Last 100 stretch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu
Re: Last 100 stretch

Post by Vek » May 18th, 2014, 6:18 am

63-61
Team:
Giant Bone Spider(Poison Spit,Sticky Web,Leech Life)
Warbot(Missile,Minefield,Extra Plating)
Fiendish Imp(Burn,Immolation,Nether Gate)

Actually gonna try something different with the Giant Bone Spider, long gone are the days when you could DoT something up and just switch them away to die in the back line, at least with this pet.

Creepy Crate, S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Zandalari Anklerender. Not really close sadly. BONESTORM and the Anklerender took a toll. DAH mopped up. Loss

Anubisath Idol, Unborn Val’kyr, S/S Death Adder Hatchling. Sandstorm misses, Stuns… it was a route. Loss

Switched to Bone Bite and Death Grip.

Anubisath Idol, Unborn Val’kyr, S/S Death Adder Hatchling. Another coulpe of Sandstorm misses and two Stuns. At least Death Grip allowed me to grip the hurt DAH into the minefield. DAH and Idol down this time, but Valk at full health. Loss

Magical Crawdad, S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Unborn Val’kyr. DAH and Valk down quickly. But I couldn’t touch the Crawdad. Bonespider attacks did 200 damage, and that was before Shell Shield…Imp just couldn’t get the job done either. Loss.

Switch to Poison Spit and Siphon Life…

Magical Crawdad, S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Unborn Val’kyr. Wee. Managed to get the Warbot against the Crawdad and even with Missile misses I ground it down. In the end I managed to just kill the DAH on the same turn as the spider got killed by a poison tick. Win

Lil’ Ragnaros, Cockroach, Electrified Razortooth. Finally something different. It’s a TRAP! Imp with weak damage vs Cockroach and Warbot with weak vs Razortooth…Still managed to get the job done. Win

Crawling Claw, Clockwork Gnome, Azure Whelpling. A surprise move by the Azure Whelpling and a bad switch one shotted my Imp. Still left the Gnome with 300 health for the loss. Bad play on my part. Loss

Unborn Val’kyr, Lil’Smoky, Anubisath Idol. Sandstorm blocking dots, Stuns proccing again. Missile misses.. It was a bit too much for me. Loss

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Dread Hatchling, Scourged Whelpling. Death Grip miss in darkness… sigh. And a frigging Burn miss in the Darkness when I would have won. Usually not having this many annoying misses, and I often count on missing one or two hits a game, but this is really annoying. Loss

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Dread Hatchling, Scourged Whelpling. Guess I messed with his intended plans this time. After keeping my cool with the Nether Gate I had gotten his Dragonling down a lot and I just switched out his Whelpling when he switched it in. Seems my opponent was not pleased by this turn of events and decided to flee. Win

Record: 4-6

Bonespider just feels like a weak link nowadays.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 18th, 2014, 6:21 am

Feels like I do a really bad showing here with these team, sorry. :)

60 to go.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 18th, 2014, 8:33 am

Opposites attract Team

Emporer Crab
FledglingBuzzard (hope you have the h/h breed)
And water's opposite-fire Lil Rags if you have it...if not, Fel flame

Consata
Top Rater
Pet Score:5304
Realm:Laughing Skull-eu

Post by Consata » May 18th, 2014, 8:57 am

Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen
Nether Faerie Dragon
Magical Crawdad / spiritbound crab

Moonlight from NFD + healing from crab + dmg from xu-fu. Can be fun :)

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 18th, 2014, 1:03 pm

You dropped your pocket !

Get some use out of that 341 power...
Pocket reaver / Emporer Crab / Unborn Valkyr

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » May 18th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Great job Vek. I pretty much retired a couple months ago with ~640 to go. Maybe I'll hit it up in the expansion again.

Why don't you try an oldie but goodie I had a lot of fun with back in 5.1 or so: s/s Alpine Hare (or any 357 rabbit), s/s Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling, and s/s Molten Hatchling. It might be a challenge to get a 50/50 record, but the speed is usually super fun.

Good luck!

