Celestial Tournament Challenge with Wild Pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Re: Celestial Tournament Challenge with Wild Pets

Post by Profane » June 4th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Not talking about using 3 on a team, I'm talking about even 3 on a strat period. I'm trying to spread it out more so I wouldn't even need 3 of the same pet going into the scenario. (With your example of rabbits, I have a couple at 25, but I don't wanna have to use 3 on one team and then need 2 more on the rest of the strat, for example.)

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » June 4th, 2014, 9:16 pm

@Hatkins: Yes, that's why I proposed this challenge. Most of those guides needs Raid or Rare Drops pets. For beginner's its really difficult to obtain or buy those pets. I got really frustrated when I realized that I leveled some pets and figured out that I leveled the wrong ones for the tournament! lol :)
I am about to start doing Celestial tourny to complete my collection and I did not find a definitive guide that most players could use.
I am very happy that we have the best battle pet players around here and I hope we finish this challenge with a definitive guide for Celestial Tournament.
All wild pets are ok, even if you have to create a strat that needs more than one of the same type, but lets be reasonable as kpb stated 3 x SS Flayer Youngling is tottaly out of the scope of this challenge. Reputation pets are ok too, but as discussed earlier in the thread we should try to cap to the ones that most of the wcp community owns. But, as said before, the goal here is end up with a reasonable and comprehensive guide to all players, so, you can make your own judgement whether to use a pet or not! :)

Thanks to kpb and all others too, I am really proud to be part of this thread.

Best regards, Opteron

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 12th, 2014, 2:32 pm

I know this thread kinda died out but I think I'm ready to call it done so here's my take on a CT guide with wild pets. I'm open to comments and feedback on how it worked for other people.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WRF ... sp=sharing

I'll probably post it on here when I get a chance but I'm sure it will end up taking several posts to do that.

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Opteron » July 12th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Hi Kpb, thank you very much for your reply in this thread.
I am very happy that someone put a huge effort to come up with this great guide!
I started with Celestial a couple of weeks ago and I did try a lot of teams and setups that was posted here.
But, I am pretty sure there's no similar guide regarding Celestial Tournament in such depth, richness and easy to find pets like this guide you wrote.
I really hope that a moderator could see this thread and read your guide and include it in the guides section of this site. That's what I aimed for when I first created this challenge.
Anyway, I proposed this challenge and I reserved a prize for the 1st one to post the guide. And, you really deserve it!
Hit me in-game, so you can choose what you will want!
Congrats and thanks again for your hard work on this!
Best regards, Opteron

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 13th, 2014, 4:59 am

Kpb = congrats on making that excellent guide ~ easy read .. I'm interested in trying out your teams just for variety. :)

Opteron ~ very cool of you to front the idea and reward ..people need all the help they can get with the CT for sure !

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » July 13th, 2014, 6:45 am

I'm probably doing the Celestial Tournament today anyway, I'll see what trainers I defeat how, and post the results in this post :)

Edit: Changed my mind, the Celestial Tournament pisses me off, stupid Blingtron is way too OP for regular pets.

I forgot how much I hate the Celestial Tournament. Three unlucky misses in a row on Chi-Chi, and now I may have to do the entire tournament all over again.

Edit 2: Azure Whelpling + Red Cricket saved the day. (Chi-Chi strategy - unfortunately not catchable pets >.<)
Edit 3: Azure Whelpling can be replaced with Nexus Whelpling (Wild pet) and the Red Cricket can be replaced by any two critters with a Swarm/Stampede-type ability (Also on many wild pets). Just apply Wild Magic twice or something, and then swap to your critter.

Turn 1: Wild Magic
Turn 2: Ice Tomb
Turn 3: Swap to Red Cricket (for free)
Turn 4: Swarm

She died reasonably easy this way actually, perhaps I should use this instead of my other strategy.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » July 13th, 2014, 9:55 am

Tek,

Thanks. It was interesting to try and find new teams and new strategies for the Tournament instead of just plowing through it with my teams I had been using. Some of the teams/pets I found have become part of my preferred teams replacing what I had.

Petta,

Blingtron wasn't one of the one that was hard for me when doing his strategy. The biggest thing I think is that a crab or Shale Hatchling for the second pet can come out pretty much unscathed leaving two pets for Lil' B which makes it pretty easy.

For Chi-Chi my second strategy is my favorite and the one I've been using since the start. The Fetish/Figuring makes sure you can leave a dot up and wild magic on him and then the ooze just piles on more debuffs. Alternatively, you get wild magic up with him and hit rot and Stampede is even more effective. I tried just Wild Magic and Stampede and it never felt reliable to me but it did work at least some of the time.

Pettea

Post by Pettea » July 13th, 2014, 10:04 am

(I meant the Blingtron trainer, but mostly his last pet I guess, since it's so extremely fast, even a speed/speed elemental isn't faster)

It's a bit hard to test out multiple times unless you forfeit the tournament, but I doubt the loss of Ice Tomb will cost a lot of momentum, if you must, the Nexus Whelpling can definitely apply Wild Magic again later in case the first Swarming Critter dies. I will attempt it next wednesday and report back here.

The challenge isn't 'easy' pets I might add, it's wild pets only :) But I'm sure that together we can device well-working strategies for all trainers in the tournament! Next wednesday we'll know if this Nexus Whelping + Two Swarmers will work reliably enough. After that I'll try another trainer, don't really want to do the entire tournament like this straight away since I still need the coins, and losses here are extremely frustrating.

We need wild pet strategies, that work all the time.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » July 13th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Aveia wrote:Ahh I just saw this! It sounds like fun :) Though I'd have to test it this week and next at least. Is there a deadline here?

No deadline but I just posted a guide and Opteron has messaged me about collecting the prize. If you still want to do something feel free. I'm also open to suggestions for my guide if you have any better teams.

Pettea,

I think it worked well for you because of the Red Cricket. It has an unusual amount of power and probably killed Chi-Chi in a single swarm. Any other random pet with Swarm or Stampede won't do that and you'll need two. The problem then becomes that you have to refresh Wild Magic which will probably kill off that pet and Chi-Chi can choose to use tranquility again which can buy her enough time to kill of your pets. I did try it on WoD beta because I never complete the tourney there and I did win but Chi-Chi didn't use a second tranquility and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have won if she had. My Nexus Whelpling was dead. My first rat was low enough that it probably wouldn't get in another hit and my second rat was half health and wouldn't have lasted long enough to fight through the heal, especially once Wild Magic drops.

For bling I think the easiest way to deal with the last pet is to basically have two pets to kill him. Having a Shale Hatchling or Crab that is nearly full health after finishing off the second pets makes him easy to finish off with a third pet.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » July 13th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Yeah. I've got a couple that I will carry pets on but it isn't great exp.

Pettea

Post by Pettea » July 14th, 2014, 9:01 am

Kpb321 wrote: For bling I think the easiest way to deal with the last pet is to basically have two pets to kill him. Having a Shale Hatchling or Crab that is nearly full health after finishing off the second pets makes him easy to finish off with a third pet.
Shale Hatchling or similar, copy that, will see if I can get one leveled in time and try it out!

Yehhboii
Pet Score:994
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Yehhboii » July 21st, 2014, 5:08 am

ill give this a go for sure word for word just gotta make sure i got all the pets 8-)