Last 100 stretch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Re: Last 100 stretch

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Not very funny bunnies!

Hopling
Spring Rabbit
Deweaponized Mech companion !

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Wisp you off your feet!

s/s Nordrassil Wisp
Emporer Crab
Warbot

the last 2 are there just cuz they are so nasty 8-)

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 6:39 pm

I don't mean to monopolize the thread but I'd hate for you to have to wait while so close

Crabs on ice!

Frigid Frosting~ he had slippery ice if you opt for it!
Spirit Crab
Emporer Crab

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Crawling to the finish line!

Crawling claw
Molten hatchling
Death adder hatch ...do you feel like a snake for winning with this guy?!

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » May 20th, 2014, 2:37 am

20-16
Team:
De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion(Thrash,Extra Plating,Demolish)
Spring Rabbit(Flurry,Dodge,Burrow)
Hopling(Crush,Poison Lash,Backflip)

Singing Sunflower, Ruby Droplet, Skunk. What a troll team. With no real stun or weather changing this was hopeless. Would have taken forever. Loss

S/S Death Adder Hatchling, 357 speed Moth, Squirrel. I perhaps should have used Extra Plating, but in the end the DAH did it’s thing and survived with 700 health. Loss.

Fossilized Hatchling, Infinite Whelpling, Lil’ Bling. The Hatchling took it’s toll with two BONESTORMS, but the Rabbit got it down. Dodging it took a few bites out of Bling. I switched to DWMC. After Extra Plating and two Demolish hits things looked better. After a couple of Thrashes the DWMC perished but left Bling easy pickings for the Rabbit. The Rabbit did some damage to the Whelpling but missed burrow and died. Backflip and then a missed Crush things were looking bad. Whelpling healed. Next Crush hit, sleeping gas didn’t procc but dragon got racial active. So next turn 80% Crush hit for the Win, else I would have lost. Win

Unborn Val’kyr, Death Talon Whelpguard, Anubisath Idol. DWMC took out the Unholy Ascension Valk but then died to the Death Talon Whelpguard. Hopling easily dispatched the Whelpguard. Together the Hopling and Rabbit took down the Idol to 200 health but in the end I missed a Backflip for a shot at winning, then the next Crush hit for the kill. Loss

Death Adder Hatchling, Silky Moth, Grizzly Squirrel. Rematch. I put the Hopling up against the Squirrel as a soft counter to its attacks. After things looked bleak it switched in the DAH got a Crush in the face. I put some Poison on the DAH while getting Poison Fang myself. Switched to Rabbit who got blinded. Dodge to avoid the Poison Fang. In came Moth who sleeped the critter… this has to be fixed. I switched to DWMC. Squirrel got a demolish while switching in and then died quickly to Thrash. Opponent bailed. Win

Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Tonk, Spawn of Onyxia. Hopling vs Tonk. Poison up for strong ticks, Minefield in return, Backflip to let the dot run. Missed Crush, Lock-On. Crush, Lock-On part 2 hurt. Crush, Missile. Backflip and Tonk dead. Crush on Spawn of Onyxia, got a hurtful Tail Sweep. Another Crush left the spawn with 250 but it used Lift-Off. 2 turns left on Minefield, i switched in the DWMC who got both Minefield and the Lift-off hitting. Thrash took care of the Spawn. Extra Plating made the DWMC manage to shave 800 health off the Gnome before dying. Two turrets up, I put in the Hopling for some Poison, Hopling died and gnome started Repair. One turret up and two flurry and poison ticks later the Gnome died before the Repair could land. Win

S/S Gooey Sha-Ling, Ominous Flame, Robo-Chick. Robo-Chick tried supercharge vs the Rabbit, easy to evade of course. Rabbit got the Chick down. After a dodge and flurry on the Sha-Ling I switched to DWMC. With Extra Plating it didn’t matter much that it took strong damage, it managed to bring down the Sha-Ling to 150. Rabbit in it took out the newly switched in Ominous Flame taking weak elemental hits. Opponent bailed for the last 100 health. Win

Clockwork Gnome, Kun-Lai Runt, Fel Flame. Hopling interruped and poisoned the Runt before switching to the Rabbit. Weak damage and no stun from Deep Freeze. Dodge, Flurry, Burrow avoided the dangerous Rampage, and when Burrow hit the Runt was dead. Gnome came in so I switched to Hopling for some poison, and then to DWMC for Extra Plating(turrets hit for 20 a pop with plating up). My opponent of course wanted to pair the Fel Flame with my mech so I switched in the Rabbit for a soft counter instead. While Hopling healed in back line the Gnome hurt quite a bit due to poison. Rabbit dead the Hopling took out the Flame and got another Poison on the Gnome. Opponent waved the flag. Win

Record: 5-3

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 20th, 2014, 3:34 am

15-11
Team
Crawling Claw(Shadow Slash,Ancient Blessing,Curse of Doom)
Death Adder Hatchling(Poison Fang,Puncture Wound,Blinding Poison)
Molten Hatchling(Burn,Cauterize,Magma Wave)

Kun-Lai Runt, Clockwork Gnome, Fel Flame. DAH vs Runt, I poisoned got slowed, switched to Claw who got stunned. In came Gnome. I made a bad move at the start switching in the Hatchling to move away turrets. It got killed for the effort without doing much of anything. Well DAH in the house, this thing just powered through the Gnome, then Runt came in and got Poison Fang. I switched to Claw and Deep Freeze missed. Claw and Flame duked it out and in the end the Flame was left alive with 180 health. DAH had no trouble mopping up the Flame or the 600 health Runt. Win

Darkmoon Tonk, Fel Flame, Kun-Lai Runt. Strangely enough the Blind didn’t make the Minefield miss when I switched the Claw in. The Poisoned tank got a CoD and switched for the Fel Flame as I switched back the DAH. The tonk switched back and got killed with no retaliation. Fel Flame got killed but left the DAH burning with 325 health. This is what sickens me. The DAH, with only 325 health and a dot, it still easily took 1150 health from the Runt leaving it poisoned. The Claw killed the runt. Win

Mechancial Pandaren Dragonling, Fossilized Hatchling, Corefire Imp. I made a bad decision to leave my slower Molten Hatchling up first. Even though I pulled some back, and got a nice CoD crit to one-shot the Imp it was never really close. Bad play. Loss

Darkmoon Tonk, Fel Flame, Kun-Lai Runt. Bailed at first sight. Win

Switch to S/S Molten Hatchling(Burn,Cauterize,Brittle Webbing)

Clockwork Gnome, Anubisath Idol, Unborn Val’kyr. Fun thing when Brittle Webbing hurt the Gnome more than the Turret shots hurt the Hatchling. Two turrets made for considerable damage. I lucked out with the Claw, not a single Shadow Slash missed, even during Sandstorm. And a timely Shadow Slash crit killed the Valk so I didn’t even have to dread risking a draw with the DAH. Win

Clockwork Gnome, Anubisath Idol, Unborn Val’kyr. Some bad play, but in the end I killed the Valk and it killed my DAH on its undead turn. Draw

Darkmoon Tonk, Fel Flame, Kun-Lai Runt. This time he stuck around. A bit fun when then Runt killed itself with Brittle Webbing thrashes. I had to sacrifice the Claw to taking out the Tonk and CoD’ing the Flame. Beasts did the rest. Win

Record: 5-1-1

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 20th, 2014, 4:35 am

10-6
S/S Nordrassil Wisp(Light,Flash,Arcane Explosion)
P/P Emperor Crab(Snap,Healing Wave,Shell Shield)
Warbot(Missile,Minefield,Extra Plating)

Droplet of Y’Shaarj, Unborn Val’kyr, Son of Animus. Wisp got a CoD but then the Valk missed two Haunts. Arcane Explosion did some weak damage and my opponent thought to use their own AoE. The Wisp took out the Droplet and managed to hurt the others a bit more. Warbot made a minefield knowing it would be haunted. Warbot almost managed to kill the Son but a couple of missile misses made it not so, still it managed to kill the Valk with a second minefield. AoE weakened emperor crab hit both snaps to kill the Son of Animus. Close. Win

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Fossilized Hatchling, Corefire Imp. Not much to do when you got weak attacks and strong against you. Loss.

