C.T. Guidance

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu
Re: C.T. Guidance

Post by Awq » March 30th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Kel wrote:
Jerebear wrote:. . . Who do you plan to use for Yu'la so we can better help you figure out a team? . . .
My plan for the celestials was as follows:
Xu-Fu - Water Spirit, Chrominius, Darkmon Tonk
Chi-Chi - My 2 snails and Arcane Eye
Zao - Skywisp Moth, Zand. Ankle Render, Zand. Kneebiter
Yu'La - Bonkers, A Rabbit, Anubisath Idol.

So as you can see, the snails had been planned elsewhere so I'm hesitant to use them before hand. Also, since my Blighthawk and Scourged Whelpling are being used on Taran Zhu it changes things when I get to Wrathion. Typically I can keep one of them alive, but not both. So I could heal the one up before actually battling Wrathion. It's just a matter of which one I use last as to which one lives.
Awq wrote:. . .
I would really like to try Blossoming Ancient, Magical Crawdad, Singing Sunflower. You start with Blossoming Ancient for Sunlight + Heal. Then you swap in the Singing Sunflower for Sunlight + Heal. You will slowly kill his whole team with Sunlight back row damage. Use Wish to heal someone/keep everyone at full hp.
This seems interesting, and I'm wondering if anyone has had success with it. I see a lot of guys saying "I'd like to try it" but haven't seen any confirmed "it works" yet.
I do not own a level 25 Blossoming Ancient. I can't test it myself sadly. I might try it with a Teldrassil Sproutling instead, although it will go much slower. Wrathion isn't up this week.
I can't give any reliable recommendations for your trainers. I can not test them. I generally use random pets though.

I did the Celestials using your pets.
Chi-Chi can be killed by Wild Magic (Lil Tarecgosa?) + Rabbit/Grasshopper (stampede after being switched in during 3rd round) + random pet. I used a level 22 Grasshopper and I needed to finish it with my broom (1 turn). The rabbit is better, because its speed >310.
You could use Tarecgosa (Wild magic + Stun + Dead, else Forfeit) + Shrine fly (Stampede) for the Ox. I killed it before Wish was used by a reasonable margin, but you could add a broom/tonk/whatever to be safe.
Moth (switch after cocoon+lightning) + Cogblade Raptor + Broom had no trouble with the Cat.
Yu'La can be killed by your 2 rabbits (+ humanoid if unlucky).

Edit:
Could you describe to us how the battle against Wrathion goes?
Last edited by Awq on March 30th, 2014, 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 30th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Well, your selection of humanoids and undead are both limited. Long term, I would say level some more of each of those. With what you have, I would look for something that has lift off/dive to avoid the elementium bolt from the 3rd pet, even if it isn't strong vs dragonkin and work that way. Emerald protowhelp is one option. I've never tested that. The team I used this week was:
Red cricket
Macabre Marionette
S/S Flayer

You might consider trying to get an S/S flayer. It's a really good dragon killer (well not against yula due to the shield) and it synergizes well with the abilities (kick/blitz) when the pet is fast. I'll admit I just stoned my S/S flayer. There are way too many breeds available for it to farm a rare s/s. I doubt you want to do that for this week, but long term it is a very good pet at that breed.

You might try
Cricket
Kun-lai Runt (DON"T STUN 2nd pet or he'll just swap)
Emerald Protowhelp

and see if you can work it that way.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 30th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Thanks for the continuing conversation guys. I do have a Marionette, but I haven't stoned him yet. How big of a deal is that really? Even my Jungle Grub that was also mentioned is only uncommon.

I hadn't considered Emerald Proto-Whelp, and I don't have him slated for any other battles either. Maybe that's an option. What's your thoughts on Anubisath Idol in this battle? I have been worried that he just doesn't dish out enough damage to keep pace with what he will take.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kel

Post by Kel » March 30th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Jerebear wrote:. . . (DON"T STUN 2nd pet or he'll just swap). . .
Thanks for this kind of info, helps a lot.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 30th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Kel wrote:Thanks for the continuing conversation guys. I do have a Marionette, but I haven't stoned him yet. How big of a deal is that really? Even my Jungle Grub that was also mentioned is only uncommon.

I hadn't considered Emerald Proto-Whelp, and I don't have him slated for any other battles either. Maybe that's an option. What's your thoughts on Anubisath Idol in this battle? I have been worried that he just doesn't dish out enough damage to keep pace with what he will take.
Ultimately you'll have to decide. The Marionette will have to be stoned at some point so leveling him up now vs waiting is having to do lvl 23 and 24 again when you stone him at 25. For the Grub it could be that or it could be leveling a second one one you manage to capture as a blue. I suggested the grub because you had it and it was already lvl 23. You could probably purchase a mr grubs on the AH as they are usually cheap and already blue quality but you'd have to level it from level 1.

