Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
pet traders please dont rip us off :(

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 2:16 am

hey guys so obviously we are all in to our pets and swooping ot get best deals etc, i don't want to cause an issue but something myself and a few others i have spoken to have noticed that some peoples ideas of what the want for a trade is kind crazy.

If your posting a list of pets you want and a list of pets you have to trade then obviously within that list you think is acceptable, but when asked to do a trade for example from a pet friend of mine...like for a spectral kitten and offering rocket chicken hippo and bananas and more pets on top and be told it is way to little make me wonder where some traders are coming from, to me that is a fair trade.

i love my pets but i don't want some people thinking that they can rip off pet collectors because they want something , it is unfair and i don't think it looks good, i know if you don't like the trade done do it, but prices of tcg pets have dropped dramatically to even seeing an Ethereal soul trader for 150 bucks and yet tuskarr kite still 190 bucks.

so please when trading have a little thought as well traders we do this because we love it, as you may love pet trading but there no need to make us pay with all our pets for one. (unless its gurky or tyrael maybe) lol

i have not done this post to offend anyone, but to me pet collecting is for fun and swopping to i don't like to see people stung, if there is no need for it :)
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: pet traders please dont rip us off :(

Post by Avarre » November 15th, 2012, 2:43 am

Some ppl ask for way too much. I get absolutely absurd offers for hard to get pets, i know some of them are pretty rare but some of the demands are really ridiculous.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 15th, 2012, 3:45 am

Avarre wrote:.... but some of the demands are really ridiculous.
Like 500 000 gold from the Ethereal Soul-Trader which in our AH last week? :P
- Taking your candles since 2005

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 15th, 2012, 4:16 am

It's no denying, in every expansion there is an inflation. High level quests give more and more gold, while 10k gold was alot in tbc, these days if you drop below 10k gold, you'd have a hard time keeping your raiding gear enchanted/gemmed, and have gold left to buy food/flasks.

Inflation, however, usually dont affect all pets/mounts relative to eachother. So if 1 specific pet was worth 3 other specific pets in cataclysm, odds are the ration is the same now. But! ..with the pets/mounts change to being account-wide, there was a drop in prices compare to the rest of the market. The supply remained the same, but the demand was reduced.

All of this are things traders have to think about, and what we take into account when doing trades, but perhaps its too much for some, they fall off the wagon and trust prices and pet-pet ratios from cata or before. I think its more ignorance than a try to rip you off. If there is no reasoning with them, just don't trade. Easy solution. :)
Last edited by Hellomynameis on November 15th, 2012, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » November 15th, 2012, 5:52 am

Ryazan wrote:
Avarre wrote:.... but some of the demands are really ridiculous.
Like 500 000 gold from the Ethereal Soul-Trader which in our AH last week? :P

Or the 500000 darkmoon rabbit on my server.

Moneypenny
Top Rater

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 8:08 am

i understand they need to think about there market, but there is a limit of what is being asked for as well and when asking to do an exchange for a spectral cub and being offered rocket chicken bananas hyppogryph plus 5 more pets which aren't easy to get either and to be told that they are way beneath that value i think is wrong when you compare them.

i really don't want people to be stung by things which is why i would rather people be aware of some situations you may get into, im trying to be nice lol

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » November 15th, 2012, 2:52 pm

There's no reason to fight about this. If someone is asking too much, no one will take the offer. They will either have to change and ask for less, or just not trade. When I see a ridiculously high price on the auction house, I know those auctions will expire--few people have managed to make enough gold to buy them, and those who have, aren't naive enough to pay that price. So always be polite, the market will sort itself out. And keep in mind, no one owes you a trade.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » November 15th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Regarding some outrageous deals on the Auction Houses for battle pets, I'd just like to add that in my case, twice so far I have seen pets on the AH for outrageous prices that I was not willing to pay, but that I did want to obtain. Both times, I sent a mail to the seller and told them that if they didn't find a buyer at the price they were asking, I would be willing to offer them X gold for it instead. Both times, they sent me the pet COD for the price I was offering.

I think part of the problem with these outrageous prices is due to the fact that people simply do not know what would be a fair price for certain pets. Definitely worth a shot to ask sellers to lower their prices though, worked for me so far anyway :)

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » November 15th, 2012, 3:49 pm

This issuse is growing worse day by day, and not only in game but ive seen it happen on the WoW forums and on here. There is no reason to try and rip people off. If you plan on seeling a pet, how about doing a small amount of research on Realm by Realm prices or do a globel search. These can all be done from Wowuaction.com or Undermind Journal.com.

As far as pet sell for gold goes on Forums and such, remember if someone only wants gold and they are not on your server, one of two things must happen. 1 they make a toon on your server level it to 10 then pay real money for transfer to get the gold they want. or. 2 you transfer a toon to thier server which could mean more cost for you if you have to faction change was well. Never agree to buy a pet for gold unless the seller makes a toon on your server.

For instance someone sells you a Baby Crosseye Duckbear for 80k. Transfering to their server will cost you between $25 and $55 dollars, plus the 80k, not worth it, remember make them come to you.

Now trade vs trade, this is a common sense move. I always take the situation into factor of what said player is wanting to trade me vs what he is asking for. Remember people seem to think all pets are lvl 1, not sure why but they do, and some goes as far to say it dont matter what lvl the pets is. This is Wrong. If someone wanted to trade me that ever elusive, Young Undead Donkey lvl 1 and i offered say a lvl 25 Landro's Lil XT which at lvl 1 sell for lets say 50k on the AH and the Donkey sold for the same price and he told me to get lost. Then all i see there is someone whom is greedy and not to bright to understand a lvl 25 sells for alot more then a lvl 1.

Even as a someone buying or getting a pet from another, always reserch that pet or item first so you know you arent getting ganked.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » November 15th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Well, keep in mind that just because one sees pets for ridiculous prices on the AH doesn't mean they are actually selling. I think mailing the person with an offer is a good approach instead. If that person is too gold-hungry to make a deal, it's their loss and they'll come down on their price eventually if they want to sell the pet.

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » November 16th, 2012, 3:16 am

I just wanted to add my voice into this. I saw a few days ago that Bananas was in pretty high demand. I finally got a trade in yesterday for one, thinking I could turn around and retrade for one I actually really wanted (that had, until now, been considered of equal or very slightly lesser value), only to discover today that it's dropped drastically in demand, price, and interest.

No wonder the other trader wanted to unload it. I feel like I got played, and now I'm unable to trade it, even with a combination of my other pets, for any of the "more" sought-after TCGs.

I feel like an idiot, and I'm sure I looked like one to the two forum-goers here that I attempted to trade with. I really hope they didn't think I was trying to scam them in turn.

Shows my ignorance. :oops:

Vasala
Pet Score:3795
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vasala » November 16th, 2012, 3:40 am

I know what you mean I was all excited when I found a bananas on the black market AH. I thought if I win that I will have a nice item to help me get one of the other rare trading card game pets. Only to find out that no one wants to consider it even as part of a trade for a spectral tiger cub or rocket chicken :(.

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » November 16th, 2012, 3:43 am

Vasala wrote:I know what you mean I was all excited when I found a bananas on the black market AH. I thought if I win that I will have a nice item to help me get one of the other rare trading card game pets. Only to find out that no one wants to consider it even as part of a trade for a spectral tiger cub or rocket chicken :(.
Exactly. :( So I'm out the things I traded for it, and it's likely just going to sit. I mean, great, I have another pet towards my count... but that's not what I wanted it for when I traded.

Beginning to also feel like trading for an Ethereal or a Rocket Chicken is a pipe dream after all.

Moneypenny
Top Rater

Post by Moneypenny » November 16th, 2012, 6:04 am

with regards to bananas i have had the same thing, i bought it off the blk market ah 2wks ago for 38k after being bidded up a few times and then saw one on ali ah for 10k this week, so yeh the prices for bananas atm is bananas.

same with crawling claw i have seen for 5k and up to 50k plus in the same day, have offered an amount of gold to the seller p if it doesnt sell and been told where to go, hence in that situation name is remembered and i wont trade with them. Also in the long run it costs everytime you are relisting to.

im glad we are getting back here because it helps get an idea of things going on :) it not just pet battles, its battle of the ah, traders and the pet swap shop :)

Jumi
Pet Score:2302
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Jumi » April 16th, 2013, 8:22 am

If you are buying a pet and have no intention of selling it, then it doesn't matter what a "fair" price is. All that matters is that the price is agreed upon by the buyer and the seller. If Bananas is worth 1 million gold to me, then Bananas is worth 1 million gold (at least if I don't plan on selling him). Likewise if he is only worth, say, 5k gold to me, then he is only worth 5k gold (again assuming I have no intention of selling him afterward).

Don't worry about what others paid or what the price will be with a different seller or what the price will be next week. If the price seems to fair to you, pay it, and if it's too steep, then pass on it.

My two cents, anyway.

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » April 16th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:As a new pet collector I don't even know what these pets are worth - every sites shows a different value, I really want a Ethereal Soul Trader, Darkmoon Eye but prices I see I have no clue if it worth that price. Same goes for mounts like Deathcharger reins is it worth 60K or is it worth way less now. IF anyone got a good site that give me a break down of market value so I know, what I should say offer in pets for one of those pets, or pay in gold for something please let me know.
For the TCG at least, you can have an easier time ascertaining values. They're equivalent in gold to the real life cash value assigned them currently.

For example, the Soul-Trader is currently worth about 169 dollars (that's how much it's going for on Ebay right now), so most people will expect somewhere between 160k to 200k. Paying anything over the high-end of 200k is not worth your time, and most sellers will often be agreeable with the low end (most).

