Viscous Horror and Tuskarr kite next to be Duped

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bignasty
Top Rater
Viscous Horror and Tuskarr kite next to be Duped

Post by Bignasty » January 18th, 2014, 10:18 pm

hate to say it, but yet more rare and hard to get pets are about to be duped :S, was informed by a duper today that next month has these 2 pets coming...

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Viscous Horror and Tuskarr kite next to be Duped

Post by Hootstwo » January 19th, 2014, 11:44 am

I'm really surprised to hear about the horror! Kite doesn't surprise me, but I thought the in game drop pets were relatively safe from dupers.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » January 19th, 2014, 11:51 am

Bignasty wrote:hate to say it, but yet more rare and hard to get pets are about to be duped :S, was informed by a duper today that next month has these 2 pets coming...
And you don't report him? Interesting :(

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » January 19th, 2014, 3:31 pm

where does it say what action I took?... bit quick on the trigger there ain't you?

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » January 20th, 2014, 1:45 am

Bignasty wrote:
where does it say what action I took?... bit quick on the trigger there ain't you?
Was just wondering, cause why would a duper say he's a duper... :)

Anyways, back on topic; let's hope it's not true... /fingers crossed

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » January 20th, 2014, 2:55 am

Ruststorm wrote:
Bignasty wrote:
Was just wondering, cause why would a duper say he's a duper... :)

Anyways, back on topic; let's hope it's not true... /fingers crossed

see all those lvl 1's in trade selling Spec Cubs, soul traders and Dragon kites, more often than not, these are farmers who work for the dupers.They dont care about getting caught they are on trial accs and as soon as they get the gold, it is given to a 2nd person on a different account, and they delete that toon, if you call them out and just ask when they are going to dupe XXXX pet they well outright tell you..
and for the record, Yes I reported

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » January 20th, 2014, 3:46 am

Bignasty wrote: They dont care about getting caught they are on trial accs and as soon as they get the gold, it is given to a 2nd person on a different account, and they delete that toon.
This is the part that always confuses me - surely (!) Blizzard have the means to track the gold. They must see where it goes and should be able to act accordingly.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » January 20th, 2014, 3:54 am

Bignasty wrote:if you call them out and just ask when they are going to dupe XXXX pet they well outright tell you..
Hmm I'm going to give that a try :) I truly hope they can't give me an answer to the question! Even tho I still need the Tuskarr Kite, i want it to be a legit one <3

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » January 20th, 2014, 4:50 am

Bignasty wrote:They dont care about getting caught they are on trial accs and as soon as they get the gold, it is given to a 2nd person on a different account, and they delete that toon,
Trial accounts can't trade nor use the mail (at least on European servers*). Those are probably hacked accounts.

*) But yes, I have never seen these level 1 trying to sell such awesome stuff. Maybe my server is not big enough.

Post by Guest » January 20th, 2014, 6:00 am

EU-Draenor (Horde side)

There are 3-4 of these level 1s in trade channel at any one time selling level 1 Ethereal Soul Traders, Spectral Cubs, Tuskarr Kites, Dragon Kites and Rocket Chickens.

Apparently the "process" involves hoodwinking the TCG NPC in booty bay so it actually creates a pet off an invalid code.
Blizzard can't "prove" the pet once it's been traded / learned / re-caged / traded because once it's re-caged it becomes a "legit" pet and it's impossible to track which pet came from an illegal code.

I'll be interested if Viscous Horror becomes the next duped pet because its not a TCG pet, and this means their duping has moved onto newer methods.

Littlething
Pet Score:2902

Post by Littlething » January 20th, 2014, 11:02 am

I always see dragon kites, cubs and traders being duped but not yet a rocket chicken or tuskarr. Sometimes I do see suspicious level ones selling a whole collection of tcg mounts 'cheap' heh. I am on a high pop and always sitting in sw reading trade! It makes sense that they could dupe any tcg mount or pet though if the post about about hoodwinking the code guy is true. Viscous Horror is another matter! I will be quite surprised if I see them being sold en masse. Would be shame as that is one of the most valuable pets at the moment.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » January 20th, 2014, 11:05 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please - I believe only TCG pets have ever been duped. As pointed out above, duping an in-game pet like the Horror would mean something entirely different is happening.

Not that I take claims like these very seriously...anyone can say anything they want to, and there's always wanna-be "I'm so baaaad" types that will claim just about anything for the sake of attention.

Also, as far as I know, Blizzard STILL claims that duping is non-existent and that any suspicious pets/mounts come from compromised accounts. I have no idea why they'd make such a claim, but I believe they've asserted it consistently.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 20th, 2014, 11:45 am

I want to chime in with a point.

I'll ask players not to be prejudiced against lvl 1 players selling an expensive pet. I just traded for a Viscous Horror and made a lvl 1 on Sargeras Alliance because I'd like to sell the pet where there's a good pet economy...gold there means buying at excellent prices.