Yeah for CT and basically any trainer with lvl 25 pets they will swap if you stun their pet. This isn't a bad thing if you are planning on it but if you aren't then it can really mess up your strategy.

Kel

Post by Kel » March 30th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Edit:
Could you describe to us how the battle against Wrathion goes?
Hmm, let's see. Working from my poor memory, so bear with me.

I actually was using one of my Rabbits against the undead dragon. That fight seems to go fine. I try to time burrow for the round the Ice Tomb resolves. It's gone ok there. Rabbit is usually still barely alive at the end of that battle. Then Alex comes in and things go terribly sideways. I have no clue when his Flamethrower goes off so I can't seem to figure out when to try and block that with either a borrow or deflection on another pet. Once he has made very short work of the remains of the Rabbit and then the Flayer I'm left with the Runt. Then I didn't realize stuns would force a swap so that tends to happen every time. Then Dah'da tears the Runt apart with the Elementium Bolt. Again, I'm not sure what round that gets cast.

I find other battles are much easier because there's guides that outline what round each thing happens, so you know "block this round" or whatever. The C.T., not so much. So I find myself having no clue when the big moves happen, and can't block.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kel

Post by Kel » March 30th, 2014, 10:42 pm

Jerebear wrote:. . .
You might consider trying to get an S/S flayer. It's a really good dragon killer (well not against yula due to the shield) and it synergizes well with the abilities (kick/blitz) when the pet is fast. . .
How do you suggest farming that? If I find several on the ledge, but none are s/s, do you just kill them all and wait it out?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 30th, 2014, 10:48 pm

I don't know the exact spawning conditions. I just parked an alt up there and checked here and there. It's not so rare that you'll never see it. You can try killing the bigger flayers that look like it, but I don't know if that actually causes them to spawn or not. As long as you aren't holding out for a rare, finding an s/s of any quality probably won't take a long time. You might have to check in during the mornings or something depending on your server. I just checked before I went to work for example.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 31st, 2014, 12:26 am

My first question would be is your rabbit surviving long enough for Blistering Cold to wear off? You really don't want any stacks of that on your second pet if you can avoid it and two or more is probably going to make it difficult to kill of Alex.

As far as the moves Alex should do heal, flamethrower then start doing breaths. As far as I can recall Alex will redo flamethrower when the dot isn't up and breath on CD.

Dah'da will Bolt the first round roll the second round then start shadow flames. His second shadowflame is the one you should avoid as that should be the round bolt will hit. It really shouldn't be hard to avoid because you have a debuff to know the timer and it's end of round so you going to be faster.

Since you don't have Flayer youngling to solo them both you need to be careful of the dragonkin racial. It can lead to some really big hits on your third guy which makes it tough.

Kel

Post by Kel » March 31st, 2014, 1:41 am

Jerebear wrote:I don't know the exact spawning conditions. I just parked an alt up there and checked here and there. It's not so rare that you'll never see it. You can try killing the bigger flayers that look like it, but I don't know if that actually causes them to spawn or not. As long as you aren't holding out for a rare, finding an s/s of any quality probably won't take a long time. You might have to check in during the mornings or something depending on your server. I just checked before I went to work for example.
LOLZ! Oddly enough, I went to park an alt there and found not only a common S/S but a rare S/S. I trapped both of them. I don't have a stone for the second one, but I wanted to be able to have two S/S rares since it was right there in front of me. So I'll level the rare tomorrow since I already used today's dailies, and then we'll prep the other one when I get a stone. Guess some times it's good to be lucky. 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » April 9th, 2014, 10:44 am

Kel wrote:
I would really like to try Blossoming Ancient, Magical Crawdad, Singing Sunflower. You start with Blossoming Ancient for Sunlight + Heal. Then you swap in the Singing Sunflower for Sunlight + Heal. You will slowly kill his whole team with Sunlight back row damage. Use Wish to heal someone/keep everyone at full hp.
This seems interesting, and I'm wondering if anyone has had success with it. I see a lot of guys saying "I'd like to try it" but haven't seen any confirmed "it works" yet.
It works. It worked on Socks last week. It worked on the triple humanoid team and it worked on the undead dragon team.
The humanoid team is arguably the toughest, because you have to fight a humanoid that has 150% hp in a 3vs1 (your pets have 150% hp too).

I used an inferior team compared tot he one that I suggested. I do not have access to the Blossoming Ancient. I used a level 22 Withers instead (it is 24 now!). This lowers my dps by 50%, considering I do not use any attacks outside of Sunlight (until 2 pets are dead). It has less HP too. It still worked like a charm.
It is slow though. The fight with the dragon team took 77 rounds. But then again, my pets are at full hp throughout the fight, even when they started with 50% hp.

My apologies for the unneeded bump. I am aware that it is no longer relevant. I sadly could not test this sooner. This is the first time that I encountered the Dragon & Humanoid trainer after Kel made his initial post.