Celestial Tournament Bosses 100% win chance

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Allandel
Top Rater
Pet Score:3356
Realm:Aman'Thul-us
Celestial Tournament Bosses 100% win chance

Post by Allandel » June 11th, 2014, 1:14 am

Battle strategy for Bosses of the Celestial Tournament.
I have had 100% success rate with these pets and recommend any serious pet battler to use a similar team.

Xu-Fu
1Alpine Foxling any breed
2Widow Spider P/P
3Menagerie Custodian H/H. Not needed

Round 1 dazzling dance
Round 2 bite
Round 3 howl Enter Widow Spider
Round 4 brittle webbing
Round 5 spiderling swarm Xu-Fu is dead.

Zao
1 Alpine Foxling Kit any breed
2 Crystal Spider
3 Widow Spider P/P Use same spider as used in Xu-Fu

Round 1 dazzling dance
Round 2 bite
Round 3 howl Enter Crystal Spider
Round 4 brittle webbing
Round 5 spiderling swarm
Round 6 crystal prison
Round 7 Swap to widow spider
Round 8 brittle webbing
Round 9 spiderling swarm Zao is dead.

Chi-Chi
1 Unborn Val'kry any breed
2 Pandaren Water Spirit H/S
3 Chrominius H/H
Round 1 Curse of Doom
Round 2 Swap to Pandaren Water Spirit
Round 3 Geyser
Round 4 Whirlpool
Round 5 Swap to Chrominius
Round 6 howl
Round 7 surge of power Chi-Chi is dead

Yu'la
1 Gregarious Grell S/B
That's it.....
This Fight is pretty simple
Spam punch
Phase shift when Yu'la uses liftoff
Cauterize after first take damage and then whenever its off cooldown.
Will take like 20 rounds but Grell is too much for him.

Enjoy your Celestial Token

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: Celestial Tournament Bosses 100% win chance

Post by Mykro9 » June 11th, 2014, 2:41 am

I use 3 snails vs Chi-Chi, and just use the [ability]ooze touch[/ability] spam on all 3, it might take you until the last snail to get him down but it works.

Zao and Xu-Fu I use the standard [ability]geyser[/ability] [ability]whirlpool[/ability] [ability]howl[/ability] [ability]surge of power[/ability] on both, with Zao going first.

The reasoning is he cannot one shot a pet, though I have 2 [pet]chrominius[/pet] and 2 [pet]pandaren water spirit[/pet] just in case.

The other key is saving Yu'La for last, and having either a [pet]magical crawdad[/pet] [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet] or [pet]magic lamp[/pet] with [ability]wish[/ability]. Have the pet with [ability]wish[/ability] in the first slot, cast [ability]wish[/ability], swap to injured pet, then forfeit.

you can heal any non-dead pet this way, and there is at least one tamer in the first group that you can use this same strat on, to never have a needed pet be less than 100% health at the start of a fight in the Celestial Tournament.
mykro9#1585

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 11th, 2014, 10:01 am

Only prob with the build for me is that it has you carry a couple of the same pet, which I try to avoid.

Chi-Chi
Unborn Valk (any)
2 Nord Wisp (both at least 322 speed)

Valk - Curse, Shock, Shock, Shock, Unholy Ascension, Shock
Wisp - Ward, Flash, Light, Pass, repeat

Xu-Fu
Alpine Foxling
Fox
Darkmoon Zepp

Foxling - Dance., Howl, Bite
Fox - Flurry, Howl, Flurry
Zepp - Missile, Decoy, Missile, Missile
**I have used as backup Alpine Fox Kit (Dance, Howl, Flurry), Wild Jade Serp (Call Lightning), and Szech Chicken (Flock) or Crow (Murder)
***Reason I have a bakup is because this is the only one I sometimes fail on if he crits a Fox

Yu'la
Ghostly Skull
Clock'em or Bonkers or Panda Monk

Basically here I just hit Yu'la with skull until he dies then with his last turn I use Unholy Ascension (Valk has ability, too)
Then you use one of the humanoids to jab and dodge when she lifts off and counterstrike or tornado punch as needed

Zao
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
Zandalari Anklerender/Kneebiter

Sunreaver - Fel, Call Lightning
Zands - Black Claw, Hunting Party

I will for sure try y'all's recommendations for Xu-Fu, he gives me the only trouble.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 11th, 2014, 10:39 am

Allandel wrote:recommend any serious pet battler to use a similar team.
What about semi-serious battlers?

