What DON'T you collect?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Twilight
Top Rater
Pet Score:1404
Realm:Hellscream-us
Re: What DON'T you collect?

Post by Twilight » December 13th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Ritsuka wrote:I think you're referring to things one intentionally doesn't collect, as opposed to things one physically or within the bounds of reason cannot collect.
Yeah, that was more the intention! Oh well ... :lol:

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 19th, 2011, 6:29 am

You can lump me in with the singlemindedly single-character as well.
Unless account-wide pets become cross-faction next year (?), then I'll be a sturdy alliance collector forever.

It would just annoy me that there were pets I owned that I couldn't always use. The winter veil pets provide a similar irritation =P

Siusy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5128
BattleTag®:siusy#1631
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Siusy » December 19th, 2011, 1:31 pm

As much as I'd love to have them, I have a hard time bringing myself to buy the tcg pets.. Even with 170 pets and counting, I have trouble spending real money on in-game pets..

I do have a few that cost money to get, though in most cases, I hadn't spent money myself..

~ I have a few of the blizz-store pets that were bartered from a friend in return for my farming the mats for and getting him a sandstone drake made..

~I have one collector's edition pet (from WotLK collector's edition - a gift from my fiance)

~ I have one from a Blizzcon virtual ticket pet (the only one I've personally spent money on - got the ticket because my son wanted to have the Ozzy concert playing during his birthday party hehe)

I guess I just have trouble justifying to myself spending rl money on anything in-game when it could be better spent on my three kids, my fiance, my home or my rl pets.. Not that I'd ever turn them down if they were offered - I just have to make sure I always put real life first in my priorities.. :>
Siusy ~ Resto Shammy, LWer, Engineer & Fluff Collector
Image Proud Suggie Mommy of Lilo & Stitch Image

Kymuri
Top Rater
Pet Score:13069
BattleTag®:Kymuri#2738
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Kymuri » December 23rd, 2011, 7:31 am

Even though I have been a pet collector since Vanilla, WoW has been my introduction to MMORPGs. In the beginning of my gaming career, I didn't realize how important the CEs would be to me later on. Now I wouldn't dream of purchasing an expansion without getting the CE. However; sadly, I don't have the original WoW or TBC CE pets. I still fantasize about having enough extra money to buy them one day though. Lol!!

The Mini Tyrael pet is my absolute favorite pet. The little dance he does is just the best!! Runner up is the Spectral Tiger Cub (and matching momma mount). Both of these are also on my fantasy list.

I have no qualms whatsoever about paying rl money for a pet from the Blizz pet store, or the Blizzcon pets ( I bought the live feed year before last & I have attended Blizzcon in person for the last 2 years, the pet just makes it even more awesome.)

My only other exclusions are the TcG pets, pets that are simply no longer available, or pets that you get from the purchase of another game's CE (For example Starcraft 2, if I don't already play the game I'm not going out of my way for a CE). Originally, I set out to build my collection without ever purchasing a TcG code. However; lately I have been very seriously reconsidering it. Lol!! :)

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » December 23rd, 2011, 10:17 am

As a rule, I dont collect any pet that i need spend real money to, i got some of Blizzard store that i trade with some friends in the past.
The reason is simple, i dont have enough money nor i am crazy to pay some prices and for those that i can affort i am not allowed to buy them, because my husband does not believe in buy stuffs with real money to be used in game.

But maybe i will open an exception to moonkin, my balance druid really need it.

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » December 27th, 2011, 3:39 am

Most tcg pets, past promotional pets/ collectors editions, diablo 3 and starcraft 2 collectors edition pets. Pretty much if I have to pay more then 10 dollars for it I wont bother.

Rawr... that is all.

Sugamonkey
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Sugamonkey » February 11th, 2012, 11:41 pm

i don't collect pets that cost real money or pets that come from being in a guild or pvp. I know I'm weird but I do not really like interacting with other people in game and I just don't have the time for guilds, raiding etc..

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » March 18th, 2012, 12:54 am

There are some things I go for more than others, but I don't really exclude anything. I still want it whether it's obtainable or not, lol. (I said I wouldn't get the spider because of my arachnophobia, but I did anyway since I had to do Blackrock for the worg puppy. Unfortunately, just putting spidey out for a second totally creeps me out! So I hope she enjoys hanging in the spell book with the other pets.) Anyway, warcraftpets but in an automatic exclude for your one character collection at one point, I think it was if you got the Alliance balloon, the Horde balloon was automatically excluded. And it looked dumb with just the one pet excluded, so I used some of the group excludes.

Update! Well, thinking about this, I really wanted to go back to no excluded pets. I hadn't tried it since they added multiple characters to one account. So I just reset the excludes to zero for all of my toons here, hope it stays that way. :)
Some of my best friends are imaginary…