Viscous Horrors -- Will it drop in price?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us
Re: Viscous Horrors -- Will it drop in price?

Post by Dirkie » March 3rd, 2014, 1:38 pm

If we are talking one year from now, I personally think the value will remain high. TUJ shows less than 20 VH on North American servers,Horde and Alliance combined. Compared to the EST which lists 500 across Horde and Alliance yet the price is still high. Plus if you really wanted a EST you could just buy it with real world $$$ by purchasing the TCGs. Someone has to go into the raid and have the VH drop in order to get the pet. I know people run old content but I don't think there will be enough people running it to greatly increase the number of pets on the AH and lower the price. For me it is easier to use virtual $$$ (i.e. gold) to buy a pet I am pretty sure I will never see drop. I may never run the raid or Normal or Heroic for that matter unless I can solo it... and with a priest, not likely going to happen any time soon. The biggest variable in the price of the VHs moving forward is Bliz. If they up the drop rate, add an alternative method of getting the pet or begin listing it on the BMAH, yeah then the price will take a beating. Otherwise lets revisit this forum in a year and see. For round numbers TUJ is listing the VH Horde market price as $170K and the EST as $130K (Horde as well).

Post by Guest » March 5th, 2014, 7:32 am

1. I don't think you'll be solo'ing ToT Normal in 6.0 You might be able to at the very end of 6.4
2. <1% drop chance.
3. Weekly reset.
4. Less than 1% of the people currently doing this raid / week will continue to do it into 6.0+ meaning that you will see 0.01 times as many viscous horrors on the auction house.

This pet will eventually get very rare.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » March 5th, 2014, 7:47 am

Many people who want this pet won't be able to solo a heroic 90 raid at lvl 100, I see the price dropping a little bit but staying in the 70-80k range easily. Maybe a year or 2 after WoD comes out and we all have super good last tier raid gear...

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 5th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Melmo wrote:Many people who want this pet won't be able to solo a heroic 90 raid at lvl 100, I see the price dropping a little bit but staying in the 70-80k range easily. Maybe a year or 2 after WoD comes out and we all have super good last tier raid gear...
Mind you, Viscous Horror drops in normal +. In mop beta it used to be a heroic only pet.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » March 6th, 2014, 8:38 am

Haevlyn wrote:1. I don't think you'll be solo'ing ToT Normal in 6.0 You might be able to at the very end of 6.4
2. <1% drop chance.
3. Weekly reset.
4. Less than 1% of the people currently doing this raid / week will continue to do it into 6.0+ meaning that you will see 0.01 times as many viscous horrors on the auction house.

This pet will eventually get very rare.
It isn´t even about being able to solo it, it is about how long it will take TO solo it even if you can. Spending 5 hours to solo a raid to make a video to prove you can do it is one thing... but doing that every week for a pet with a 1% droprate is another thing.