You've collected 0 pets

Variety

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zenbuddhist

Pet Score: 2092
Realm: Llane-US

Variety

Postby Zenbuddhist » November 9th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Anyone else wish there was more variety in pet skins? I know there are hundreds of pets, but look at all the cats, crabs, spiders and such that are damn near identical. The rabbits are all alike for the most part. I mean, we have five cockroaches that are exactly the same, but for their names.

I know that balancing all of the pets is a challenge, which is why we have SO many similar attacks. And I'm ok with that (within reason).

But using the same skins/styles for SO many pets just strikes me as very lazy development.

Before anyone says it, I know it's a work in progress and more pets are coming. Still, after taming my 9th frog that is the very same blocky replica of the 8 that came before it (and the 4 identical toads), I can't help but sigh and roll my eyes at Blizzard's art team.

Malanade
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2264
BattleTag®: Malanade#1295
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Variety

Postby Malanade » November 9th, 2012, 2:40 pm

I wish maybe they'd come out with more skins, yes, that'd be really nice. I was a bit disappointed with all the copies in different zones..

Or at least have a team to make skins for the adults/little baby versions. I know they're redoing some mounts and are redoing textures for playable character as well, but I hope they update all the animals too c:

Sesamee

Pet Score: 4083
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Variety

Postby Sesamee » November 11th, 2012, 10:14 pm

I agree! At least make them different colors or something. What's the point of having five cockroaches that are different but the same??

Return to Pet Collecting