how to get vanilla CE pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cerkerseresr
MVP
Pet Score:8212
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Re: how to get vanilla CE pets

Post by Cerkerseresr » January 31st, 2013, 7:19 am

Does anyone know if CE pets can be obtained through a used copy of the game? I really don't want to spend $2,000 to $3,000 on a new copy of the original WOW CE but, I also don't want to spend $300 on a used copy if I'm not going to get the pets.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » January 31st, 2013, 8:30 am

If the key was used, which it probably was, you can't get the pet.
It has to be an unused key, which is becoming rarer each day. Therefore the high prices.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 31st, 2013, 1:18 pm

The collector's editions included more than just the pets... and the pet aspect of the CEs has changed, so I don't think it's too much to ask for Blizzard to put those pets in their store -or even just a different version with similar models... like we have Landro's Lil XT and Landro's Lichling from the trading card game and the same models on sale in the blizzard store.

Same with Blizzcon pets.

I've accepted that I will probably never own these special pets, but I think it's pretty sad if someone gets upset that people are being given a chance to own a few pixels that they were one of the select few to have it before.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 31st, 2013, 1:59 pm

For things like the AQ secpter mount, Black Drake, etc I can understand people getting a little upset over as they had to actually put in time and effort into getting them. But the CE and BlizzCon pets all people had to do was spend money, get lucky with finding one in stores or actually be able to get time off of work to go.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Lilac
Top Rater
Pet Score:6830
BattleTag®:Kieran#2251
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Lilac » January 31st, 2013, 2:32 pm

Dragonwizard wrote: But the CE and BlizzCon pets all people had to do was spend money, get lucky with finding one in stores or actually be able to get time off of work to go.

surely thats all you still need to do? im sure ebay still has original CE/blizzcon stuff from time to time?

i missed getting murky, deathy and the original CE pets but i hope blizzard dont put them on the pet store or make them availabe in any way, as much as id love them.

Pennymads
Pet Score:5562
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Pennymads » January 31st, 2013, 3:46 pm

Hello everyone! I hate to say this because it makes me feel like I'm being snobby, but I kinda hope that they don't release the original CE pets again. My dad and I actually stood in line to get our names added to the wait list for the CE, and it was a very popular game in the town we live in. My dad got his for the little things that came in the box and I specifically was looking forward to the panda cub that came with it (I can't remember if I knew about it when the information about the CE was initially released or not).

There are always going to be a few things in game that aren't going to be available again. The Spirit of Competition, for example. Anyways, it gives me a sense of pride when I can bust out my panda when I am out and about.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 31st, 2013, 3:58 pm

My brother has an original CE. Transferring toons does not work. :cry:

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 31st, 2013, 4:46 pm

I watched and watched and bidded and bidded on BC CE's over and over and eventually got one for $150.00. I was very happy indeed.

However, I'll never fork out the required moolah for Vanilla CE, unless of course I win the lottery.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 31st, 2013, 11:40 pm

Pennymads wrote:Hello everyone! I hate to say this because it makes me feel like I'm being snobby, but I kinda hope that they don't release the original CE pets again. My dad and I actually stood in line to get our names added to the wait list for the CE, and it was a very popular game in the town we live in. My dad got his for the little things that came in the box and I specifically was looking forward to the panda cub that came with it (I can't remember if I knew about it when the information about the CE was initially released or not).

There are always going to be a few things in game that aren't going to be available again. The Spirit of Competition, for example. Anyways, it gives me a sense of pride when I can bust out my panda when I am out and about.

I think its an eventuality that they will provide them in some form, be it a digital upgrade to CE, or something else. There's too much money they could make from it, honestly. And no offense, but the people that still play who have the vanilla CE are a very tiny number compared to the whole so they probably wouldn't be too concerned about a few people possibly being upset.

It feels like it is a matter of time. We'll see though. In the mean time, I personally have got my hands on everything from BC on. If only I had a rich relative! :P

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 31st, 2013, 11:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring this back. I remember when they brought back the PvP titles. There was a HUGE uproar about it that did no good. Basically the, "your not special anymore" attitude. I started after the CEs, so I'd love to have a shot at them. Especially knowing pets are a big part of the game now.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 1st, 2013, 11:21 am

I would love to be able to get some of these pets for less than the thousands of real dollars that the few available on the internet seem to fetch. In reality, the people who would be hurt are those who are hoping to make some real money selling CE that they had stashed away.