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 18th, 2014, 6:10 pm

60-56
Team:
S/S Spring Rabbit(Flurry,Dodge,Burrow)
S/S Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling(Quills,Conflagrate,Flamethrower)
S/S Molten Hatchling(Leech Life,Cauterize,Brittle Webbing)

Dread Hatchling, Unborn Val’kyr, Infected Squirrel. Sigh. Double Flurry miss in Darkness…. whats up with Darkness and this thread. Sadly the Dread Hatchling took too much of a toll on my pets. Valk left standing with 78 health. Loss

Dread Hatchling, Unborn Val’kyr, Emperor Crab. Rabbit had no shot at the crab in the end. Loss.

Mechancal Pandaren Dragonling, Dread Hatchling, Scourged Whelpling. Why do I keep running into this guy…. Loss.

Switch to Burn, Sticky Web, Magma Wave.

Thundering Serpent Hatchling, Jademist Dancer, S/S Arctic Hare. Nice win. Spring Rabbit was the star. But Molten Hatchling removed the Cyclone. Win

Snow Cub, Dancing Water Skimmer, Tundra Penguin. Hmm. I put a web on the Snow Cub. They forfeit and I got an Elemental stone. Win

Giant Bone Spider, Unborn Val’kyr, Celestial Dragon. Bone Spider surprised me with Sticky Web and Leech Life. Ate up my low health pets. In the end it was my low hp rabbit vs almost full dragon. Loss

Switch back to Leech Life and Cauterize.

Tiny Twister, Fiendish Imp, Lil’ Bling. Dammit. Spring rabbit was a star player. But sadly the Imp was left with 67 health. Loss

S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Frosty, Gilnean Raven. Darkness birds really suck against this team. Loss

Pandaren Water Spirit, Ghostly Skull, Onyxian Whelpling. I had to sacrifice the Rabbit to the Whelpling. But the Molten Hatchling could win out over the Pandaren Water Spirit. Win

Thundering Serpent Hatchling, Jademist Dancer, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. Interesting fight. In the end I lucked out and got two turns of 3 flurry hits while the Jademist Dancer missed his 80%. Win

Unborn Val’kyr, Infinite Whelpling, Kun-Lai Runt. My opponent didn’t fancy the Valk facing the Rabbit so switched to the Runt with critter-killer Rampage. But I switched to the Molten Hatchling. Cauterize and Leech Life kept me at full health while getting the Runt to 132. In came Infinite, and sleeped my spider. Then sleeped my dragon hawk as well. Switched back to the spider who managed to heal up a bit before being killed by a big shot. Infinite whelping kept up good with own healing. But finally it didn’t sleep the dragon hawk and got killed by a Conflagrate. Almost full health Valkyr thought it was a good idea to CoD then Haunt my 700 health dragon hawk. In came the slow 132 health Runt. Valk lost while haunting. Win

Record: 5-6

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 18th, 2014, 6:10 pm

55-51
Team:
Pocket Reaver(Metal Fist,Quake,Fel Immolate)
Emperor Crab(Snap,Healing Wave,Shell Shield)
Unborn Val’kyr(Shadow Shock,Curse of Doom,Haunt)

Fossilized Hatchling, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Death Adder Hatchling. They put up the Hatchling for some BONESTORM and then started to bite me. But the Pocket Reaver stood firm and Quaked. And Quaked. And Quaked. And missed a Metal Fist. And hit a Metal First. And Quaked. And now that the DAH was almost dead and Quake had just killed the Hatchling and the Dragonling was down by a lot they fled. Win

Crimson Whelpling, Phoenix Hatchling, Panther Cub. Pretty easy win. Though the Phoenix Hatchling scared me with some strong Pecks before the dots killed it. Win

Giant Bone Spider, Jademist Dancer, Rapana Whelk. It came down to the Crab vs the Snail. Problem for the Snail was that Snap is a beast attack and hits very hard, as a bonus the Snail missed a dive. Win.