Also, is it me, or isn't the hardest part of the tourney the trainers BEFORE the celestials? The celestials are quite easy.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 11th, 2014, 11:12 am

There are a number of teams for each of the Celestial's that are extremely reliable.

Yu'la is easy a Gregarious Grell or Mr Bigglesworth can solo her most of the time and if they die pretty much any other pet should be able to finish Yu'la off. I prefer the grell because it's a bit more straight forward what you need to do.

For Zao I use a pair of Zanalari Raptors that are faster than him and Black claw hunting party until he's dead. Team has a third raptor in it but I haven't ever had to use it. First raptor usually gets black claw and two rounds of hunting party but even if he crits you'll get a min of black claw and 1 round of hunting party if your faster. Second raptor will finish him easily but a mech with batter should work too.

For Xu-Fu I use a call lightning pet, a fast flier with flock/swarm and pretty much any mechanical pet to finish them off. Something with batter like Cogblade raptor will absolutely destroy him when it comes in.

For Chi-Chi I use a Voodoo Figuring/Senjin Fetish with an ooze. Spam Flamebreath and refresh Wild Magic on the rez turn. Then corrosion/Acidic goo. Chi-Chi will just melt away. I usually have a wisp or lamp as a third pet but he's never needed.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 11th, 2014, 2:21 pm

I find the Celestials to be pretty much trivial really. The real issue is the preliminary battles. I struggle with those every time. That's where we need some real guides/help! 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » June 11th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Except when RNG messes me up, I've had a lot of success following the wowhead guide for it.

In particular, I use the original strategy except for the tamers below:
Taran Zhu - Bunny Love
Chi-ji - Snailception (Not all my snails aren't even max level: 23, 24, and 25 repsectfully.)(Seriously, Snailception is awesome. I save your Chi-ji team as an absolute emergency for Xu-fu)
Yu'la, Broodling of Yu'lon - GG (I have the Wolvar pup as my third pet. Only had RNG really mess me up once where I needed to use him)

Some tamers that have given me some RNG issues:
Dr. Ion Goldbloom - Original Strategy. First week I faced them only. Have seen them twice now, had no trouble the second week.

Shademaster Kiryn - Original Strategy. If I can't get that curse of doom on the second pet, Stormoen tends to murder the turnip before it dies. Had issues with him this last week alone, will have to do some more testing next time.

Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen - Original Strategy. I always do him first because he's the most RNG dependent of the four. If my original strategy fails, I go do Zao and see if I have the raptors/Sunreaver Micro-Sentry still alive. (If so, I may cheese heals by initiating the fight with a Blossoming Ancient, and quitting after using the AoE heal repeatively to get them back up to stuff) If that fails, I use the other two strategies listed.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » June 11th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Kel wrote:I find the Celestials to be pretty much trivial really. The real issue is the preliminary battles. I struggle with those every time. That's where we need some real guides/help! 8-)
I'd agree. I think part of it is the Tamers rotate so you don't see as many people trying new strategies with them. They just get past them and move on. Not to mention that at least 3 of the 4 Celestial's can be beaten with the same team.

I've been playing around with teams for the Tamers the last two weeks instead of just running in and beating them and in some ways I think they are harder than the Celestials. The last two weeks Tamers have both had magic pets with humanoid attacks which means they are strong against the dragonkin you'd normally want to use to take them down. This week actually has two of those pets. I'm also finding Trike with his stupid Horn Attack to be a pain to deal with reliably.

