:Different wording. If target is bleeding then it will always hit, even while Blinded from Death Adders. Nocturnal strike does not say always hit. Also it is easiest to get a pet Blinded with a weather change, since you can't change away unless to an elemental. Bleed is target specific.
Ah, yeah, I see what you mean. I thought NS said will always hit if blinded but I guess it doesn't.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » July 7th, 2014, 3:41 am

Vek wrote:Eh? You, yourself, would always do that I guess... Not sure who You you are talking about otherwise. And I guess you missed the part where BitW will always hit a bleeding target, no matter the sandstorm.
Okay just for you like im talking to a 5 year old - remember bitw ONLY 100% hits if theres a rip on target....

Round1:
You: Rip
Me: Sandstorm *bug hit*

Round2:
Me: Switching Magical Crawdad in
You: Bitw - missed

Round3:
Me: switch back to anubis and kill you

Rinse and repeat

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 7th, 2014, 4:11 am

Drudatz wrote:Okay just for you like im talking to a 5 year old - remember bitw ONLY 100% hits if theres a rip on target....

Round1:
You: Rip
Me: Sandstorm *bug hit*

Round2:
Me: Switching Magical Crawdad in
You: Bitw - missed

Round3:
Me: switch back to anubis and kill you

Rinse and repeat
I don't think that's what Vek meant when mentioning a Rip/Blood in the Water strategy. I don't think most will blindly use BitW immediately after using Rip. It would be situational and depend on the moves of the opponent. They could always hold off on using BitW too, until every pet (or nearly all pets) on the opposing team has the debuff, to ensure that they make the most of the cooldown.

I don't PVP but I'd imagine it would go more like this:

R1:
P1 - Rip
P2 - Sandstorm

R2:
P2 - Swaps to pet 2 (because as I understand it, keeping a debuffed pet in play in PVP is usually a bad move)
P1 - Rip (because P1 knows that P2 will want to try and save their debuffed pet)

At this point, it really does become a mind-game. Does P2 swap to their third pet? Does P1 respond with another Rip because they know P2 will swap? Or does BitW get used on the pet that's kept in play?

You could say that this strat is still fairly predictable, as the player using Crocs will generally use BitW IF they're facing a pet with the debuff on it and are confident that P2 won't switch to a non-debuffed pet.

But at the same time it's also a game of inevitability. Players who choose to swap out their pet because of the debuff will only face another one of their pets with the same debuff. There's really no running from Rip into BitW unless P2's pet has an ability that removes debuffs or an invulnerability so that it can stay in another round and force a wasted BitW.

The overarching goal is that all opponents will eventually have Rip on them and therefore be vulnerable to BitW. Personally, I think it's an interesting strat, even though I'd never have the balls to use it in PVP myself. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » July 7th, 2014, 4:47 am

Thanks Quint. Sadly I don't think this thread will go further, perhaps it could get locked.