Capturing Pets Without Killing Them

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Byzrk
Capturing Pets Without Killing Them

Post by Byzrk » November 9th, 2012, 2:03 am

So I remember in Pokemon using False Swipe, which would leave 1hp if it was a killing blow, to capture Pokemon that were lower level. So far, I've found 2 methods that are effective for myself in capturing lower level pets without killing them.

First is to use random appropriate-level pets when fighting in the wild. This is not always ideal if you feel like grinding some levels with your main team while hunting rares. I always felt I wanted to include a decent high level pet handy to hunt rares with.

Another method I found is to use the ability Frog Kiss on my Mojo. This ability is also found on other frogs, notably Small Frog. The reason I use this ability is because it does small damage, and effectively lets you weaken the pet's health into capture range without overkill.

So anyone else have any useful tips for rare hunting without accidentally killing the pets? I'll be keeping my Mojo handy and I highly recommend training any frog for this useful ability.

Keilana
Pet Score:2274
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Capturing Pets Without Killing Them

Post by Keilana » November 9th, 2012, 2:12 am

Terrible Turnip has Weakening Blow, which is Tier 1

Unleashes a restrained attack, dealing 68 Elemental damage.
This attack cannot reduce the opponent's health below 1.

Byzrk

Post by Byzrk » November 9th, 2012, 2:18 am

Keilana wrote:Terrible Turnip has Weakening Blow, which is Tier 1

Unleashes a restrained attack, dealing 68 Elemental damage.
This attack cannot reduce the opponent's health below 1.
Nice! Just got this pet 2 days ago, looks so cute too ^_^

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » November 9th, 2012, 4:32 am

Aye, I use a levelling/low level hunting combo with Neep, another level 25, and the pet I'm levelling at the time.

That way you can hit once with the low level, then swap in the Turnip or the other pet depending on whether it's a cap or a kill.

You still need to watch out when going for pets that have a self damage ability tho, as dropping their health does put them in danger of killing themselves.

Arve,
alter.