Sully on the other hand seems to be a joke to beat as there are tons of easy options as counters for all three of his pets.

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » June 11th, 2014, 3:40 pm

I spent a couple weeks getting enough pets to disperse thru the whole thing with different ones but like abilities so I don't duplicate. Obviously you need a full pet for each fight because you can't heal.

Group 1
Wise Mari
Any Moth (Dust, Cocoon, Strike, Strike, Strike) Swap at enemy death
Mech Panda Dragon (Decoy, Thunderbolt, Breath, Breath til death or decoy if it gets that far again)
Moth back out (Dust, Cocoon to avoid big stuff), Strike
Any Frog (Jet, Kiss) heal if needed

Bling 4000
Panda Water Spirit (Whirlpool, Dive, Jet, Jet, Whirlpool, Swap)
Core Hound Pup (Howl, Burrow, Thrash, Thrash, Howl, Swap)
Phx Hatchling (Immolate, Conflag, Burn Burn Burn)

Shademaster Kiryn
Lofty Libram (Amplify, Curse, Arcane, Arcane, Amplify, Arcane, Arcane, Curse if avail or Arcane til dead)
Terrible Turnip (Sunlight, Tidal Wave, Leech Seed, Tidal, Tidal, Tidal, Sunlight, Tidal) At this point if enemy is dead pass twice because the wold that comes out has a 2 round dodge combo. (Leech, Sunlight, Tidal til dead)
Darkmoon Tonk (Shock and Awe and Ion Cannon when wolf not dodging)

Group 2
Loremaster Cho
Nether Fairie Dragon (Moonfire, Arcane until enemy dead, Life Exchange, Arcane until dead)
2 Spiders with over 254 speed that have Strike, Brittle Web. Use those to kill and Leech to heal (not when he has Amplify on tho)

Dr. Ion Goldbloom
Warbot (Minefield, Swap)
Nexus Hatchling (Arcane Storm, Mana Surge, swap when enemy swaps and new pet gets hit by minefield)
Warbot (use Rocket and Missile to kill enemy, when he dies put out Minefield, Missile til dead)
Wild Crimson Hatchling (Lift Off to avoid, Breath to kill, Heal to heal)

Sully The Pickle
Any Frog over 264 speed (Lash, Flies, Heal, Lash, Lash, Swarm, Heal - continue until dead)
Sandy Petrel (Cyclone always up, Thrash, Lift Off to avoid Burrow and then Bloodfang on next pet)
Any Moth (Dust, Slicing Wind, Cocoon to avoid a Gnaw or Bloodfang)

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » June 11th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Group 3
Chen Stormstout
Clockwork Gnome (Turret, Fist 3-4 times until enemy dead, Gnome needs to stay until sleep is cast on him, then Swap)
Anubisath Idol (Sandstorm, Crush 3-4 times until enemy dead, Deflection after new enemy comes in, Crush until dead)
Panda Water Spirit (Geyser, Heal, Jet, Jet, Jet - continue until win)

Wraithion
Any Prairie Dog/Marmot (Chomp, Chomp, Burrow, Crouch, Chomp til dead)
Scourged Whelping (Dreadful Breath (x3), Call Dark, Dread Breath (x3) - repeat until enemy dead, at enemy swap Tail Sweep til dead)
Curious Wolvar Pup (Brew, Punch unless one punch will do it)

Taran Zhu
Any Snail (Shield, Absorb, Dive, Absorb) At 50% enemy will fiegn ans swap so swap on the round they will and you won't lose turn
Any Moth (Dust, Alpha, Cocoon, Alpha, Alpha - continue til death)
Blighthawk (if one hit will kill enemy use Ghostly Strike, if not use Infected Claw first, Lift Off, Claw, Strike - unless blind, Claw - continue to dead)
Snail (Shield, Dive, Absorb - until win)

If you look at my pets, most all of my faves are marked because those are the ones I use for CT.

I also use a Pet Battle addon that saves all of my teams for me so I simply have to hit their button and they all 3 load without digging for them.

