My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Blinding poison still not working right.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 17th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Still annoyed that Blinding Poison doesn't do its job properly.

I assure you there were NO other modifiers present.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (46.75 KiB) Viewed 864 times

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 17th, 2014, 8:01 pm

And yet more. In this battle, he hit me 3 times with a 0% hit chance and I 3 times missed him with a 90% hit chance. Love the math at Blizzard. (I still won but that's not really the point).
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (31.24 KiB) Viewed 861 times

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 17th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Ug, this is just not my night. I just fought (an admittedly pretty strong team) that had an Unborn Val'kyr that survived for 3 turns after it died... WTF?

I suppose it could just be Karma for me using DAH but still.... :( (I still won the match)
Notice it dies in round 15 and yet, it's STILL around in round 18... >.<
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (193.02 KiB) Viewed 857 times

User avatar
Vek
Top Rater
 
Posts: 399
Joined: July 28th, 2013
Pet Score: 3996
Realm: Aggramar-EU

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Vek » April 18th, 2014, 12:19 am

The Valk "dies" each time it casts Haunt, so You actually didn't kill it until later.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 18th, 2014, 8:21 am

Vek wrote:The Valk "dies" each time it casts Haunt, so You actually didn't kill it until later.

Oh no, I'm well familiar with the valk, I exhausted its hit points on that first round.

User avatar
Mojogrow
 
Posts: 40
Joined: February 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3210
Realm: Eitrigg-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Mojogrow » April 18th, 2014, 8:33 am

Hootstwo wrote:And yet more. In this battle, he hit me 3 times with a 0% hit chance and I 3 times missed him with a 90% hit chance. Love the math at Blizzard. (I still won but that's not really the point).


You Won because the team you are using is cheap. He didn't miss because miss chance only applies to the first hit of a multi hit move such as Dreadful Breath which was able to hit all of your pets. Similarly, move like Build Turret and Make It Rain will all still hit 1-2 times despite being blinded. It is a bit of a glitchy mechanic, but due to how OVERPOWERED the death adder's blind is as a 2/4 round block, it does balance it out to some extent. I would prefer it to be nerfed rather than have this glitchy system (Just give it a 4 round CD [still less than a stun of the same nature]) but I am not the game designer...

As for what happened with the unborn val'kyr, you did NOT kill it on round 15 like you said since it just went into fake death mode with haunt. You later kill it once haunt resolves on round 18 and IT lives to see round 19 due to the nature of the undead round.

You did not kill it according to your battle logs since it clearly states on line 5 of the fight, Haunt deals 215 damage to the enemy UNborn Val'kyr, meaning that haunt killed it like it should.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 18th, 2014, 11:25 am

Mojogrow wrote:
You Won because the team you are using is cheap. He didn't miss because miss chance only applies to the first hit of a multi hit move such as Dreadful Breath which was able to hit all of your pets. Similarly, move like Build Turret and Make It Rain will all still hit 1-2 times despite being blinded. It is a bit of a glitchy mechanic, but due to how OVERPOWERED the death adder's blind is as a 2/4 round block, it does balance it out to some extent. I would prefer it to be nerfed rather than have this glitchy system (Just give it a 4 round CD [still less than a stun of the same nature]) but I am not the game designer...


Wow, a little butthurt there Mojo, have I beat you one too many times?

User avatar
Regillixavatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: January 15th, 2014
Pet Score: 1735
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Regillixavatar » April 18th, 2014, 11:28 am

Hootstwo wrote:Wow, a little butthurt there Mojo, have I beat you one too many times?

Please be more respectful to your fellow posters. You seem to only be here to argue and antagonize...if that is the case I suggest you find another forum

Hootstwo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 4328
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Hootstwo » April 18th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Wow, really? I'm told I won because my team was "cheap" and you say I'm here to antagonize? Take a look at the rest of my contributions to this forum and see if you feel the same way.

User avatar
Tonid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2013
Pet Score: 4310
Realm: Darkmoon Faire-EU

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Tonid » April 18th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Yes, blinding poison seems buggy.

I usually counteract blinding poison by using my raven/crow/dh team (all three with darkness/nocturnal strike). In theory, nocturnal strike should always hit if darkness is on (even if my pet is blinded), since it's "always hits, if the target is blinded" (and due to darkness, the python is blinded), so it doesn't matter if there's blinding poison on me. I've scared off quite a few python teams using those three birds.

However...

Once I had a case, when my nocturnal strikes missed, when darkness was on, and there was a blinding poison on me. This made me very confused as to why... It seems to be buggy, since I only had one fight with a case like that.

User avatar
Regillixavatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: January 15th, 2014
Pet Score: 1735
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Regillixavatar » April 18th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Hootstwo wrote:Wow, really? I'm told I won because my team was "cheap" and you say I'm here to antagonize? Take a look at the rest of my contributions to this forum and see if you feel the same way.

I stand by my statements. Twice people have tried to explain why you are wrong about the Val'kyr and you respond aggressively. It looks like you are throwing a fit here for attention you rather than trying to thoughtfully point out a bug. I also read through your other posts in the forums...50% are complaining about blinding poison

P.S. Two wrongs never make a right
Last edited by Regillixavatar on April 18th, 2014, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
 
Posts: 377
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4460
BattleTag®: Dakaf#1332
Realm: Dawnbringer-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Dakaf » April 18th, 2014, 3:40 pm

There are no personal attacks allowed here. This is a valid conversation, so I won't lock the thread, but please refrain from insults.

Thank you.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Kel
 
Posts: 457
Joined: March 12th, 2014
Pet Score: 4581
BattleTag®: TerribleTim#1747
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Kel » April 18th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Not to get into the argument part of this thread, but -

It took me some time to understand what exactly was going on the first time I faced a Valk too. That whole deal where it "dies" when using Haunt can be confusing. It doesn't die, per se. It just fakes death. After the 3rd time I thought I'd "killed it" I finally understood what was going on. So I get that it can be confusing. The Valk isn't actually being killed, it's just faking death for a few turns. You know, like a Rogue! ;)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

User avatar
Gulnarr
 
Posts: 33
Joined: March 7th, 2014
Pet Score: 2379
BattleTag®: Gulnarr#1172
Realm: Kirin Tor-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Gulnarr » April 18th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Tonid wrote:Yes, blinding poison seems buggy.

I usually counteract blinding poison by using my raven/crow/dh team (all three with darkness/nocturnal strike). In theory, nocturnal strike should always hit if darkness is on (even if my pet is blinded), since it's "always hits, if the target is blinded" (and due to darkness, the python is blinded), so it doesn't matter if there's blinding poison on me. I've scared off quite a few python teams using those three birds.

However...

Once I had a case, when my nocturnal strikes missed, when darkness was on, and there was a blinding poison on me. This made me very confused as to why... It seems to be buggy, since I only had one fight with a case like that.


Nocturnal strike doesn't always hit if the target is blinded. It's entirely possible to miss in darkness with no other accuracy debuffs out.

User avatar
Tonid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2013
Pet Score: 4310
Realm: Darkmoon Faire-EU

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Tonid » April 19th, 2014, 3:45 am

Gulnarr wrote:
Tonid wrote:Yes, blinding poison seems buggy.

I usually counteract blinding poison by using my raven/crow/dh team (all three with darkness/nocturnal strike). In theory, nocturnal strike should always hit if darkness is on (even if my pet is blinded), since it's "always hits, if the target is blinded" (and due to darkness, the python is blinded), so it doesn't matter if there's blinding poison on me. I've scared off quite a few python teams using those three birds.

However...

Once I had a case, when my nocturnal strikes missed, when darkness was on, and there was a blinding poison on me. This made me very confused as to why... It seems to be buggy, since I only had one fight with a case like that.


Nocturnal strike doesn't always hit if the target is blinded. It's entirely possible to miss in darkness with no other accuracy debuffs out.


"Base hit chance increased to 100% if the target is blinded".

How can it miss then?