Anubisath Idol, Clockwork Gnome, Unborn Val’kyr. Even though I got the Idol down, a bad choice and a untimely missed Snap spelled defeat for my certain win. Dammit. Loss

Switch from Arcane Explosion to Soul Ward.

Anubisath Idol, Clockwork Gnome, Unborn Val’kyr. Rematch. Much better. I don’t think I have ever seen so many misses. Crush with -50% to hit was just lol. The Wisp took out the Idol then the Crab could easily, with full health, take out the Blitzing/Turret Gnome and Valk. Win

Triple Darkness birds. Very unmatched vs the Crab. Loss

Anubisath Idol, Clockwork Gnome, Unborn Val’kyr. Rematch again. Slightly worse, guess I just didn’t have as much luck with blind misses. But still solid win in the end. Valk just can’t touch the Crab. Win

Jade Oozeling, Strand Crab, Cat. Crab took out Oozeling. Wisp hurt the Cat bad and cat missed while blinded. Opponent fled. Win

Dread Hatchling, Anubisath Idol, Darkmoon Rabbit. Fun fight. Wisp did excellent against the Hatchling and because my opponent seriously wanted to brings his Rabbit against the Wisp I often got a Soul Ward up and then I moved it back to bring the Crab against the Rabbit. This meant I could often switch back the Wisp without any danger of taking damage and all cool downs reset. So we danced for a while until my opponent made a mistake to stampede in a sandstorm. Crab didn’t have to do Shell and Heal but could claw the rabbit to death instead. The 250 health Dread Hatchling and 300 health Idol fled. Didn’t even bring in the Warbot. Nice. Win

Record: 5-3

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 20th, 2014, 5:25 am

If you need another team to finish it ....

:twisted: Eyes on the Prize !!! :twisted:

Darkmoon eye
Eye of the Legion
Arcane Eye

....and a huge congrats for what(in my opinion) is one of the toughest grinds in WoW !! :mrgreen:

PS .. I saw your evaluation of the Emerald turtle on the pet comment page.. if you catch the h/b one (1790 health 257pwr, 240speed) it has a strong vs flyer emerald bite.. good health -it has a shell defence/heal option and a 25% stun headbutt (unless you prefer to powerball undead) ...if you run an aquatic atk buff team this guy can face flyers adequately... obviously not a triple flyer team though and the popularity of cyclone teams is a pain admittedly

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 20th, 2014, 5:39 am

Bringing some own teams for the last five, thanks for supplying some teams people.

Rascal-Bot(Phaser,Amber Prison,Armageddon)
Vengeful Porcupette(Powerball,Spirit Spikes,Flank)
Voodoo Figurine(Shadow Slash,Immolate,Sear Magic)

Unborn Val’kyr, Anubisath Idol, Spawn of Onyxia. After two turns of undead duking it out it was clear it was an Unholy Ascension Valk. I switched to the Rascal-Bot to Amber the undead turn. Sadly my Voodoo got killed quickly by the Idol. Had to pit the Porcupette against it. Alas, a full health Spawn of Onyxia vs my already failsafed Bot was no match. Loss

Unborn Val’kyr, Anubisath Idol, Spawn of Onyxia. Vengeful Porcupette took out the Valk in 4 turns. This time it did get off Unholy Ascension. This time though I had a full health Figurine who took out the Idol and my opponent fled with all my three pets alive. Win

P/S Arctic Fox Kit(Flurry,Crouch,Dazzling Dance)
Mr.Wiggles(Diseased Bite,Crouch,Headbutt)
Death Talon Whelpguard(Blitz,Spiked Skin,Clobber)

Smolderweb Hatchling, Anubisath Idol, Ash Viper. This Idol didn’t miss any Demolishes even in Sandstorm. This just made the game a laugh, too much damage with too little in return since I of course missed Diseased Bites in Sandstorm. Loss

Anubisath Idol, Treasure Goblin, Lil Xt. XT had thrash and got double hits so really punished my pig. Whelpguard stopped the Tantrum. Idol killed the Whelpgaurd, Pig killed Idol. Xt killed Pig, dammit no stun. Fox killed XT. Now I had crouch and dazzling dance up, but with weak flurry only hitting twice I couldn’t get the Goblin down before Crouch ran out, then dead Fox. Loss

Anubisath Idol, Treasure Goblin, Lil Xt. I made some better match ups and finally Blitz really hurt when dragonkin racial kicked in. It managed to kill both the Idol and XT. Diseased Bite punished the Goblin and the wolf manage to handle it this time. Win

Jademist Dancer(Steam Vent,Rain Dance,Acid Rain)
Azure Crane Chick(Quills,Cleansing Rain,Surge)
Spirit Crab(Snap,Whirlpool,Shell Shield)

Darkmoon Tonk, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Menagerie Custodian. Dancer vs Tonk, Acid Rain got a weak missile. Missed a Steam Vent got a Minefield. Hit a Steam Vent on incoming Dragonling. Missed a Steam Vent got some AoE. Hit a Steam Vent got a Decoy. Acid Rain took out decoy, got damage by breath. Rain Dance healed up, Breath missed. Buffed Steam Vent made dragooning failsafe. Opponent fled. Win

S/S Prairie Mouse(Flurry,Poison Fang,Stampede)
Minfernal(Crusch,Extra Plating,Meteor Strike)
P/P Ravager Hatchling(Rend,Screech,Rampage)

Pandaren Earth Spirit, Living Sandling, Anubisath Idol. Poison Fang and Stampede took out the Earth Spirit. Got a Stampede on the Sandling. Ravager Hatchling started Rampage. Idol switched in and hit Demolish in Sandstorm ofc. Minfernal did Meteor Strike to end the Idol. Extra Plating up, got slowed. 4 Crushes hit through sandstorm to kill the Sandling. Win

Back to one of my first teams ever.
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling(Crystal Prison,Feign Death,Thrash)
Blighthawk(Infected Claw,Consume Corpse,Lift-Off)
P/P Imperial Eagle Chick(Thrash,Cyclone,Lift-Off)

Gilnean Raven, Amber Moth, Blighthawk. Blighthawk vs Raven. Two Infected Claws got it below 50%, so I switched in the Basilisk. Even with weak Thrashes this should go quick. Only hit twice for two turns, and when I was about to use crystal prison to avoid Nocturnal Strike it missed in darkness. Pretty much sealed this game, sigh. Nocturnal Strike crit for 900 which killed the Basilisk. Imperial Eagle killed the Raven. It also killed the Blighthawk for whom Consumed Corpse missed(!). Still lowish slower Blighthawk with no shot at a heal before dying and a severely weakened Eagle was easy for the Moth to mop up. Loss

Gilnean Raven, Amber Moth, Blighthawk. Rematch. Same start, two infected claws brought the raven down below 50%, but a crit had made the Blighthawk only stay alive with 150 health. I switched in the Eagle. I cast cyclone to do some back line damage, next turn some thrashes. Now Nocturnal Strike was up again so I used Lift-Off to avoid it. Luckily the Lift-Off hit to kill the Raven. Blighthawk came in. Two turns in a row Thrash hit three times, and with 341 power that really hurts. It actually killed the Blighthawk on the turn he did Consume Corpse, and the round before it’s Claw had missed. I cast another cyclone while taking a Claw. Moth used Cocoon, while I used Thrash, the cyclone always destroys cocoons so I couldn’t use the great move of Lift-Off to avoid two turns. Moth dusted the Eagle. It was “safe” to bring in the Blighthawk since both Cocoon Strike and Moth Dust was on cooldown, so it wouldn’t be wasted turns as such. Two Infected Claws brought the Moth low and blight hawk dead. A full health faster Basilisk Hatchling took the floor. Crystal Prison and finished full health with some Thrashes. I could kiss the little beast. Win