You can actually rename the teams, get a second addon called Safari Hat that always puts your hat on in a battle, but additionally it will auto load a team that is named the same thing as the person you are fighting. I never use that, because i like my teams in numerical order, but that's a nice option.

Kel

Post by Kel » June 11th, 2014, 4:36 pm

I also use Pet Battle Teams, awesome add-on.

I stopped using Auto-Safari Hat because it would, more often than not, not put my hat on before the battle. Yet it would take my hat off every single time. :?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 16th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Lil Bling is like really, really REALLY good against Chen Stormstout's beast pet tonsa. Make it Rain and Inflation simply decimates him.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 17th, 2014, 9:50 am

Kel wrote:I stopped using Auto-Safari Hat because it would, more often than not, not put my hat on before the battle. Yet it would take my hat off every single time. :?
strange allways works for me - PLUS if you name your pet teams arcodingly it will auto switch the pet teams
Badpathing wrote:Also, is it me, or isn't the hardest part of the tourney the trainers BEFORE the celestials? The celestials are quite easy.
No youre right that is the ONLY hard part thus I never understood why people only posted strats for the easy 4s....

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » June 17th, 2014, 1:02 pm

Except when I posted my strats for the rest of the teams above.

Kel

Post by Kel » June 17th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Voskres wrote:Except when I posted my strats for the rest of the teams above.
LOL!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kel

Post by Kel » June 23rd, 2014, 5:53 pm

Jesus Christ, the C.T. totally kicked my ass this past week. I know, I still have today to try and beat it. But I'm at my wit's end here. I'm totally stuck on Chen. He is just beating my ass.

I tried the following team after seeing the above post:
[url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/mechanical/robots/menagerie-custodian/]Menagerie Custodian[/url] (Zap, S&A, Ion Cannon)
[url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/humanoid/miscellaneous/anubisath-idol/]Anubisath Idol[/url] (Crush, Sandstorm, Deflection)
[url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/aquatic/crustaceans/spirebound-crab/]Spirebound Crab[/url] (Rush, Heal, Whirlpool)

I don't have a Clockwork Gnome, so that wasn't an option for the opening pet. I went with the Custodian 'cause it had worked for the previous 4 times I've done that battle (already did 12 weeks to earn each pet). I did swap in the Idol after reading this guide. Basically, my issue has become that the damn Idol misses more often than not. I want to chalk it up to bad RNG, but we're talking, no joke, about 15 battles where I lost due to at least 3 misses in a row on the Idol. I feel like the Custodian has his part down just fine. And the crab needs a little RNG, but he does ok. You really need that whirlpool to hit hard. But that middle slot is just killing me. And the Idol did NOT answer it for me. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » June 23rd, 2014, 6:11 pm

Try a core fire imp or a Lil bad wolf for your second pet. Rush is 100% hit chance and does decent dmg with the racial bonus. Howl + claw should own the second pet pretty quickly too and has less chance of missing than the idol.

Kel

Post by Kel » June 23rd, 2014, 6:40 pm

I may try the Wolf. My Imp is still level 1 so I'd have to level him first. But the Wolf can go now. Thanks for the reply.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kel

Post by Kel » June 23rd, 2014, 10:58 pm

Ok, huge thank you! The Lil' Bad Wolf was the ticket. Once I got past that, real easy roll for the rest. I did get a little worried when Yu'La critted my Bonkers before I was able to kill him, but I had a Water Spirit to fall back on.

Again, huge thanks for the tip!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » June 25th, 2014, 4:49 pm

all 4 celestials can be done with chromi/water spirit. it's just a matter of the third pet and timing. u can even use the same chromi/water spirit for each fight. start with xufu cuz he's the only one that hits on first round, then use a brew pup or a cricket for team heal since the other 3 don't hit on turn 1 and u can keep healing and forfeiting. basically: geyser > whirlpool > chromi > howl > surge. for yu'la clean up with peddlefeet with: lovestruck > shot thru the heart.