Goz Banefury

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tennberg
Pet Score:2251
Realm:Moonrunner-us
Goz Banefury

Post by Tennberg » November 20th, 2012, 3:26 am

So, the only way to beat this guy is to have a lvl25 aquatic, lvl25 dragonkin, and lvl25 mechanical? I only have 3 lvl25s right now - aquatic, elemental, and humanoid. I've been beating my head against this for far too long. My highest dragonkin is lvl12 (Spawn of Onyxia), and my highest mechanicals are 13 (Mini Thor), 16 (Robo Chick), and 17 (Rabid Nut Varmint). Does this mean leveling for a while? :(

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Re: Goz Banefury

Post by Mairin » November 20th, 2012, 6:10 am

It's been a while but I believe I beat him with an azure whelp, blighthawk and phoenix hatchling. The azure whelp works as a reasonable counter to his magic pet, my phoenix was spec'd into heal and aura (going for attrition rather than his conflag combo) and the blighthawk can avoid a nasty attack by flying high and being undead has the extra turn to put the boot in. Unfortunately I don't remember the actual fight all that well sorry :(

All that being said, I definately didn't have a L25 mech or aquatic at the time so it's possible without them.

Devoile
Pet Score:12554
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Devoile » March 19th, 2013, 3:17 pm

On Goz I used my softshell snapling, nexus whelpling and disgusting oozeling. They did just fine.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 20th, 2013, 12:46 pm

I really don't remember Goz or what I used for him but I do know there were several Tamers, especially when I got to Northrend, where I had to go back and level other pets in order to continue progression. By the time I got to Pandaria Tamers I had leveled one of every pet family.

Also, if you go capture a Stunted Yeti and use him to solo Critter teams in The Heartland you'll be able to level your pets pretty quickly. You could max out a couple level 10's in an hour or less, I'm sure.

Malekith
Pet Score:4448
Realm:Los Errantes-eu

Post by Malekith » September 8th, 2015, 11:32 am

My two pets strategy for Goz Banefury was using [pet]Pocket Reaver[/pet] (1,2,1)and [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] (1,2,2). Chaining [ability]Quake[/ability] with [ability]Heartbroken[/ability] + [ability]Tympanic Tantrum[/ability] in order to defeat the 2nd and third pet confronting only the first.