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Bonkers. Bonkers sadly survied. Loss

Jademist Dancer, Giant Bone Spider, Menagerie Custodian. A Ion Cannon Crit from the custodian pretty much destroyed my Reaver. Jademist dance could sadly mop up. Loss

Jademist Dancer, Giant Bone Spider, Menagerie Custodian. Rematch. Don’t know why but my opponent just fled at first sight. Win

Unborn Val’kyr, Kun-Lai Runt, Clouded Hedgehog. Emperor Crab really took care of this team. Only switched it out when fearing the stun from the Runt. But after the runt was dead to Haunt it was game over. Win

Record: 5-2

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » May 18th, 2014, 6:12 pm

I am sorry for providing beatles!
The team is supposed to be played with Apocalypse. It's tough to imagine how you could get any wins without Apocalypse, it's already weak with this ability. Apocalypse, surprisingly, can save the team.. sometimes! The team has some minor defense capabilities, that synergies (in ideal situations) with apocalypse. It was a horrible thematic team regardless of move-set, but I enjoy playing it.

This team won't be great, but it is much stronger than the previous one.
Yu'La, Spineclaw Crab, Shale Hatchling

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 18th, 2014, 6:32 pm

No worries there Awq. :) Perhaps should have tried that then. I did run with apocalypse a while back with a tanaris team. It worked sometimes, but often it fell a bit short. I do love the Golden Beetle though but now you got me hooked on the Savoury Beetle(never knew it was that speedy) instead, speed is king.

50-46
Team:
Xu-Fu(Spirit Claws,Feed,Prowl)
Nether Faire Dragon(Arcane Blas,Evanescence,Moonfire)
Magical Crawdad(Snap,Shell Shield,Wish)

Fel Flame, P/P Bonkers, Tolai Hare Pup. After Bonkers was dead the Crawdad went to work, but it actually had to switch to Xu-Fu to finish the Rabbit. Win

Grinder, Mr. Bigglesworth, Pebble. Prowl -> Feed -> dead Grinder. Switched to Dragon waiting for cool downs. Switch back. Prowl -> Surviving Rupture no stunning with 4 health - Feed heal and hit for 1100(ridiculous) -> dead Pebble. Win

Fel Flame, P/P Bonkers, Tolai Hare Pup. Since Bonkers had Bite instead of Jab I let the Nether Faire Dragon handle it quickly. Then Crawdad ate up both Fel Flame and the Hare. Win

Unborn Val’kyr, Infinite Whelpling, Lofty Libram. After the Whelpling and the Libram was gone my Crawdad squared off against the Valk. Win

Chrominius, Infinite Whelpling, Lofty Libram. I bet that my Xu-Fu would survive the howled Surge of Power, to make health back with a Prowl Feed, bad move. Then Infinite Whelpling proceeded to sleep me for two consecutive turns and one more later on. Whelpling left standing. Loss

Chrominius, Infinite Whelpling, Lofty Libram. Learned my lesson. Nether Faire Dragon soloed them all three. Win

Record: 5-1

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 2:58 am

45-41
Team:
Yu’La(Jadefire Lightning,Celestial Blessing,Life Exchange)
Spineclaw Crab(Rip,Healing Wave,Blood in the Water)
Amethyst Shale Hatchling(Burn,Poision Spit,Stone Rush)

3 x Fossilized Hatchling. Yu’La did some AoE and set up the Shale Hatchling with Blessing. The Shale Hatchling took out two Fossilized. Then it was down to the Crab and the last Fossilized, this fossilised had undead main attack. Win

Chi-Chi, Clockwork Gnome, Flamering Moth. Dammit should have had shell. Even though I tried to make Yu’La punish the birds and got a nice life exchange it could not survive Wild Magic and Chi-Chi. In the end Flamering Moth mopped up the Crab. Loss

Anubisath Idol, Darkmoon Tonk, Chrominius. All my three pets were still alive. Shale Hatchling really went to work on that tonk. Win

Cockroach, Jungle Darter, Grassland Hopper. True story. My opponent forgot to switch back the cockroach and the 900 health Jungle Darter died, while I sacrificed the 150 health Crab. Poison Spit saved me though for the annoying Grassland Hopper. Win

Anubisath Idol, Unborn Val’kyr, Magical Crawdad. Spineclaw Crab really punished this team, but not without the help of Yu’La two very nice life exchanges(one on Idol and one on Crawdad) and the Celestial Blessing. Shale Hatchling took out the Crawdad with a Stone Rush before Wish could land. And Yu’La AoE left the Idol with 10 health while handling the Valk. 700 speedy Shale Hatchling cleaned up. Win

