Wild Pets with Yellow Exclamation Mark

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shippy64
Pet Score:2091
Realm:Wildhammer-us
Wild Pets with Yellow Exclamation Mark

Post by Shippy64 » February 4th, 2014, 12:21 am

Does anyone know why some wild pets have a yellow (golden) exclamation mark on their avatar?

This has been bugging me for a while my curiosity finally made me post the question.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Wild Pets with Yellow Exclamation Mark

Post by Kendrah » February 4th, 2014, 12:42 am

Shippy64 wrote:Does anyone know why some wild pets have a yellow (golden) exclamation mark on their avatar?

This has been bugging me for a while my curiosity finally made me post the question.

They're the fabled pets for the fabled dailies you get when you beat all the other dailies. In Panda-land, there are the normal trainers, then the spirits (the ones you can't get to without flight), and finally the fabled beasts. The beasts are lumped into three dailies of which you get a lesser pet treat for when you complete them. You can't tame them and they don't give good EXP for carry pet.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 4th, 2014, 3:02 am

There could be another explanation ...
There is an addon (can't remember exactly which right now), that does this when the pet is an upgrade for you. For example, you have a common version and this is uncommon or rare - or it's a pet you don't currently have, in which case even the uncommons are marked.

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » February 4th, 2014, 3:59 am

Waflob wrote:There could be another explanation ...
There is an addon (can't remember exactly which right now), that does this when the pet is an upgrade for you. For example, you have a common version and this is uncommon or rare - or it's a pet you don't currently have, in which case even the uncommons are marked.
I do think you are right. It's the addon PetTracker.

Fabled Beasts have an orange paw instead of a green one above their head, not an exclamation mark.

The exclamation mark of Pet Tracker does not put a yellow exclamation mark on their head 'in the wild', but it does so on their avatar while you are battling.