Addon Help

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kalium
Top Rater
Addon Help

Post by Kalium » January 21st, 2014, 1:58 pm

I would have a much easier time naming my individual pets if I had the ability to see the sex of my pet in game. It would be even better if I could see the sex of pets on the AH as well. Does an addon like this exist?

Kalium
Top Rater

Re: Addon Help

Post by Kalium » February 12th, 2014, 9:57 am

I hate to bump my own thread but if no one has seen an addon like this... maybe I'll try make it myself. Does anyone at least have a passing interest in an addon with this functionality?

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 13th, 2014, 3:25 am

I thought the breed number indicated this - can't remember which way round it is though, whether the higher number is male or female.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 13th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Waflob wrote:I thought the breed number indicated this - can't remember which way round it is though, whether the higher number is male or female.
It does, but you cant see the breed number ingame without some addon for it, atleast not to my knowledge.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » February 13th, 2014, 1:07 pm

The breed add-on I use does not say whether the pet is male or female, it doesn't tell you the single digit number, it only shows 3,13 or 6,16 etc. and not actually telling you what the pet is that you caught. The gender is imbedded into the pet itself, and the only way I can tell right now is to have the pet uploaded into my warcraftpets collection.

Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Xandr » February 16th, 2014, 6:16 am

The actual Breed ID is not available in game. The addons calculate the breed according to the stats the pet has.

The only way to get the breed ID is by accessing the Battle.net API.