3 x Fossilized Hatchling. Guess my opponent switched in his Claw Hatchling one to early since it only got in once hit, and finally missed a hit which it had not done in any of the previous fights. Crab could then handle the last one with a Rip and BitW. Win

Record: 5-1

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 3:19 am

40-36
Team:
P/P Emperor Crab(Snap,Healing Wave,Shell Shield)
H/H Fledgling Buzzard(Thrash,Adrenaline Rush,Lift-Off)
Fel Flame(Burn,Scorched Earth,Conflagrate)

Gilnean Raven, Blighthawk, Amber Moth. Well yea… weak Thrash. Emperor Crab weak to Lift-Off and both flyers. Loss.

3 x Fossilized Hatchling. Emperor Crab handled two solo, weak attacks hit the Shell Shielded crab for 150, something which the Healing Wave easily could handle. Win

3 x Fossilized Hatchling. This time my opponent had changed one of his attacks to Claw instead. This forced a draw. Draw

Peddlefeet, P/P Emperor Crab, Alpine Foxling Kit. Peddlefeet went down to Fel Flame. In came crab and put down a Whirlwind. I switched in my only evasion and used Lift-Off. While hanging in the sky my opponent decided to leg it. Win

Blue Clockwork Rocket Robot, Cat, Amethyst Shale Hatchling. I moved in the Buzzard so I could take the minefield with the Fel Flame. Used Lift-Off to avoid one rocket, not so fortunate with the second one, but still managed to finish the robot. The buzzard also managed to take care of the Shale Hatchling. The cat missed so I the minefield dissipated. Cat used Prowl while my 170 health bird was in the air…yes he killed the bird really good. Win

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Personal World Destroyer, Sunreaver Micro Sentry. Well after the Fel Flame destroyed the Destroyer my opponent fled. I feel for them, that was bad but that is the risk you take in running triple anything. Win

Pygmy Direhorn, Darkmoon Zeppeline, Lil’ Bling. I started with Fel Flame but my opponent went with the Direhorn so I switched to the Buzzard. The Buzzard took out the Direhorn, Adrenaline Rush is great, and managed to take out the Decoy and bring the Zeppeline down to 400 health before dying. The Fel Flame had no problem killing the two mechanicals. Win.

Record: 5-1-1

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 7:56 am

Vek! You don't have your very useful Shimmershell leveled ..305 power awaits!
I thought a tanky team could be made up featuring that one

In the mean time break out a baddie or 2

Who let the dogs out?
Core hound pup
XuFu
Moon moon
Any other wolf or doggie pet can be subbed in...but keep the Core hound

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 8:28 am

Sorry but I don't have the Core Hound Pup, gasp(!)

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 8:57 am

Sorry ...core hound is worth the effort though ...highly rec.

I got my eye on you!

Willy(eye can be undead if eye want!)
Death adder(spits in your eye)
Spring rabbit (eye get to go first!)

PS ... Cool of you to let us tag along for your final 100

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 11:25 am

35-31
Team
Willy(Tongue Lash,Eyeblast,Rot)
Death Adder Hatchling(Poison Fang,Puncture Wound,Blinding Poison)
Spring Rabbit(Flurry,Dodge,Burrow)

Mechancial Pandaren Dragonling, Fossilized Hatchling, Unborn Val’kyr. I let DAH up first, always a safe bet. Poison Fang on the Dragonling, it built a Decoy. Puncture Wound removed the Decoy with double hit while I took some AoE. Posion ticks are strong so I saved the Blind and kept nuking the Dragonling which possibly waited for the Blind to switch. DAH now down to 370 health and in came the Fossilized. Now I used blind so the BONESTORM missed. My opponent fled. Trolling trollers, sweet. Win

S/S Death Adder Hatchling, Zandalari Anklerender, Chi-Chi. My opponent won a couple of roll offs for same speed, in the end Willy killed the DAH while dying to a poison tick, one roll of going my way would probably changed the outcome. Draw.