So ... dont presume a lvl 1 seller is some tail end of a bot scam.
--------------------------
BTW - I know this is not the trade forum but my VH (legit one) is still up at a 114k buyin

~ or hit me up for an offer if you like~ not so much into mounts
kingsfoiler#1479

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » January 20th, 2014, 11:56 am

As I've been looking for my last few tradable pets I have to agree that I haven't yet seen any indication that the rocket chicken or the Tuskarr kite are being duped. If there really is an exploit with the redemption NPC I would think that both of those pets would be getting duped, especially the Tuskarr kite given its current value.

I have to admit I'm of mixed opinion on this. On the one hand I know that any duping or hacking the game is bad and that this is ultimately just feeding gold sellers and scammers. On the other hand, I need 5 more trabable pets and dupers selling them is going to make it easier for me to get the pets and ultimately I have no way of knowing for sure what is and isn't duped. I suspect my ethereal soul-trader I recently purchased was duped but I don't know for sure. That doesn't stop me from being happy I got a good deal.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » January 20th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Kpb321 wrote:As I've been looking for my last few tradable pets I have to agree that I haven't yet seen any indication that the rocket chicken or the Tuskarr kite are being duped. If there really is an exploit with the redemption NPC I would think that both of those pets would be getting duped, especially the Tuskarr kite given its current value.

I have to admit I'm of mixed opinion on this. On the one hand I know that any duping or hacking the game is bad and that this is ultimately just feeding gold sellers and scammers. On the other hand, I need 5 more trabable pets and dupers selling them is going to make it easier for me to get the pets and ultimately I have no way of knowing for sure what is and isn't duped. I suspect my ethereal soul-trader I recently purchased was duped but I don't know for sure. That doesn't stop me from being happy I got a good deal.
Kudos to you for being honest :) I really do not want to support duping either, it ruins the game..but that sekret part of me is giddy at actually being able to FIND a Viscous Horror. I have been spamming my server, checking others, trying to trade here, etc...all in an effort to get that pet. No luck.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 20th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:dont presume a lvl 1 seller is some tail end of a bot scam.
^ This, for sure. Many people legitimately use bank toons for the convenience factor (they're always right at the AH, extra bag space) but I constantly see people saying in trade, "You can't trust a level 1." You just have to go by gut feeling sometimes. As long as I don't feel that there's something fishy, I have no issue doing transactions with a level 1.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 21st, 2014, 6:08 am

This is one reason I make sure to have my 'Trainer' title attached to my toon on a level one. I love battlepets ..collecting ..battling ... so I did the pvp grind this past summer to get 1000 wins early (super glad I did before the Ultraheal teams hit)

I figure if a buyer sees that at least my main is a trainer that I'm a dedicated pet player and not a scamming seller.
(This acknowledging that bots exist in pvp thus acquiring a title could happen that way)

Darmand
Pet Score:4239
Realm:Shattered Halls-us

Post by Darmand » January 21st, 2014, 6:18 am

Peanutty wrote:
Tekulve2012 wrote:dont presume a lvl 1 seller is some tail end of a bot scam.
Many people legitimately use bank toons for the convenience factor (they're always right at the AH, extra bag space) but I constantly see people saying in trade, "You can't trust a level 1."
There's more than one factor at work here.

Yes there are some folks out there who are truly concerned about the greater good of the community.

There's also some good old fashioned jealousy at work there as well. Even today most players don't keep much gold. Nothing wrong with that. They just don't spend the time needed to amass a fortune. But that doesn't stop them from being a little envious of those who have millions. WoW millionaires often use those lvl 1 bank alts and those alts are frequently the victims of trade chat trolling.

If you pay close enough attention you can usually tell the difference between some rich dudes bank alts and a gold hacker, though.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » January 21st, 2014, 8:01 am

Darmand wrote:WoW millionaires often use those lvl 1 bank alts
They should use a level 5, because at level 5 you'll be able to learn Engineering. And with Engineering, even at skill level 1, you can use the Engineering AH and bank which are right next to the guild bank and mailbox in your shrine. You don't have to move to reach all 4 things.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » January 21st, 2014, 10:37 am

I play the AH as a secondary mini-game, and have to say that many of us who've accumulated a lot of in-game wealth actually do not use level 1 alts for any transactions.

Level 1 alts are a waste of potential crafting income. Even if I just throw transmute alchemy on a seldom-played alt, that's another Living Steel cooldown every day. But most importantly, level 1 alts tend to catch Blizzard's attention, and not in a good way. They are prone to being flagged for 'suspicious' activity and subsequently banned for allegedly exploiting the economy. Getting those bans lifted is a pain, and not guaranteed.

I don't care what title your level 1 has. If it's level 1, I view that character with suspicion, and I don't give it the benefit of the doubt...not so much because I think whatever that level 1 may be doing will 'ruin' the WoW economy (I suspect most of you here would buy a Viscous Horror from a level 1 that offered it for 20K gold, but that's another debate) but because I simply don't want to engage in transactions with anyone who may be flagged as suspicious by whatever Blizzard's warning flags are.

Blizzard has never acknowledged that duping exists, and they in fact deny it. So all any player can do is be clear about their own set of in-game ethical standards and try to protect themselves from situations that could result in the loss of gold or items, or which could result in a ban.