Done! :)

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 21st, 2014, 5:42 am

Tekulve2012 wrote: I saw your evaluation of the Emerald turtle on the pet comment page.. if you catch the h/b one (1790 health 257pwr, 240speed) it has a strong vs flyer emerald bite.. good health -it has a shell defence/heal option and a 25% stun headbutt (unless you prefer to powerball undead) ...if you run an aquatic atk buff team this guy can face flyers adequately... obviously not a triple flyer team though and the popularity of cyclone teams is a pain admittedly
I just don't believe, right now, that turtles are very good. Not sure but in my "meta" I very rarely face Flying pets other than the Call Darkness(Crow/Gilnean Raven/Dread Hatchling) birds. This combination of Call Darkness and strong vs Aquatic attacks severy limit any potential that Emeral turtle has with it's strong attack.

Since you are facing flying pets you don't need any speed at all, especially when you got available range from 227-240. So either you want max Health or some more Power, still difference between 244 and 260 Power is hardly noticable.

With Darkness up healing wave is just a lost turn, you will heal barely half a hit from a bird, so then you can only use Shell Shield. Powerball will get you nowhere, you will be dead long before you catch up to the speed of the bird, except maybe the Dread Hatchling. And the problem with Headbutt is that it is also weak against flying. You really can't catch a break with turtles it seems.

They do however have insane amount of health and can of course be somewhat useful against other birds or other pet families(undead is a no brainer). But when comparing the pretty weak powered heal or Shell to a Crab that can have both, well I just don't find it compelling to grab the turtle instead.

For the Emerald Turtle you might actually want a Moonlight team instead, for bonus damage to Emerald Bite and bonus to the heal as well. Perhaps something I will explore sometime.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2014, 8:13 am

Hiya Vek
I repeat my grats on the 5k, after 1k wins, I decided to focus on pet leveling and transmog collecting but I do enjoy tinkering with teams for fun...I ran the Emerald turtle a couple of times as an addon with the Emporer Crab that I've used a lot and I found it useful enough but as you say not great.

Even though you've surely had enough pet pvp for 10 lifetimes,I hope you'll check out the Shimmershell snail breed with the 305 pwr though .. its hilarious to pump up his hp with a healer and also sunlight ..he is as slow as molasses but hits hard and tanks well. Not that the strat. above makes for a viable pvp team since there are too many switches involved. The critter racial is valuable enough in pet pvp though since a lot of teams try to stun...

Speaking of racials-if only Blizz. would consider Cyclone a DOT and work that into the math but I suppose aquatics would have too big an advantage :|

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 21st, 2014, 8:55 am

Thanks Tekulve. :) I mainly do the Pet PVP as a means to level alts, I can't stand to do all the same quests again and again.

Well I can't say I have had too much experience running with Turtles, since it has gone pretty bad those time that I had done it.

I will check out that snail, not sure I have the correct breed.

Yea especially running triple aquatics you it's not a bad idea to bring a wave ability.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 21st, 2014, 10:10 am

So the more i look into it, the more a Shimmershell Snail team may work,

I think the Soul of the Aspects for sunlight and some team healer ...Alteric Brew Pup might work or a pet like Yula with celestial blessing to mitigate damage.

The snail has absorb which would do very well vs the numerous humanoid pets out there and it has a shield(though acidic goo may be way better to hurt undead and boost atk power)..it has dive too to avoid big hits