You can keep up to date on TCG market prices with WoWTCGloot.com.

As for the rest of the pets people want to trade--it's near impossible to ever reach a median or an agreement on gold value. Refer to the post above me, because most people are going to assign different values to them based on their own personal preferences.

(For example, I place higher value on RNG/drop pets than I do pets that are a guarantee, because I have really bad luck with RNG. I often "overpay" in pets for RNG-related pets because of this, as I'd rather trade than buy in gold on the AH. Another example is pets that come from Raids AND are RNG related. The old-content raid RNG pets aren't worth as much to me as the newer content ones, because I don't have access to the new ones. Therefore even if they're dropping steadily to even out in price to the older ones, I'd still slightly overpay as appreciation for being able to obtain these otherwise unobtainable pets. Other people may not have the same opinions.)

Mushalor
Top Rater

Post by Mushalor » April 16th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:So 1us dollar is worth like 1g - 1.25g? in your example of the soul trade costing 160 usd = 160k-200 bit for a pet that cost only say $12 usd is only worth like 12gold? I ask as I see Gusting Grimoire it would cost 12usd for instant buy, but everyone I look its on AH for like 8-10K
Sort of? Edit: I reread your question, woops. No, like the poster below me pointed out, I'm talking in the thousands of gold, not 1 gold. Sorry! Misunderstood.

Like, prices will fluctuate a little up or down, but the general price range remains the same. (I keep using words like "average" and "generally" and "most" because of this. There's no hard line. You're always going to find exceptions to the rule, and because they go up and down in price like they do, MOST people will generally sell at 10k or below, because that's about what people are willing to pay in pets or gold.)

As far as Gusting Grimoire, a) it's way more common, being relatively "new" still, which makes its price fluctuate even more, and b) actually on my server those have such a ridiculously wide range of prices I couldn't even begin to explain them (an example being that often on A-side, people keep trying to sell them for 80k because there's less of a pet market A-side, but H-side has them at more reasonable prices, anywhere from 5k to 12k and it's dependent heavily on how many are up at a time on the AH at all).

See, in general, the problem with TCG that are "low-end" like this one is simply because there's ample supply (but less demand) the longer they've been out. Common loot cards are just that, ridiculously common. So people trying to sell them often end up needing to keep lowering their prices even past the RL cash value if they're hoping to move it on the AH with any quickness. Competition is another factor. Ignorance of their worth is also another.

Supply and demand basically gets influenced all kinds of little ways with these pets.

The older the TCG pet (regardless of whether it's "high" end or not) the longer it's been in circulation, which adds to the likelihood that people either already have one (ala "low" end) and no longer have a demand (placing a glut of stock on the AH in some cases that drives the price down to ridiculous new lows), or less cards exist at this point that are still unused ("high" end, again), and retain their steady demand but with a ceiling placed on them from real life cash value.

Newer "rare" TCG will usually be in higher demand, while the older ones will typically keep their average prices (like, again, Soul Trader Beacon).

I imagine in the Gusting Grimoire's case, there's just a glut of supply on the AH right now and/or people aren't aware of how much they could potentially get, and/or they just want to move them more quickly and used the baseline of 12k (ish) to set theirs as cheapest possible.

Edit2: my advice for trading is to focus on the person you're trading with, as already stated. If they say "well my server sells them for this so it has only this much worth to me and I'm not overpaying" you can either work with that, or say "sorry, I believe these are worth more than what you're offering" (if they are to you). Because server prices are usually a bad influence to use as a hard line for price judgement. (If they are on a high pop server with a flourishing pet market, their prices are likely going to be cheaper and that skews their opinion in that way. If it's low pop, they may believe their pet is worth more than it might be, because there's so little supply.)

Editagain: Oh, by the way, I forgot another influence! BMAH (Black Market Auction House). Sometimes pets show up there, and people can snag them for way cheaper than their usual, accepted price, thus turning a profit if they can find someone to trade/sell with. This is another way Blizzard created to reintroduce stock to the pet market, especially with the rarer pets like Rocket Chicken, Dragon Kite, etc. So even if there are fewer card codes left, there's still a relatively small but steady supply going into circulation. That's another reason there's a ceiling price on them.
Last edited by Mushalor on April 16th, 2013, 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ginwen
Top Rater
Pet Score:2745
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Ginwen » April 16th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:So 1us dollar is worth like 1g - 1.25g? in your example of the soul trade costing 160 usd = 160k-200 bit for a pet that cost only say $12 usd is only worth like 12gold? I ask as I see Gusting Grimoire it would cost 12usd for instant buy, but everyone I look its on AH for like 8-10K
Your math is off. He's saying 1000 gold => 1.00. 160,000 to 200,000 for a $169 pet is the same as 12,000 for for a $12 pet.