Max Number Of Pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Terribletim68
Max Number Of Pets?

Post by Terribletim68 » February 20th, 2014, 10:16 am

I have yet to find anything definitive, so does anyone know the max amount of pets you can have?

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Re: Max Number Of Pets?

Post by Domie » February 20th, 2014, 10:16 am

Im pretty sure its 1000 now :)

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » February 20th, 2014, 11:24 am

Thank you! That's a lot!

Post by Guest » February 21st, 2014, 4:10 am

I'm at 704 and counting... I hope they raise the limit...

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 21st, 2014, 4:19 am

Haevlyn wrote:I'm at 704 and counting... I hope they raise the limit...
If they are going to up the pet count by a lot, we are going to need more slots for sure :P

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 21st, 2014, 12:02 pm

Yeah I'm at around 700 pets now with some dupes I'm holding on to for potentially using in breeding. I think 1000 will probably be enough at the start of the expansion but may be tight by the end of it as they add more pets.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 21st, 2014, 12:05 pm

It wouldn't hurt my feelings either if they up the limit,but I don't have any desire for blizz to up the level of our pets from 25 to 30 any time soon. I figure at some point its bound to happen as something to keep us busy and annoyed ;)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 21st, 2014, 12:43 pm

Shikon01 wrote:It wouldn't hurt my feelings either if they up the limit,but I don't have any desire for blizz to up the level of our pets from 25 to 30 any time soon. I figure at some point its bound to happen as something to keep us busy and annoyed ;)
I know how you feel there! I'm doing my final push this week to get all of mine to 25. I have like 15 left and I WILL FINISH this weekend. At least I keep telling myself that.

On the plus side, if they do increase the level to 30, I am pretty sure that I won't need to do any quests on many of my alts. Pet battle exp for the win!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 21st, 2014, 1:47 pm

I'm w/ you Dakaf, on praying they don't raise the level of the pets. I have leveled 2 toons from pet battles so far and will be able to level all my alts through pet battles alone. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed from being so lost in pand land and all the boucing around w/ the reps. As a rule, I hate grinding rep, but it is a necessity and required for patterns and gold producing items I need ( like Tillers rep ). Maybe its just me, but w/ this last expansion, rep became more important than in previous expansions and I have the feeling it will be even more so in the next one that comes out. In the past, if you could afford it , you could just go to AH and buy what you really wanted and needed or items that gave rep. Now its all about the rep and no way of getting around it unless you stick w/ a gathering profession. I will finish up tillers rep today then move on to celestial rep as I need the satchel pattern really bad. I have gotten to the point now, where I skip as much of unneeded rep as possible because I hate the damn grind. As a solo player, for much of the time I don't do dungeons and raids and as such rep has now become an evil necessity. At least, I'm starting to get a little oriented and hope that helps since my shadow priest is fixing to hit 90. I'm not even hitting the required chains to open portals to other areas until I can buy my flying in panda land because hoofing it is such a pain in my ass and just overall less frustrating for my play and gaming pleasure.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 21st, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thankfully all their indications so far are that they have no plans to raise the level cap for pets in Warlords. I'm sure it will happen eventually but we should have at least two years before that happens as it doesn't sound like it will be any sooner than the next expansion after Warlords. I can't see them doing it as part of a patch for Warlords as it would require far too much new content to be part of a patch.