My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Silver_dragon
Top Rater
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 2nd, 2013
Pet Score: 4034
Realm: Icecrown-US

Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Silver_dragon » June 6th, 2014, 10:29 am

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, did a quick search and didn't see anything and I have to rage a little.

Dusty slept me 6 times in a row (only way that fight goes south for me) on his first attack. The tool tip says 25% chance to sleep which I don't believe.

Go go Blizzard's RNG, I want 10 min alone in a room with that programmer.

User avatar
Kel
 
Posts: 455
Joined: March 12th, 2014
Pet Score: 4447
BattleTag®: TerribleTim#1747
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Kel » June 6th, 2014, 11:56 am

I totally agree! And it still drives me nuts how a 75% hit chance can miss 5 times in a row! That's not 75%!!!!!! :oops:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

User avatar
Kpb321
 
Posts: 938
Joined: April 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 3924
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Kpb321 » June 6th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Silver_dragon wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned before, did a quick search and didn't see anything and I have to rage a little.

Dusty slept me 6 times in a row (only way that fight goes south for me) on his first attack. The tool tip says 25% chance to sleep which I don't believe.

Go go Blizzard's RNG, I want 10 min alone in a room with that programmer.


Yeah even worse it should only sleep if it actually hits and it has a 80% hit chance so the actual rate should be 20%. Unfortunately, random doesn't mean that every 5th attack will sleep and that would actually be the opposite of random. There can and will be short stretches where it sleeps much more often than that and other times when it will sleep much less often than that.

User avatar
Kel
 
Posts: 455
Joined: March 12th, 2014
Pet Score: 4447
BattleTag®: TerribleTim#1747
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Kel » June 6th, 2014, 1:45 pm

What drives me nuts is how effective sleep is for the NPC to use on me. But when I manage to sleep one of the NPC's pets they always swap it out, which totally blows my battle strategy out of the water!
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

User avatar
Kpb321
 
Posts: 938
Joined: April 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 3924
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Kpb321 » June 6th, 2014, 2:58 pm

That's why I try to avoid strategies that rely on abilities with a chance to sleep/stun etc. Theoretically, you can build your team and strategy so that you are okay when that happens but it's simpler to just avoid the possibility. I do use some strategies that rely on things that are 100% chance to stun to force the swap tho and those can work well. I also use things like Shock and Awe in strategies I just make sure it's a finisher so it doesn't have a chance to mess me up.

User avatar
Graven
 
Posts: 541
Joined: October 31st, 2008
Pet Score: 4412
Realm: Terenas-EU

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Graven » June 7th, 2014, 5:39 am

Agree, I've always found that moth to be annoying too. Luckily the whole team is so easily soloable by p/p Emerald proto whelp I can forgive a bit of RNG frustration. :)

User avatar
Jazeel
 
Posts: 260
Joined: June 2nd, 2009
Pet Score: 4870
Realm: Saurfang-US

Re: Whispering Pandaren Spirit Tamer - die Dusty die!

Postby Jazeel » June 10th, 2014, 12:48 am

I use Xu-fu to weaken the heck out of the team, swap in a lvl 12 plus pet for the xp after drake dies, then finish off the rest with a nexus whelpling.


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests