despondent

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us
despondent

Post by Prudene » March 19th, 2014, 5:43 pm

:cry: want to bash my head against a concrete block.. no matter how hard I work at getting pets, they elude me...have about 112 left to level, all are blue apart from the lantern. I need 30 more pets to complete my collection, oh sigh sigh sigh, I cant see it ever happening.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: despondent

Post by Quintessence » March 19th, 2014, 7:14 pm

You're not alone in your adventure. Every collector has hit a wall at some point or another. Collectors have a real knack for being persistent and determined, though. You will get everything completed eventually.

You can do it! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Prudene
Top Rater

Post by Prudene » March 20th, 2014, 1:47 am

thank you for that wisdom, you are right. :)

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » March 21st, 2014, 9:32 pm

One of the ways I'm able to level pets without the utter boredom is to use [pet]Amethyst Spiderling[/pet] or [pet]Celestial Dragonling[/pet] at 25 to level the lower level pets; battling in Northrend, Cata Zones, and Pandaria.

First goal? Get all of this family to level 10, then all of that family.
Second goal? Get all H/H pets to 15.

Along the way, I replace wild petlings with the breeds I want to. Most of my captures were without benefit of a breed id.

Bonus is that I get to level my toon with pet battles. Doesn't earn gold but at least it's not a complete waste of time.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » March 23rd, 2014, 1:17 am

I am on a break, playing a lot of D3 right now. But i log in each week to get the biscuits. When I return, I will do what I always do and level exclusively by using the daily trainers using hotdog + biscuit xp buffs.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » March 23rd, 2014, 3:22 am

Only 112? I have over 550 still to level!!! I like to collect and have a fair bit at rare, but I just hate leveling. Takes too damn long.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » March 23rd, 2014, 6:32 am

Just keep doing a little bit as you can, you can get them eventually. I did (mostly), and it took a long time with many months of... well my guildies would probably not call me a patient person considering the rants I went on. Keep at it! You'll have them in the end. In your trap. Of love. And they'll be yours. Always. And you'll never let them go. Trapped forever. Foreeeeever :twisted:

Look I never said you'd keep your mind in the process. Just embrace it.

Deadlycurves
Top Rater
Pet Score:3443
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Deadlycurves » March 23rd, 2014, 11:20 pm

i know that feeling of looking at your list and going arrgh, too many to do, when ever that happens i do something else for a weekend and the next weekend get back into it. though as i am nearly all rared and have only a handful to collect (curse you viscous horror), i just devote a couple of hours each weekend to level grinding. though i do all the pandarian tamers on a daily basis for the phat pet xp, spare bstones and spirit pets to give to friends.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » April 1st, 2014, 1:11 pm

Yeah, I know the feels. I hit several walls leveling the last couple hundred of my pets. You'll get there!

I leveled my pets for an hour a day, doing the epic pet dailies while buffed. It normally took less than one hour, so I'd do field fights in The Valley of the Four Winds to run out my buff. Having a regular schedule to keep and only doing it for one hour kept it "doable" for me. I would do both weeklies for the double burger buff, then stack those with the weenies twice a week for a triple buff. I didn't get overwhelmed until I had under 200 pets left to level, then for some reason since I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, it seemed to take forever! But one day, DING! My last pet hit 25.

If you're bored with your leveling routine, mix it up a bit with pvp or field battles with a lowbie alt. I didn't care much for field leveling, but I leveled my monk to 63 doing only field pet battles and pvp battles. She's still in her teen gear, having not touched an npc or mob since she left her starting zone. Watching a toon's levels dingdingding as fast as the pets was another way to keep motivated. I hope to resume leveling her in the next patch using only pet battles. Yep, I'll be that super annoying player who has a level 90 and is completely clueless how to play her. :oops:

Hang in there, you'll get there!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm

I've found it helpful to set little goals for myself along the way. For example getting all dragonkins blue or leveling them all to 25. Now that I've got all my pets upgraded to blue and a lot of pets already at 25 I've had to get more creative like getting all rats to lvl 25 instead of critters or all moths to 25 instead of all flying pets. Setting these smaller goals, even it it seems silly, helps to make things feel manageable and to see progress.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » April 1st, 2014, 5:53 pm

Drrum wrote:Yep, I'll be that super annoying player who has a level 90 and is completely clueless how to play her. :oops:

Just like every single one of my toons that isn't Doobjanka!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 1st, 2014, 9:47 pm

I have had to exclude 28 pets that I know I will never be able to get (for one reason or another) and of the 10 pets on my wanted list, there are 2 that are apparently no longer available (looking at you, [pet]Gryphon Hatchling[/pet] and [pet]Wind Rider Cub[/pet]) and at least one other that looks unlikely that I will ever manage to get ([pet]Clock'em[/pet]), which leaves maybe 7 that I can reasonably expect to eventually acquire.

Looking on the bright side, I have managed to get the vast majority of the pets that I do have to 25 though.

Prudene
Top Rater

Post by Prudene » April 2nd, 2014, 7:11 am

:D you are all totally awesome ! thank you for the encouragement, and the hints!
61 to go now, with av.lvl 24. hooray.. the tunnel is no longer so loooong and DARK xx

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 3rd, 2014, 12:12 am

Doobjanka wrote:
Drrum wrote:Yep, I'll be that super annoying player who has a level 90 and is completely clueless how to play her. :oops:

Just like every single one of my toons that isn't Doobjanka!
Lol, I have no idea how to play my monk or warlock. Even doing the farm, I always wince when I need to birds or rodents!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 3rd, 2014, 2:34 pm

Haha, is this a meeting of Alts Anonymous?

Hi, my name is Graven, and I barely know how to play my monk and deathknight. ;)