Camping Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flyingdoxie
MVP
Pet Score:4499
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Camping Pets

Post by Flyingdoxie » February 13th, 2014, 10:06 am

I am just wondering if there is an Add-on that would notify you when a pet appears in a rare spawn camping situation? I am looking for something similar to "NPC scan" that basically blasts a horn at you when a rare NPC is the area. This would be helpful when "camping" for a pet so that you can "multi task" and not just sit there staring at the wow screen waiting for it to spawn or snow or rain etc....

Any suggestions or interest in such an add-on? Thanks!

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: Camping Pets

Post by Index » February 13th, 2014, 10:13 am

not sure, but could you not just add the NPC id manually to NPCscan? I know I did this for the Val'kyr, though it was a little buggy to say the least ;)

Not sure if later versions might be more stable in regards to this?

Cheers.

Flyingdoxie
MVP
Pet Score:4499
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Flyingdoxie » February 13th, 2014, 10:26 am

thanks Index, I did try it with NPC scan but when I tested it, it didn't seem to respond as it should. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Glad to hear it worked for you!

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 13th, 2014, 12:40 pm

It should work fine with npc scan, you just have to make sure you dont have the pet in the cache already.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 13th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Domie wrote:It should work fine with npc scan, you just have to make sure you dont have the pet in the cache already.
This. I found that NPCscan works ok if I add the pet after clearing my cache and making sure that it's not showing in my Pet Journal (uncheck the option that shows all the pets that you don't have). The latter is especially important or else the addon will give a false-positive reading.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 14th, 2014, 4:56 am

Quintessence wrote:This. I found that NPCscan works ok if I add the pet after clearing my cache and making sure that it's not showing in my Pet Journal (uncheck the option that shows all the pets that you don't have). The latter is especially important or else the addon will give a false-positive reading.
Yeah, i forgot about that second part, if i remember correctly, when you open the pet log it cache all the pets if you open the pet journal, but it worked fine for me to use npc scan to find the valkyr, havnt really used it for anything else tho :)