User avatar
Digem
MVP
 
Posts: 313
Joined: August 1st, 2013
Pet Score: 5102
Realm: Fizzcrank-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Digem » April 19th, 2014, 5:48 am

Tonid wrote:
Gulnarr wrote:
Tonid wrote:Yes, blinding poison seems buggy.

I usually counteract blinding poison by using my raven/crow/dh team (all three with darkness/nocturnal strike). In theory, nocturnal strike should always hit if darkness is on (even if my pet is blinded), since it's "always hits, if the target is blinded" (and due to darkness, the python is blinded), so it doesn't matter if there's blinding poison on me. I've scared off quite a few python teams using those three birds.

However...

Once I had a case, when my nocturnal strikes missed, when darkness was on, and there was a blinding poison on me. This made me very confused as to why... It seems to be buggy, since I only had one fight with a case like that.


Nocturnal strike doesn't always hit if the target is blinded. It's entirely possible to miss in darkness with no other accuracy debuffs out.


"Base hit chance increased to 100% if the target is blinded".

How can it miss then?



RNG you must be lucky because I have had nocturnal strike miss multiple times without any debuff like blinding poison affecting me.
It is true however that moves like nocturnal strike if already darkness or blood in the water if already bleeding will "most" times hit right thru blinding poison.
Even a move like dreadful breath usually will to so nice move to use against an adder.

As for the valk that pet is full of bugs.
I have had it not Rez after using haunt multiple times.

When all said and done these outcomes are usually all due to the great and all powerful RNG which never works right or fair for anyone wish they get rid of it or fix it .
Pet battling would be much improved with no random misses thrown in.
Rather it would just be a weak hit or such.
So I don't have an opponent to one hit and dead area and proceed to miss a few times in a row and lose fight, which has happened to me multiple times.

User avatar
Kel
 
Posts: 457
Joined: March 12th, 2014
Pet Score: 4581
BattleTag®: TerribleTim#1747
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Kel » April 19th, 2014, 10:32 am

Digem wrote:. . .
Pet battling would be much improved with no random misses thrown in.
. . .

But how would they calculate when a 70% hit chance misses? It has to be sort of random. I agree that the current calculations may be flawed, but you can't just remove all randomness to it.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

User avatar
Gulnarr
 
Posts: 33
Joined: March 7th, 2014
Pet Score: 2379
BattleTag®: Gulnarr#1172
Realm: Kirin Tor-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Gulnarr » April 19th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Tonid wrote:"Base hit chance increased to 100% if the target is blinded".

How can it miss then?


"Base hit chance." The common explanation is that the 10% accuracy reduction from darkness also affects your raven, making it a 90% ability.

User avatar
Tonid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2013
Pet Score: 4310
Realm: Darkmoon Faire-EU

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Tonid » April 19th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Gulnarr wrote:
Tonid wrote:"Base hit chance increased to 100% if the target is blinded".

How can it miss then?


"Base hit chance." The common explanation is that the 10% accuracy reduction from darkness also affects your raven, making it a 90% ability.


Yes, I just figured it out myself as well, but cheers for the explanation ^^.

However, Blizzard changed either the description or the mechanics. Proof below:

http://www.wowhead.com/petability=517/n ... #changelog

As you can see, Wowhead changed this on Feb 12 (and it's recently that misses appeared, so I think it's mechanics, not just the description, that were changed).

User avatar
Mojogrow
 
Posts: 40
Joined: February 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3210
Realm: Eitrigg-US

Re: Blinding poison still not working right.

Postby Mojogrow » April 22nd, 2014, 10:18 am

Hootstwo wrote:Wow, really? I'm told I won because my team was "cheap" and you say I'm here to antagonize? Take a look at the rest of my contributions to this forum and see if you feel the same way.


I am sorry if you took my comment as antagonistic, I was merely referring to the fact that using DHA and the U.Val'kyr is commonly considered Flavor of the Month and extremely powerful (many argue that it is "Over Powered") And while I do not enjoy them, I have yet to be frustrated by a team of 3 adders (or even 2 since I like running a Warbot/Crow) It was not MY intention to "Antagonize" you, only to point out what I saw from the SSs you posted...


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests