RottenWatch 2013!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yumehayla
Pet Score:6536
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu
Re: RottenWatch 2013!

Post by Yumehayla » December 30th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Tried it every day of the event so far, with four alts that I have that can get the quest. Got 4 or 5 bots, 2 Lumpys, and still no Rotten, sob. Trying to trade one Lumpy away for him!

Sylken
Pet Score:2142
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Sylken » December 30th, 2013, 6:57 pm

9 days, 9 characters at max level = 81 bags - no pet. :twisted:

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » December 30th, 2013, 8:52 pm

The first day I did it was the second day of the event. I did it on 19 alts and was so fed up that I was going to go to bed and leave it. I decided to give it one more go on my 20th alt and lo and behold it dropped.

Now I am trying to get it for a friend who is away on holiday and wont be back in time but no luck whatsoever. Heres hoping that will change.

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » January 1st, 2014, 6:33 pm

I've been doing the quest every day on 4 max level toons. 17 days x 4 = 68 Bags No Rotten Little Helper, 1 Lumpy, and about 8 Clockwork Bots and tons of Fruitcake!

I broke down today and bought the Rotten Little Helper from the AH for 5000g. I figured since Winter Veil goes away tonight and it's no longer available the price will go up from those that are hording it to sell after.

Shinii
Top Rater
Pet Score:5470
BattleTag®:Shini#1888
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Shinii » January 1st, 2014, 7:58 pm

After 124 attempt (8 times a day every day for 15 days on the 5th atempt that day I finally got my 1 rotten lil helper. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Yea my Luck is that bad

3 lumpy
4 clockbot
1 rare dagger

Tharloch
Pet Score:3883
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tharloch » January 3rd, 2014, 11:08 am

3 times a day, every day, and all I got was a lump of coal.

What made it worse, the person that was doing them along side of me got 3 Rottens, 4 Lumpys and 2 Clockworks.

Not only did I have bad luck, but Blizzard took great joy in rubbing it in my face lol.

Gratz to all those that got theirs.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » January 3rd, 2014, 8:53 pm

Ok I said I might be back to post my final numbers, so here you go:

18 days, 8 toons every day. Thats 144 stolen presents. I ended up with:

3 Blue Clockwork Rocket Bots
10 Clockwork Rocket Bots
4 Green Winter Helpers
6 Red Winter Helpers
6 Lumpys
7 Rotten Winter Helpers
2 Christmas Trees
I got a bunch of Jingling Bells also that I didnt add up.

I didnt get any Rotten's until Christmas Day. Then it was 4 more in the last 8 days. I really feel bad for those people who only had 1 toon and were hoping to get this. Even doing it with 8 toons each day, I couldnt believe how long it took me to finally get one.

***** So im curious, who had the worst luck? Post your final attempts with NO SUCCESS please! (0 of XXX please) *****

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » January 6th, 2014, 9:55 pm

I tried it only on one character each day and had no luck. Got the dagger though and sold it then bought a Rotten Helper for the money so it was basically a zero-sum game for me.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » January 8th, 2014, 9:27 am

Man, all I ever got was trash the whole time !! Guess I will work on trades until price goes down :evil:

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » January 8th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Shikon01 wrote:Man, all I ever got was trash the whole time !! Guess I will work on trades until price goes down :evil:
I suggest not waiting too long. The pet was out for the first time this year and as there is no new supply for a whole year prices will probably skyrocket over the next months.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » January 8th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I managed to get:

Rotten Helper +20
Lumpy +5

Did the daily almost everyday on 15 toons.

They sell for 10k stoned and leveled on my server.

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 9th, 2014, 1:56 am

Thanks to all who replied in the spirit of the thread. Also thanks to those of you who posted after my last post. I was trying to see who had the worst luck story, but all of you seemed to get a Rotten Helper with help from others or your own methods. I was going to give a free Rotten Helper to the worst bad luck case that posted. I didnt think it would take 5 days for someone to come forward, but I will view that as a good sign that almost everyone got the pets! Since Shikon is the only one that has posted her lack of luck, she will be the recipient of why I started this thread in the first place.

I sent you the free Rotten Helper on Bonechewer, it should already be in your mailbox. Enjoy Shikon! :)

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » January 16th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Moonie1 wrote:Thanks to all who replied in the spirit of the thread. Also thanks to those of you who posted after my last post. I was trying to see who had the worst luck story, but all of you seemed to get a Rotten Helper with help from others or your own methods. I was going to give a free Rotten Helper to the worst bad luck case that posted. I didnt think it would take 5 days for someone to come forward, but I will view that as a good sign that almost everyone got the pets! Since Shikon is the only one that has posted her lack of luck, she will be the recipient of why I started this thread in the first place.

I sent you the free Rotten Helper on Bonechewer, it should already be in your mailbox. Enjoy Shikon! :)
OMG !!!!!! I had some computer issues and problems logging on this site and just found out about my pet. I want to give you a BIG KISSS !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! I was so excited I almost fell outta my chair at the computer !!!!!! I was just on the wow forum this morning when I couldn't log on here and telling them about receiving pet and not sure where it came from and I was doing the happy dance. I had been sooo depressed doing the quest everyday on toons because I got 2 paper planes and trash for the whole winter veil and wondering if it was this bad for anyone else. I have never won anything before either this is sooo cool just gotta get a stone for that baby " Greench " ROF !!! Again I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !!!!!! :D :lol: :o :o

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 17th, 2014, 7:56 am

You are welcome, glad the lil Rotten guy went to a good home! ;)

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » January 17th, 2014, 8:55 am

You guys make this game worthwhile :D

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » January 17th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I saw Shikon's post yesterday on the Wow forums as s/he was trying to figure out how the Rotten Little Helper ended up in his/her mailbox. How proud and pleased I was to see the source mentioned. Many, many people saw that thread and it so much reinforced Warcraftpets' contributions to this very popular segment of WOW. Kudos!!

Moonie1
Top Rater

Post by Moonie1 » January 18th, 2014, 7:05 am

Haha thats awesome, I forgot I even named the toon that. Sorry it was so confusing, just figured it might go along with the thread. I am just glad that I was able to help out someone who didnt get one, I was worried I would end up sending it to someone who got one and would then turn around and sell it, so its nice to see the appreciation of the pet.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » January 18th, 2014, 9:49 am

We have the best group of folks out of all the forums. Everybody helps everybody and it has been the best educational tool for pets I have ever come across. I know I'm not the only one referring and recommending this site as your ' go to ' site for everything pet related and I am just thrilled to be part of it :D