Raid Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nyorai
Pet Score:5685
BattleTag®:jprich#1557
Realm:Draka-us
Raid Pets

Post by Nyorai » March 12th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Has ANYONE gotten a pet from ToT or SoO?
Ive used tokens on the bosses since I could do them and noooooooothing.
Looks like I will be paying inflated prices on the AH for them. ( 15k the cheapest for any )

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Raid Pets

Post by Kpb321 » March 12th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Obviously, people have gotten pets from ToT or SoO or there wouldn't be any to buy on the AH. Personally, my Ji-Kun Hatchling dropped for me in ToT but that's the only one I got as a drop. All the rest have been bought on the AH.

As far as buying them and inflated prices you always have the option of trying to make money on a different server to buy pets there at a less inflated price.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 12th, 2014, 1:36 pm

up until last Friday I had not gotten any to drop an neither has anyone from my guild. we are onto heroics and still no drop but, got the blackfuse bombling yay finally they do exsist!!!
I had to buy them all off the action house.
check out high population servers make a toon sell extra pets that you have, island and engineering ones still sell well,
make some money and buy them at better prices.
the drop rates do seem to be unreasonable and what happens next expansion?
if one can get extra of these keep or buy them up I see the prices rising next expansion.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 12th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Bought all of mine ages ago. The only one I have actually had drop for me was Ji-Kun, on a token roll a few months ago. Sold it for 3k or whatever the going rate was - not much of a reimbursement on the 20k or so I paid when I originally got him, but that's just how it goes. ;)

As someone else suggested, though, if they really are going for 15k on your server still, you'd be much better off making a trade alt on another server and amassing gold there. Trying to farm them all yourself is only going to cause frustration. Remember the drop rates are so low because thousands and thousands of people do these raids, and only a fairly small percentage of those care about pets. :)

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » March 12th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Ran LFR last week, and somehow got both pets on the last stage of Siege on the same run. Before that, had only seen one pet drop in a raid for me, had to buy the rest. Not as hard for me though, I average 2-3K a day on my main and that doesn't include the pet sales on my Illidan horde alt that's saving up for Viscous Horror. The first pet dropped from the 2nd roll for me though, so the extra chance does work.

Nyorai
Pet Score:5685
BattleTag®:jprich#1557
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Nyorai » March 13th, 2014, 1:13 am

Thanks. I was looking for some misery loves company.
In the process of getting some gold on a full server where prices are WAY more reasonable.
Im raided out from the cloak quest line so I may revisit them to throw away the last couple tokens before the next exp.

thanks all!

Post by Guest » March 14th, 2014, 4:06 am

Bought all mine from the AH.

Been using warforged seals on Sha of Pride, Blackfuse and Paragons since SoO was released on 4 level 90s. Haven't seen a single pet drop.

Never had a pet stone drop from one of the "raiding" bags either.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » March 14th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Nyorai wrote:Has ANYONE gotten a pet from ToT or SoO?
Ive used tokens on the bosses since I could do them and noooooooothing.
Looks like I will be paying inflated prices on the AH for them. ( 15k the cheapest for any )
I got two from ToT. It was (weirdly) within a half hour of each other. Ran the first wing and got the Sandling then queued for the second wing, got put into a group on Ji, and had that pet drop. Those were the only two I've gotten from these raids. After trying for them for so long on my healers, I ended up buying or trading for them. As a healer, I hate the LFR version of Blackfuse with a passion.