Blue Clockwork Rocket Robot, S/S Death Adder Hatchling, S/S Death Adder Hatchling. Once again I played the DAH card right away, I faced off against the Robot. Posion Fang, while getting a 200 batter in return. Puncture Wound, while getting a 200 batter in return. I guess my opponent was waiting for Blind. When I finally did blind my opponent missed both the Sticky Grenade and then actually used Minefield too. The Robot was down, now the fun begins. Opponent won roll off for speed so I got blinded. Switching to Willy, got a single hit puncture wound. Eyeblast made the Adder slower and a Rot got it really low. Opponent switched. I used Eyeblast but got blinded. Switched to my DAH who got another not so dangerous puncture wound. I lost the roll for speed again so got poisoned but opponent got blinded, now I made a weak puncture wound when my opponent switched(damn I knew I should have done Poison Fang). My opponent won the roll for speed again so I got blinded. I switched to Willy. Repeat Eyeblast, Rot. Opponent switched so i got blinded. In with the Rabbit who ate a Adder. Facing down three opponents the last adder limped back under the rock it crawled from. Win

Unborn Val’kyr, S/S Death Adder Hatchling. Kun-Lai Runt. DAH vs DAH. This time I actually won the speed roll and blinded my opponent. They had enough and got out of there… Win

Mountain Panda, Lil’ Ragnaros, Forest Moth. DAH vs Panda worked out ok until Raggy came in to a Poison Fang. Raggy got a Puncture Wound while throwing down the trap. I took a shot to blind Raggy hoping the trap would go off after that. Raggy got another Poison Fang when casting Sons. I switched in the Rabbit since it would not be stunned or interrupted or take much damage form the trap. Used dodge to avoid some weak Sons damage and in the second dodge turn the trap went off. Raggy and then the Panda got eaten by the rabbit. I used dodge while the moth did Cocoon. Flurry then hit three times, only one blocked. Then got another double flurry hit while being slower. Finally the rabbit was dead. Willy came in. After another cocoon, and the dust not sleeping me, the moth got an Eyeblast then Rot and Willy could easily finish up due to being faster. Lady luck shines on me today. Win

3 x Anubisath Idol…. One and a half Idol down. Not much to do sadly. Sandstorm and weak attacks even with Rot. Loss

Old pal. Unborn Val’lyr, Infected Squirrel, Dread Hatchling. Im wise to his Haunt -> Stampede thing. After a few turns I wanted to save the DAH and Rabbit so had to sacrifice Willy to this combination. I got scared when I missed a Tongue Lash due to Darkness, but next turn it luckily hit 3 times to end the undead menace. Dodging rabbit managed to get in 2 hits on the Hatchling, then the Hatchling used Nocturnal strike to finish the rabbit, else it would have taken more damage. Now I took a chance. Poison Fang instead of Blind. My DAH got hit down to 250 health but the Poison Fang tick got the Hatchling below 50%. Now Blind -> Puncture Wound - Poison Fang finished this fight. Win

Record: 5-1-1

Well Tekulve, and all others in the thread, thanks for joining in and giving me some teams.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Pick your Poison

Jade Oozeling
Death adder hatchling
Yellow Moth(OK..no poison here but its a great battler and you're closing in on the finish line)

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 19th, 2014, 1:17 pm

If you finish quickly with the last team and need inspiration:

Good night Irene ! otherwise known as Turkey heartburn or Hell's Kitchen

Plump turkey
Netherspace abyssal
Fiendish imp

Sub in any burner pet for the 2 listed to turn up the heat

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 4:50 pm

30-26
Team:
Jade Oozeling(Ooze Touch,Creeping Ooze,Acidic Goo)
Death Adder Hatchling(Poison Fang,Puncture Wound,Blinding Poision)
Yellow Moth(Slicing Wind,Cocoon Strike,Moth Dust)

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Gilnean Raven, Death Adder Hatchling. Surprised me by starting with the Raven. Did a Poison Fang and switched to the Oozeling. Oozeling killed Crow and got AoE’d by Dragonling. I put my DAH up next and did Poison Fang which hit my opponents DAH on the switch. Almost counted on that. So now that I lost the roll to go first I still did half damage of Puncture Wound since that part does not get blinded. Then I switched to the Moth and finished the Adder with a lucky Dust hit. Moth did some damage to the Dragonling but most importantly it removed the Decoy. My damaged DAH had no trouble doing what it does best, kill with not much damage in return. Win

