olympics soon

Post by Tatra » February 4th, 2014, 2:57 am

is blizzard going to do anything for the Olympics just wondering

Index
Pet Score:12787
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: olympics soon

Post by Index » February 4th, 2014, 4:43 am

They didn't do anything for the last one, so not sure to be honest. Unlikely would be my guess :(

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12535
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » February 4th, 2014, 8:56 am

Ive been waiting for them to do this again since the 2008 Olympics. I got the tabbard first time around but never got the pet. Pretty sure it originally involved pvp in some way and at that time I was only playing a healer and dreaded pvp.

If i had only known i woulda just sucked it up. :cry: I hope they bring it out again but im not holding my breath.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 5th, 2014, 3:08 am

I have an unplayed char on a remote server and the only reason I've not deleted it, is because he has that tabard.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13693
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » February 5th, 2014, 9:12 pm

They did in 2008, so I expected them to do it with the last one too, and even World cups and such, but no .... I guess the first time was only because there wasent really much of a blizzard pet shop back then.
We also used to get pets when WoW got a year older, now we get a rep and exp boost for 10 days and pets in the shop that we can buy.

And yes, you had to do pvp for that one. one or a few people in every finished battleground was sellected to be rewarded with the pet for their actions inthere.
I still got no idea how they picked them, it wasent for kills or point cause I farmed them on all the chars I had at the time (hated it and wanted to cry and probably did a bit :D), and none of my pretty ladies was ever first on kills or points, or atleast most wasnt.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » February 6th, 2014, 9:15 am

We asked for a Moose for the 2010 Winter games and that didn't happen. I doubt they'll give us anything for Sochi, although I wouldn't mind a bear on a unicycle!

On the plus side, the 10 year anniversary of WoW and 20 year anniversary of Warcraft this year should be worth something. I would not be adverse to an Orc Peon that says "What you want?" when you click on him!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 7th, 2014, 5:36 pm

To get the Spirit of Competition, you had to win a battleground. And it wasn't guaranteed that winning would get you the pet. Just doing the BG got you the tabard.

I was level 60 or 61 and had not yet done my epic Warlock dreadsteed quest chain, and refused to pay for it when the quest would get it for me for "free". Being in the 60s, I was put in the max level BG with the 70s. On a slower mount, with significantly less health. And my side had to *win*.

I earned that dragon.

That said, I was always surprised they didn't continue it for later Olympics. It was definitely incentive to get people to try PVP. It was the first time I ventured into a battleground. I remember standing next to the flag carrier in WSG and asking my guild why she was hiding.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Somewhere along the line I deleted mine when I ran out of BANK room and I when I was cleaning house months after I got it and I haven't got over that yet :(

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » February 7th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Shikon01 wrote:Somewhere along the line I deleted mine when I ran out of BANK room and I when I was cleaning house months after I got it and I haven't got over that yet :(
I deleted my Baby Blizzard Bear once, and all I had to do was submit a ticket explaining what happened. If you have the achievement for obtaining the Spirit of Competition (Feat of Strength, it'll be the year 2008), you'll definitely get it back. If not, submit a ticket anyways and see what happens.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Opallena wrote:
Shikon01 wrote:Somewhere along the line I deleted mine when I ran out of BANK room and I when I was cleaning house months after I got it and I haven't got over that yet :(
I deleted my Baby Blizzard Bear once, and all I had to do was submit a ticket explaining what happened. If you have the achievement for obtaining the Spirit of Competition (Feat of Strength, it'll be the year 2008), you'll definitely get it back. If not, submit a ticket anyways and see what happens.

Its been a while since I deleted it,but won't hurt to try. I just figured since it was due to my careless stupidity they wouldn't give it a thought since it was my error so the worse that can happen is be told no. Thank you much :)