UV Search: to camp or to round?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flyingdoxie
MVP
Pet Score:4499
Realm:Zul'jin-us
UV Search: to camp or to round?

Post by Flyingdoxie » March 23rd, 2014, 11:12 am

What seems to be the best approach to finding this elusive pet? Does camping one select spawn spot or flying the Northrend spawn route prove most successful? I just can't decide what approach to settle on. I have 2 toons available one on a low-population US server (Shandris) & one on high-population US (Zul'jin). Thanks for your input! :|

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: UV Search: to camp or to round?

Post by Kendrah » March 23rd, 2014, 1:26 pm

I never camped, mostly because it's not in one place. Each map has three different spots that an Unborn can spawn. I just made a macro with the name and flew around once or twice a day. It doesn't move around, luckily, and it hoovers really close to the ground. I was getting the other NR pets at that time too, so that's another reason why I decided to fly around. I got my first in Howling and my second in Grissly, if that helps at all.

Good luck!

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » March 23rd, 2014, 2:23 pm

I have seven active toons, so I just placed one near a spawn site. There's one by a Horde camp in northern Borean Tundra. Only took a couple of days of checking in periodically before I caught one.

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Deadlycurves » March 23rd, 2014, 11:09 pm

I parked a spare toon at one of the spawn points in grizzly hills, after 2 days of checking maybe once every hour or two i had mine.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 24th, 2014, 4:17 am

In my opinion camping is better. I first flew around without success and then camped a spot. Got it pretty fast after that.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 24th, 2014, 6:02 am

Depends how many Alts do you have that can camp in wotlk areaes?
Also how much add do you have do you have an alt that mine or herb?
If you have some viable Alts camp them in certain areaes and log in to them a few times a day to check.
If you have a miner and herber(best if one alt does both) fly around looking for it and mine and herb at same time might as well make some money while searching.
Best advice be patient, have some good music or tv show going, and you will eventually catch one.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » March 25th, 2014, 3:00 am

I'm in the rounds camp myself (heh).

There's nothing inherently wrong with either method, Its a personal preference I think. I preferred to chance it when it came to the Val'kyr, for example, and did a circuit between a few known spawn points. I found mine after a while all alone in crystalsong, in a spot I didn't even know they appeared!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » March 27th, 2014, 5:38 am

I camped the single zone. So I flew between three spots herbing along the way. Didn't take too long, but wasn't too exciting either.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » March 28th, 2014, 7:59 pm

i did both camping and hunting (including clearing out other petlings to promote spawning). engaged both ways too, but managed to catch through the camping (lucked out).

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 31st, 2014, 1:08 pm

I just circled the spawn points in a given zone, and always logged out near one. It's too time-consuming to try and hunt all the spawn points across all the zones, and you might end up missing it if you do. The zone i chose was Howling Fjord, and I found her at the southernmost spawn point.

Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us

Post by Neuropathy » March 31st, 2014, 9:21 pm

I am a camper. 65:35 in Dragonblight is my hot spot. I've seen/captured (not all mine) 6 here, without much camping involved. I've also gotten one at 36:19 in Sholazar. I don't camp-camp though. I just log an alt at that location and check on them occasionally. Middle of the night helps! ;) I've just now plopped 3 pve alts at spots and will check them occasionally, will post for real id pull overs if any pop up!

Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us

Post by Neuropathy » April 1st, 2014, 11:49 pm

I don't suppose you're on reading this, but I'm holding an unborn valk until anybody reads my comments & adds me to real id.