What DON'T you collect?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: What DON'T you collect?

Post by Moritach » December 4th, 2011, 1:03 pm

I don't try for horde pets or the most expensive tcg pets. I just don't have the money to throw at things like that. :(

Akapunky
Top Rater
Pet Score:2971
BattleTag®:Punky#1707
Realm:Smolderthorn-us

Post by Akapunky » December 4th, 2011, 3:12 pm

I really only don't collect TCG pets that are out of my price range, CE pets I can't get because I can't find inexpensive old CE's, alliance only pets, or pets that are not obtainable on US servers.

Unohu
Top Rater
Pet Score:4444
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Unohu » December 4th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Wish I could get the European pets :cry:

Only ones I guess I could get but don't are the Horde Exclusive Pets. If we ever get account wide pets then that might change.

Alaylith
Top Rater
Pet Score:6720
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Alaylith » December 5th, 2011, 12:02 pm

I only really do not collect the ones I can't get (like Horde or TCG), the others I at least wish for. :)

Elion

Post by Elion » December 5th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Most TCG pets (though I have two - one was a gift, the other was a whim) and more recently I've stopped buying the Blizz store pets. I actually also have yet to pick up one of the Guardian Cubs from the AH, not sure if I ever will.

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 5th, 2011, 9:55 pm

I don't have any pets (or types of pets) that I don't collect because I don't like their look or anything, so the ones I don't get are the horde ones (no horde character), the non-US ones, and I am not even going to try to get the earlier Blizzcon/WWI ones because they are just so darn expensive!

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 5th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Like many others, I don't bother trying to collect the retired pets and various foreign promotion ones. TCG pets are mostly excluded, though every now and then I may get lucky or receive them from a friend. I buy Blizz Store ones occasionally, but my main focus is ones I can acquire in game. :)

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 6th, 2011, 9:29 am

Only the retired ones for me... I love throwing money at pointless things =/
Especially if they are collectable pointless things.

It's a problem.

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 6th, 2011, 1:33 pm

I'm not collecting the trading card pets (I have two I think, but they were just kind of serendipitous), or any of the pets from the Collector's Edition games or from other areas of the world. I have a general rule about video games: don't spend real money on fake items. I've already broken it...but in general I don't collect pets I have to pay for. The ones I have are (mostly!) gifts from others.

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 6th, 2011, 1:45 pm

NoxCrucifix wrote:I have a general rule about video games: don't spend real money on fake items.
Hee, I know a lot of people who have the same mentality. I completely understand it, but I got around it by thinking like this: what you're paying for isn't necessarily just a 'fake' item, you're paying for fun or enjoyment. Think about, say, going to a movie theatre. You pay to watch a movie, but you don't take anything real home with you. If you pay to go on a ride at a fair, once again you don't possess anything corporeal, you're paying for the experience. Even food, to a degree, isn't permanent. You just enjoy it for a moment while eating and after that it's gone. So I like to stay optimistic about purchasing things from the Blizz store and such. :) If I really want it, I'll buy it, since I know I'll get a lot of enjoyment seeing it in game with my character. ^^

Shinigami_Shimai
Pet Score:1419
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Shinigami_Shimai » December 6th, 2011, 4:05 pm

TCG, CE and out of region pets... the first two because they tend to go to my wife first and we stopped buying TCG recently and don't tend to buy two CE of a game... So I just get to watch her pets in envy as she runs ahead of me, I'm the healer.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 6th, 2011, 4:49 pm

I dont collect the TCG pets because they simply cost to much, but the pets that only cost ~10 euro i buy. Other than that i get my hands on everything no matter how ugly i find them :D

Zillum20
Pet Score:3233
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Zillum20 » December 7th, 2011, 2:16 am

I am not planning on collecting the TCG pets anytime soon, unless i happen to stumble upon from a pack, not gonna collect them. :-)

Linanthus

Post by Linanthus » December 7th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Doobjanka wrote:Thanks to RNG, I don't collect the Frigid Frostling on my main!
This ^
My boyfriend got 11 the first year and I just got a ton of scythes.. and I'm a DK! >.<

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 8th, 2011, 11:05 am

I don't collect un-obtainable pets, horde pets (im alliance), or pets from collector's editions for starcraft or diablo as I play neither of those games and i dont have that kind of money :( I do pick up TCG packs every now and again though

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 8th, 2011, 11:07 am

As I mostly solo and am not really into end-game, I doubt I'll ever end up getting the Perky Pug. I'm just glad they picked a pet for that achievement that doesn't interest me in the slightest. :)
Mingyao on Madoran

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 9th, 2011, 1:27 pm

I think you're referring to things one intentionally doesn't collect, as opposed to things one physically or within the bounds of reason cannot collect.

I feel you about those horrible bugs, especially the first one - shudder. If I weren't such a completionist (or they took up limited space) I wouldn't allow those two either, but since I can just hide them away, even they are collected. I think I still didn't buy that awful Cockroach until after I had my Fawn. XF

But as it is, the closest I get to not collecting pets intentionally that I as a player could feasibly obtain, is being such a dedicated single character collector! I go for everything on Ri with such fervor that I have no time or inclination left for any other characters. Which in turn makes them less attractive to me, because when I'm playing them I miss all her little advantages and options, haha. This also means faction-restricted pets are out obviously.

As far as non-pets, If I CAN collect it, I most likely do. I'm a collecting fiend! It's just how I am. I'm crazy for pets and mounts, followed by costumes, toys, achievements, tier sets, titles, other miscellaneous pretty weapons and gear...I even have a collection of interesting grey items. XD Pets will always come first though. :3

One exception of mine that's popular with other players is tabards, as they take up valuable space, and I don't like to wear them anyway. I only collect enough to get the associated achievements, and discard any that I can get back if I really need to.