Clockwork Gnome, Grassland Hopper, Voodoo Figurine. My opponent made some switches to avoid poison, that is always risky but can be worth it. The Gnome tried a Turret + Repair move and even though it did kill the Oozeling it later died in back line due to dots. With the remaning turret the Figurine took the blind and the Hopper switched in to do stampede to kill my DAH. But the Moth could easily handle what was left. Of course I always count myself lucky when the Moth Dust hits. Win

B/B Unborn Val’kyr, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Son of Animus. I started with the DAH(works excellent as both a starter or a sweeper, still I truly hate it :) but was kind of nice to have against Valks and MPD's). The Val’kyr was up. I used Poison Fang taking the CoD. Then Blind when they tried haunting. Puncture Wound and poison tick and now the Valk was really starting to worry so it switched to the Dragonling who got a Poison Fang on the switch. I did another Poison Fang, Decoy came up. Used another Poison Fang to remove one Decoy stack got some AoE. Used Puncture Wound to remove last decoy and do some damage, got a breath in return. Blind and kill the Dragonling. Son of Animus came in so I moved back the DAH(even with 150 health they are very dangerous) which was replace by Ooze. Double Dots up while the Son took very little damage due to healing with Touch of Animus. Switched out the almost dead Ooze for the Moth to deny second round of healing. Moth dust hit and sleep procced, the Son died to dots. Valk fled. Win

H/H Fledgling Buzzard, 309 speed Tolai Hare, Fossilized Hatchling. Adder vs Buzzard, I did Poison Fang got a Cyclone. I switched to the Oozeling took some hits. Started to DoT and got Hawk Eye and three nice slicing wind hits. But Buzzard was down below 50% so Ooze Touch punished it bad. Rabbit came in and killed the Ooze. DAH in Poison Fang, Rabbit Dodge. I tried puncture wound vs dodge, no damage, got two flurry hits back. Blinding Poison to avoid the incoming Burrow, the Hare Burrowed. I passed, burrow missed since blinded. Poison Fang on incoming Hatchling. Puncture Wound got a BONESTORM. I switched in the Moth and got a DnD. Opponent did a double switch to avoid the Moth Dust by letting me double kill the Hatchling on the undead turn. But the poor Rabbit got severely punished by the 341 speed Moth. Win

Fossilized Hatchling, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling,Death Adder Hatchling. This Fossilized Hatchling surprised me a bit, always nice to be surprised. It actually knew it was going to be blinded so didn’t waste BONESTORM. Still Poison Fang was now up. I switched to the Oozeling while the Hatchling healed. Dotting it up and getting a BONESTORM and another hit in return. I switched back the DAH, with three dots up I was pretty sure the Hatchling would die so a Blind would serve it nicely, it did prolong it’s life with another heal but then after dots ticking it was left with 7 health and still one dot up that my opponent must have missed. Switching in the Dragonling to get a Poison Fang in the face while the Hatchling died in back row. I kept doing Poison Fang until the Dragonling had done it’s AoE and built a Decoy, then I punched through the decoy with Puncture Wound and got a breath. Another Blind would take care of the Dragonling and my opponent didn’t fancy his chances against my remaining team. Win

Record: 5-0

The DAH is surely overturned, at least the S/S breed. But I can't say I really mind using it against Mechanical Pandaren Dragonlings, Fossilized Hatchlings, Unborn Val'kyrs.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » May 19th, 2014, 6:00 pm

25-21
Team:
Turkey(Peck,Squawk,Food Coma)
Netherspace Abyssal(Crush,Immolation,Meteor Strike)
Fiendish Imp(Burn,Immolation,Nether Gate)

Fossilized Hatchling, Toothy, Emeral Proto Whelp. Hatchling vs Turkey. I did Food Coma, switch to Imp, cast Immolation, then switched out the Hatchling. Got a nice Burn on Toothy, got a bleed back. Switched to Turkey, Toothy missed Blood in the Water. Tooty tried Surge, but Peck just destroyed it. Hatchling came back in, no BONESTORM! It trapped the bird and cast DnD. The Turkey though killed the Hatchling with Squawk and Peck. Imp back in to switch away the Hatchling on the undead turn. Burn missed and the Proto-Whelp used Lift-Off. I cast Immolation and Lift-Off hit for quite a lot. I switched in the Abyssal into a strong breath(ouch). Luckily I had Crush and it hit. Two hits and the dragon was gone, had I missed the Abyssal would have gone down. Win