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » March 6th, 2013, 11:20 am

was just reading thru this thread again current price on av is around 2 - 3k on ebay kind of sad - unlessi was rich of course then i wouldnt care but im not either way pretty sure of blizz fetched them out for us to pay we would lol..just be nice to have an option especially since playing since vanilla
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Mowse » March 7th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Don't be surprised if they bring them back, it's just a matter of time. They've removed nearly every other "special" quality about the game, and with the addition of the BMAH, I would definitely not be surprised if they started showing up there. Some of the old mounts awarded from long removed achievements have already appeared.

Pocketimp
Top Rater
Pet Score:5016
BattleTag®:Pocketimp#1179
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Pocketimp » March 7th, 2013, 3:50 pm

I pre-ordered the original CE and every CE after. In fact, the original CE had you start a quest to get the pet and you had to choose which one you wanted. It was only later on that they gave you all three. I actually still have copies of the BOA pets on an alt and think one of my mules may still have the quest. I'm curious if a character transfer with a toon that has the pet but never learned it would work or one who still has the quest.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » March 8th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Mowse wrote:Don't be surprised if they bring them back, it's just a matter of time. They've removed nearly every other "special" quality about the game, and with the addition of the BMAH, I would definitely not be surprised if they started showing up there. Some of the old mounts awarded from long removed achievements have already appeared.
Cory Stockton in his Warcraftpets interview was very opposed to making those old pets available again, saying doing so would lessen the prestige of the players who originally had them. He said there was a big difference between offering a TCG pet on the BMAH and offering a Blizzcon or Collector's Edition pet. He was even opposed to recolors.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 8th, 2013, 3:31 pm

I feel if they are going to do this then they should have a way to also get the pets from the regions you don't live in (like all those iCoke pets.)

Then again I have all the CE pets :)

Mowse
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Mowse » March 8th, 2013, 6:56 pm

I'm not sure Blizzard cares much about prestige anymore. Anytime you look at the front page of mmmochamp and there is a discussion about raiding, the blues are very adamant that prestige doesn't matter, that everyone should have a chance. In fact, even bringing up that word is usually an opportunity for one to scoff at you. I'd imagine that just because some of the staff is against it, doesn't mean they won't eventually go through with it anyway.

I'd love to have a panda, but I can settle for the cute mop ones. I'm a big believer in the whole "prestige" aspect of the game. Having old pets that are unobtainable should stay that way (as much as I'd like that vampire batling for my collection >.>) It's the same way I feel about raiding - in Vanilla, I used to drool at those elite raiders who showed off their sparkly purples because it was difficult to obtain, and it made me want to be a better player. I worked hard, and now I'm one of those people. But Blizzard has ruined the dreamy aspect of that by allowing most players to achieve those goals as well. It's a bit different from pet collecting, but as I said, I just wouldn't be surprised if that is how it ends up.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 9th, 2013, 3:41 am

I agree with that. I only have the WotLK CE pet, because I thought I needed the CE at that time. Turns out it's not worth the additional money for me, so I didn't buy a CE again since then.
I'm content with not having those pets and never being able to obtain them in other ways. Some things shouldn't be changed for the sake of trust in a company.

Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu

Post by Trystan » March 11th, 2013, 7:25 am

:!: :!: :!:

Let me give you a good tip!

I got my Classic Collectors Edition (UNOPENED) 1 week ago by buying it over at Ebay Denmark for around 300 Dollars!

Check my Armory Profile if you do not believe me. :)

In order to success, search other internet auction houses aswell. I looked for the CE around half a year in different auction houses. (Not just Ebay USA/UK)!

Search in small countries like Denmark, etc.

A lot of people do not do that, and thus pay thousands for their CEs.

EDIT: Not believing me? Search German Ebay "Kleinanzeigen" (Kleinanzeigen = Local Offers) for "Collectors Warcraft", and you will find an unused Classic Collectors Edition for 300 Euro (~400 Dollars). Sadly only selling to local German people.

Still, you will find plenty of offers like these!!!

:!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Trystan on March 11th, 2013, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu

Post by Trystan » March 11th, 2013, 7:39 am

Crysania wrote:thanks all for very articulate answers
i'm not very good at English so i'm asking you this straight question: can I merge my account with a CE vanilla account not yet trasformed in a battlenet account?
This is possible.

There is a high change for you to get banned though, because Blizzard will see that names are different. It has happened multiple times in the past, and you should not do this. Why take the risk?

See my above comment on how to get a legit CE. :)