Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us
Re: Who gets your first upgrade stone?

Post by Bonhomous » December 6th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Jetstream wrote:<---
<---
<---

Mechanical. Frickin'. Squirrel.

Yea, same here. I use my mechanical squirrel all the time.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 6th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Rickstaman05 wrote:
Poofah wrote: 2x dragonkin -- I broke down and rarified my poor breed 4 emerald proto-whelp. These are camped badly on my server(s) and I really wanted it for battling. The second stone is in my bags, waiting to see which of Infinite Whelp or Nexus Whelp I can get a breed 4 of first, and then I'll stone the other. The only dragonkin that's not already available as rare is the Proto-Whelp, and he's just an underwhelming version of Spawn of Onyxia -- plus his good moveset is duplicated on the emerald proto with better stats.
Thundering Serpent Hatchling Also comes in uncommon, or it least it did when I learned it :)
I don't have the Thundering yet -- hard to believe such a difficult achievement gives an uncommon. I'll probably bite the bullet and camp for the breed 4 Infinite and Nexus; it's not hard to find a few up here and there, I just haven't gotten lucky yet. I don't have many other uses for the dragon stones, but it's so random whether you get a stone and which you get, so I don't have much confidence that I'll get another if I use them up.

Mrsimon
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Mrsimon » December 7th, 2012, 10:58 am

I got a flying stone from a wild pet battle and a mechanical stone from a daily bag. Those are the only two I've gotten so far. I kind of like that they are so rare .... makes them feel much more special to me.

The mechanical stone went to my Yeti, which I'm super pumped about because I just captured a rare Fluxfire Feline. Those two mechanicals are going to make quite a combo. I'm also pretty stoked cause they are both very low level - I look forward to leveling them together.

The Yeti's lightening storm will give an extra 25% boost the feline's already very powerful attacks.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » December 7th, 2012, 11:11 am

I went through Dustwallow the last two days getting all my level 1's to 3 to avoid certain death when boosting if they are level 1 and I managed to get 4 stones (from all like 100 battles?) the battles: 2 aquatic, 1 beast, and 1 flawless. I also received a few from bags and other random battles plus my friend has be send him my pets to upgrade when he gets them. I mainly use them on pets I cannot upgrade any other way or have no desire to go farm them up etc. If I ever manage to get a scourged whelpling/minfernal you can bet your bottom dollar flawless or specific type stones will be used asap on those lovelies.

DiJiT
Pet Score:1570
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by DiJiT » December 9th, 2012, 2:26 pm

No doubt about it my Orange Tabby is the one I'm most looking forward to upgrading. That was my very first pet way back when and is always a favorite for me.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 9th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Pacer wrote:Does anyone know how the Scourged Whelplings attack Plagued Blood works? Does it scale with hp or power?
Plagued Blood deals 0.8*(20+power) damage, and from a sample size of ~20, it appears to heal for 0.2*(20+power), per hit. It scales very weakly with power, so depending on the situation, having health might actually be better. The available breeds are 6 (health) and 8 (power/speed) -- considering that you really don't want to go first, the extra speed on the breed 8 is pretty useless, and the extra power only gets you an extra ~6 health per Plagued Blood heal. In exchange you get 325 extra health on the breed 6 -- it would take more than 50 attacks for the breed 8 to make up for this difference with Plagued Blood heals. The breed 8 does kill the opponent slightly faster, but if you're aiming for survivability via Plagued Blood, the breed 6 is still better imo.