Share pet collecting news and advice.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Concerned with patch notes...

Post by Index » November 13th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Hi folks,

latest string change as below

ERR_CANT_CAGE_PET_YET - You can't cage this pet for another %d hours and %d minutes.

I'm hoping to God that they aren't capping the amount of a type of pet you can cap within a certain period of time. I know it's only speculation, but what are peoples thought's on this?

D.

Riven
Top Rater
Pet Score:3606
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Concerned with patch notes...

Post by Riven » November 13th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Yikes, that does not sound so great. Well, perhaps if they do that, they will make battle stones more common.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 13th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Curious. I wonder if there is some exploit going on. Or, it might be to limit gold farmers or AH bots? I had to cage tons when battle pets were just in, but now? Unless it's from people trying to mass sell alliance vendor pets to hordies via caging I dunno what they'd be stopping.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 13th, 2012, 6:42 pm

My guess isn't a cap on how many you can cage per hour, but it's a similar system as the Guardian Cub. After purchasing that pet, it's soulbound for a set amount of time. Only after that time has passed can you sell it/trade it to others.

Perhaps there's a new (or old/existing) pet that's completely soulbound, but after a certain amount of time it can be caged and then traded.

This is probably just wishful thinking... but maybe CE pets? :3
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 13th, 2012, 7:09 pm

My guess is that it is to stop people stocking up on vendor rep pets. Instead of learning 20 pets and caging them, you will now have to buy only max 3, learn them, and perhaps wait a few days before you can cage any of them, or only cage one unique pet per week, not two of the same type. Well, something like that.

I guess I can just go out and say it, pets like Sporeggar rep, and the Northrend pet named Pengu are rep based and cageable, so people stock up on them and sell. I think it may be a way to reduce the overflow of those pets in the market. At first after the patch these pets were really overpriced, a week ago they were still up around 3000g, but now people have really caught on, and there are tons @ ah for ~200g, which is still a nice profit for those who do it, of course, but it seems to have normalized somewhat as it becomes common knowledge.

...come to think of it, perhaps there is no need for blizzard to fix it after all, it will fix itself, and I am wrong in my guesswork. :)