S/S Nether Faire Dragon, S/S Jademist Dancer, Magical Crawdad. Obvious Clonedancer. Turkey put dragon into a coma. I switched the abyssal in and missed the Crush, dammit. Evanescence so I used Immolation and believing the my opponent was going to switch in the Dancer I switched back the Turkey to put the dancer to coma. Didn’t happen that way though, Dragon was left standing and now saw an opportunity to hurt my turkey. At least I got a squawk off so the cyclone did less damage. Turkey dead Imp time. I switched out the Dragon and it switched back into a burn, it really wanted to cyclone now I think but another burn put an end to that. Jademist Dancer next Immolation, dancer used Geyser. Burn and dancer used Rain Dance. Switched to Abyssal for weak aquatic hits and used Meteor Strike to avoid the Geyser. Now the crawdad came in, it only had Surge which also was weak against the Abyssal, but it did heal up half it’s health. I switched to the Imp and gated the crawdad to kill the Dancer. Now I just had to count my blessings that my Burns would hit so that when the Imp was dead I could finish off the Crawdad with two Crushes before Wish would hit. But the Crawdad made a mistake, when it could have killed the Imp it instead cast wish and also didn’t kill it on the perfect next turn instead tried to cast Shell Sheild but two burns put and end to that. Phew. Win

Fossilized Hatchling, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Death Adder Hatchling. Played badly, or my opponent played better. Either way didn’t go as planned. First things I should have started with the Turkey. I didn’t. Got the Hatchling down. But then the DAH powered through. Loss

Imperial Moth, Pandaren Fire Spirit, Squirrel. Another loss. Should have known Food Coma does not work on critters. I didn’t switch from obvious Conflagrates, totally set on that Conflagrate does not hurt all that much. Well it did. Though both the Moth and Spirit did bite the dust they had done more than their share of damage on my poor pets. All that elemental damage couldn’t really touch the Crouching Squirrel and the Turkey couldn’t do much either. Loss

Pandaren Earth Spirit, Jademist Dancer, Living Sandling. Sandstorm stopped much of my damage. I tried pitting Abyssal against the Aquatic Dancer those rain dance buffed hit still hurt too much. In the end it was down to the Turkey and Sandling duking it out. Sandling used a 50% speed reduction and then finished off with a Sandstorm. Loss.

Dark Phonenix Hatchling, Electric Razortooth, Kun-Lai Runt. Not sure whats up, I’m not getting it done anymore, perhaps Im just tired. Or I just suck bad. My opponent took a shot at a stun without chill and lucked out. But then I switched in the Turkey against the Laser from the Phoenix, whats up with that… It came down to the Imp and the Razortooth but the Imp couldn’t get the job done so the Razortooth lived with 34 health. Loss

Tolai Hare, Lil’ Ragnaros, Clockwork Gnome. I left the Turkey to beat on the Hare until Raggy switched in. Then I did Food coma and switched to imp, Immolation and Gated Raggy away. Raggy came back in threw down a trap and died. Opponent bailed, clockwork gnome would have been killed quickly. Win

Fungal Abomination(!), Lil’ Ragnaros, Pandaren Monk. This opponent tried the 100% bonus damage move with the Monk against the Abyssal, that is always kind of fun. Raggys trap killed off the abyssal but the Immolations and gates had done enough damage to kill the other pets. One problem with the Fungal Abomination is that it’s damage comes a bit too slowly, no immediate gratification. Also meant that even though it was strong damage the Imp could take the dots. Win

Menagerie Custodian, Kun-Lai Runt, Onyxian Whelpling. Nothing fancy. Immolation and Burn took a toll on the Custodian. Switched out of a chill stun, which even missed(ouch). Turkey took out the Runt with two immolations burning from behind. Onyxian whelping missed it’s Lift-Off. Opponent bailed. Just one of those fights where nothing much goes right for your opponent. Win

Record: 5-4